Workshop of the Telescopes; Or, Memos from the Damocles Working Group Regarding a Confection-Based Black Hole Feed System

Third Law Hub » The Damocles Initiative » Workshop of the Telescopes

« Harvester of Eyes || HUB || The Machine »

rating: +120+x
SCP_Interstellar_logo3.png
DAMOCLES
INITIATIVE
Sic itur ad astra
GOC_Taskforce_Logo.png

From O5-03 (Overseer, O5 Council)
Subject Welcome to the Damocles Initiative
To gnikroW.5L|SELCOMAD#gnikroW.5L|SELCOMAD (Damocles Working Group, Provisional)

Ladies and gentlemen,

Congratulations. As of this moment, you are now involved in the most significant human engineering project in unrecorded history.

Your task is to find a means to construct and launch a crewed interstellar spacecraft before the end of this year.

Attached, you will find briefing materials explaining why this is necessary, which should also help you determine the requisite performance parameters of the spacecraft. I won't go into more detail now, but suffice to say that this may be the most important project ever undertaken by the Foundation.

This is an Article 13 operation, which means you'll be working with a similar team from the Global Occult Coalition. They'll be providing additional expertise in thaumatology and esoteric paratechnology that will likely be useful.

All of you have been given Level 5 Damocles clearances, which provides Thaumiel access to all space-related anomalies and assets, and Restricted access to most other SCP objects; you are also entitled to request elevated access on any anomalies or assets that you believe will be useful for this project. Similar clearances have been provided to you for GOC files, and you are allowed and encouraged to exchange information with your counterparts.

I want a preliminary proposal from you all that I can present to the rest of the Council and the Undersecretary-General by the end of the day.

Godspeed.

O5-03


1 Attachment:
ISHMAEL_BREAKAWAY_Briefing_O5.scppt



















From Dr. Phoebe Harlan (Senior Researcher, Metamaterials Workshop)
Subject Preliminary Proposal of the Damocles Working Group
To O5-03 (Overseer, O5 Council)

After a great deal of research and discussion, we've concluded that our best option is to repurpose an existing anomalous asset. Prometheus Labs began to construct an interstellar spaceship in 1996, but the project was canceled and it remains abandoned. We believe that, with the combined resources of the Foundation and Global Occult Coalition, we will be able to retrofit the remains of the Daedalus into a suitable spacecraft for the Damocles Initiative.

Dr. Phoebe Harlan
Program Supervisor, Applied Composites


From O5-03 (Overseer, O5 Council)
Subject Re:Preliminary Proposal of the Damocles Working Group
To Dr. Phoebe Harlan (Senior Researcher, Metamaterials Workshop)

Approved. Do you have a plan for how this will be accomplished?

O5-03


From Dr. Phoebe Harlan (Senior Researcher, Metamaterials Workshop)
Subject Re:Re:Preliminary Proposal of the Damocles Working Group
To O5-03 (Overseer, O5 Council)

We are ironing out the details right now.

Dr. Phoebe Harlan
Program Supervisor, Applied Composites



































From Dr. Song Jin-ho (Senior Researcher, Experimental Fusion Laboratory)
Subject Final Proposal of the Damocles Working Group
To O5-03 (Overseer, O5 Council)

I’ve attached our full proposal below.

The good news is that we have a plan. We should be able to construct, power, and staff the ship, and the ship will be capable of reaching Alula Borealis at approximately the same time as our adversaries.

The bad news is everything else about this plan.

Dr. Song Jin-ho
Principal Investigator, MICROSTAR


2 Attachments:
Damocles_Report.scppt
Antoinette_Machine.scpng

« Harvester of Eyes || HUB || The Machine »

rating: +120+x
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License