Dr. Palanez's Proposal

rating: +797+x

NOTICE FROM THE FOUNDATION RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

This SCP-001 proposal is incomplete and concerns an anomaly that is not fully understood. Please forward to designated personnel.


Item #: SCP-001-J

Object Class: Agape

Special Containment Procedures: Dr. Palanez, the current host of SCP-001-J, is no longer capable of containing it internally. SCP-001-J is to be transferred to Researcher Nogales upon completion of this document.

Description: SCP-001-J is a metaphysical concept that manifests primarily via emotions. An instance of SCP-001-J currently exists within Dr. Palanez but is strongly theorized to exist in Researcher Nogales as well.

SCP-001-J has effected changes in the behavior and personality of its host, Dr. Palanez. These changes include but are not limited to:

  • Elevated levels of endorphins
  • Positive mood
  • Improved outlook on life
  • Irrationality
  • Spontaneous and involuntary smiling
  • Lachrymal discharge from eyes
  • Increased empathy
  • Optimism
  • Formation of concrete future plans
  • Extravagant purchases
  • A tendency to share deep personal experiences with another SCP-001-J host
  • Emotional and physical intimacy with another SCP-001-J host

The current SCP-001-J instances appear to have spontaneously manifested during a shared meal within the Site-119 Cafeteria. Informal research and rampant speculation by other Site-119 personnel support this hypothesis.

A large number of specific circumstances and behaviors have been confirmed to strengthen the effects of SCP-001-J ; this list has been compiled by Dr. Palanez.

SCP-001-J is theorized to possess a long gestation period, as it remained dormant in both its hosts for several years before exhibiting most of its symptoms. SCP-001-J is incurable, and its symptoms continue to grow in severity with time.

Addendum:

Dr. Palanez: SCP-001-J cannot be contained. However, I have devised a new proposal to properly deal with its effects. Researcher Nogales, will you marry me?

Researcher Nogales: Proposal accepted, you dork.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License