Casefile #03/12/2021-A ("The Liberal Vampire")

INTERNAL ZM "WITCH SLAYER" DIVISION CASEFILE DOCUMENTATION

DO NOT DISSEMINATE


Case ID: #03/12/2021-A ("The Liberal Vampire")

Case Status: ACTIVE

Assigned Personnel: Agent Zieliński, Agent Mazurek

Synopsis: Refers to the chain of murders carried out between 03/12/2021 and 26/12/2021 on several high-standing Eastern European — including Polish — politicians and public figures.1 All recorded victims share the following similarities:

  • the possession of a high-ranking status as a member of right-wing political parties, groups, or movements in Eastern Europe;
  • a history of accusations of human rights violations and abuse of power;
  • a history of accusations of silencing political enemies, especially outside the boundaries of law;
  • a total and seemingly instantaneous removal of all blood from their organisms.

In all cases recorded, exsanguination has been deemed the cause of the victims' deaths; their bodies are otherwise unviolated and show no signs of any manipulation or damage, magical or otherwise. Similarly, all victims were found dead within public spaces they had often frequented — such as offices or chancelleries — usually being reported dead only minutes after being seen in perfect health in public.

As of writing, no suspect has been identified. Recovered documents from international organizations similar in purpose to the Division operating in affected areas — such as the Department of Abnormal Threats to the Security Service of Ukraine or the Federal Agency For the Supervision of the Abnormal — have similarly failed to identify any such person.

Each crime scene has been found devoid of physical evidence, save for the bodies themselves. Due to this, there exists no certainty that the person (or persons) responsible has stopped their actions, whatever their motivation may be — It is therefore the Division's opinion that the murders are yet to cease and should be considered an ongoing case.

History: The first murder relating to the investigation was recorded on 03/12/2021 — these activities have since continued in a sporadic and irregular manner and are yet to cease as of writing (26/12/2021). Under normal operational guidelines, the case would be classified under Alpha Proprity and immediately pursued further. However, due to the heightened staff requirements on account of the ongoing Veilfall scenario, the Division is unable to supply additional personnel to this investigation.

Were it not for the fact that the murders affected Zbigniew Ziobro, a high-level supporter of the operations of the Ministry of Occult Phenomena and the Division, the case would be temporarily frozen. Due to this, only Agents Zieliński and Mazurek were cleared to continue the investigation


Initial Analysis


> RECORDING STARTS <

Zieliński and Mazurek are standing around a desk displaying files for #03/12/2021-A. On the desk sit several photos of the victims and their bodies, as well as cross-referential documentation from recovered organizations and within the Division.
MAZUREK So, #03/12/2021-A. What are we thinking?
Zieliński scoffs.
ZIELIŃSKI What do I think? I think we are way too understaffed to handle this.
MAZUREK Right, yes, obviously. You try getting to command, though. "Veilfall takes priority" and all. I'm asking about this specifically.
Mazurek points at the photos.
ZIELIŃSKI Hmm. Dead politicians. Nothing new. You sure this isn't just a resurgent Becker?
MAZUREK It's not him. The Front2 hasn't been active since Veilfall. Besides, last I heard he's doing paranormal Olympics in Three Ports.
ZIELIŃSKI Copycat killer, then. The target demographic fits.
MAZUREK A copycat would actually copy though, wouldn't they. It's not like those corpses are beheaded. Same targets, but not the style. Or the actual reason Becker was even doing this in the first place.
Zieliński raises an eyebrow.
MAZUREK What? The Veil has already fallen. It's not them.
ZIELIŃSKI Right, but parabeings haven't disappeared alongside Normalcy, have they. Still has a demographic to fight for. It's them.
MAZUREK Eugh, whatever. I'll mark it as a possibility. But it's not them.
ZIELIŃSKI Point is, whoever is doing this, it's a stunt, just like Becker. Meant to attract attention. If they really just wanted those people dead, ricin in the tea also does the job and is quieter. This — this is intentional. Nobody leaves bodies like that in the open without wanting them to be seen.
MAZUREK Right. Fair point.
ZIELIŃSKI Also, they know their stuff. There's no sign of struggle, almost no blood. It's not an amateur. Some professional, hired maybe?
MAZUREK I'll get my boys to dig things on Valravn, but it also doesn't really feel like them. There'd be more noise and mess, and this… I don't know. It's all too quiet.
ZIELIŃSKI Hmm.
MAZUREK Indeed. What do we think about the elephant in the room, though?
Zieliński chuckles.
ZIELIŃSKI I was about to say. Yeah, I'm thinking it's a vampire. Fits the method. Would also explain how they got in and out without being noticed.
MAZUREK No teeth marks, though. Or any virus cells. Also the corpses are too tidy. No vamp would feast without at least some spillage.
ZIELIŃSKI Different court, then? God knows there's like a million of them nowadays. I'm not a vampirologist. But not every vamp is a Red, you know.
MAZUREK Right, obviously, but this still discounts like ninety percent of all vampires.
ZIELIŃSKI But the remaining ten are an obvious fit.
MAZUREK Fine.
ZIELIŃSKI You checked for any magic contamination?
MAZUREK Yes. Not much in that department. Some very faint EVE residual, but that could just as well be the bodies themselves generating it. If there was any magic involved, it couldn't have killed them.
ZIELIŃSKI But it's not impossible.
MAZUREK I suppose.
ZIELIŃSKI Any identifiable marks, inside or outside the body?
MAZUREK Nothing, as far as autopsies say. Except the total lack of blood, they are in pretty much perfect condition. Also, like you said, no signs of struggle.
ZIELIŃSKI So, what? Our guys just get de-blooded in an instant, no cause?
MAZUREK I'm not saying that. But… were that the case, it points to an interesting conclusion.
ZIELIŃSKI Which is?
MAZUREK Shapeshifter. None of them resisted. It had to happen instantly, without them even noticing. Just — snap — and gone.
ZIELIŃSKI Or someone sneaked up on them.
MAZUREK Yeah, or just shifted into someone they didn't think would be suspicious. Hmm.
ZIELIŃSKI It's better than nothing.
MAZUREK Right. But this isn't much. "Possible Liberationist," "possible vampire," "possible mage," "possible shapeshifter." Vague at best.
ZIELIŃSKI Useless at worst.
MAZUREK Yeah. I'd try to patch in with boys at Supervision to see if they got anything new, but again, not high up their list of priorities.
Zieliński sighs.
ZIELIŃSKI So, what do we do?
Mazurek shrugs.
MAZUREK Easiest option, I guess? Is there any ex-Front vampire mage that can shapeshift in our whole database?
Momentary silence.
ZIELIŃSKI …Huh. What if I told you there was?
MAZUREK Occam's razor or something. But I wouldn't have my hopes up.
ZIELIŃSKI Right.
MAZUREK Still. I'll call Acquisitions. Last I heard they can afford to lend us a hand. And we sure as hell could use it.

> RECORDING ENDS <


Suspect Interrogation

🔗 One (1) file attached: Suspect File #01/AB/83-ZP ("Maciej Kowalczuk)"

Name: Maciej Tomasz Kowalczuk

Sex: Male

Age: 29 years

Characteristics: 186 cm in height. 73 kg in weight. Shoulder-long black, curly hair. Grey eyes. Burn scar on the right cheek. Type Red vampirism carry. Above-average magical talent. Former Nälkä magic apprentice. Relatively proficient carnomantic shapeshifter. Former Miracle Liberation Front activist.

Division History: Originally arrested during the 2014-era Miracle Liberation Front skirmishes in Esterberg and Częstochowa; breached Division policy by utilizing his carnomancy in a public space outside the allowed Esterberg no-intervention zone during the protests. Kept imprisoned for 7 years; released immediately following Veilfall with 28 other low-danger Division prisoners as per the Ziobro Accords. Re-captured during #03/12/2021-A investigations for the purpose of interrogation; put under TS/90-S3 sedatives for the duration of the interview.

> RECORDING STARTS <

Zieliński and Mazurek are standing over Kowalczuk. The suspect is sitting tied up in a chair inside Interrogation Room B/6/10. There is a bag over his head. He can be heard frantically breathing, but is unable to move.
With a quick movement of her hand, Mazurek takes the bag from Kowalczuk's head, and shines a flashlight directly at him. For a brief second, the man panics; his vampiric irises can be seen enlarging tenfold.
KOWALCZUK I— I— I didn't— you gotta believe—
MAZUREK Shut up.
ZIELIŃSKI What were you doing on the night of December 3rd?
KOWALCZUK Don't— Don't you— Don't you know this already, I—
ZIELIŃSKI What. Were you doing. On the night. Of December 3rd?
Kowalczuk turns towards Zieliński, visibly struggling to make his figure out against the light. His breathing slightly slows down.
KOWALCZUK Cards! Christ. I was playing cards. With a few of my friends — they can confirm it! Jesus. I was. At their place. Cards. Fuck.
Mazurek turns her flashlight off. Kowalczuk takes a few moments to calm down, and then looks at both Division operatives, a faint spark of fear in his eyes.
KOWALCZUK Man I, you gotta believe me! I didn't do anything, swear on my heart.
ZIELIŃSKI Your friends — their names. Now.
KOWALCZUK I… P-Piotr Nowak. Marzena Ostrowska. Bartosz Słowacki. What… What the hell did I do, man?
MAZUREK You are not yet cleared to know this.
Kowalczuk tries to scoff; it comes out only as gurgled coughs.
KOWALCZUK Right, 'course, of fuckin'—
ZIELIŃSKI You keep up with your Front buddies recently, huh? Any secret meetings?
KOWALCZUK No! 'Course not. They're not even in Poland — n-not that I would try! Jesus. I've been clean man, I've told you. No attacks. Nothing. What do you think I did?
MAZUREK And how's that vampirism of yours recently? Still having trouble keeping it under control? Maybe you tried it on a few people your buddies wanted revenge on?
KOWALCZUK No, Jesus. I… I did the appointments. All of them. You can see my WPhO card. It's… It's in my back pocket.
Zieliński starts taking items out of Kowalczuk's pocket; among a lighter and a few złoty coins and bills, he finds the card the suspect mentioned. All of the stamps are approved by appropriate officials.
Mazurek and Zieliński exchange looks, turning their sight towards the photos in Mazurek's manilla folder. She nods, and hands them over.
Zieliński leans over Kowalczuk, pointing at the dried-out bodies depicted in his hands.
ZIELIŃSKI Heard anything about those?
KOWALCZUK Jesus. No, fuck no! What the hell, man.
MAZUREK Maciej Kowalczuk, do you understand that you are currently under suspicion of 19 cases of illegal entry via carnomantic shapeshifting and vampiric murder?
Kowalczuk shakes his head.
KOWALCZUK You think a vampire did that? Christ, man. No vamp takes that much. It's— It's too much. No vamp would take this much. We drink, but not like this! Jesus. Are they all— all dried up?
Zieliński furrows his brows.
ZIELIŃSKI You still remain a suspect.
MAZUREK And may I add, your past Front connections and carnomantic abilities put you rather high up that list.
KOWALCZUK Oh come on man, that's no fair! You know I've been magic-clean. Check my EVE. Here, I— I have another card if you want to—
Kowalczuk starts moving around the chair, as if trying to reach his other pocket.
KOWALCZUK Besides, last I heard all Nälkä practice was banned in Poland, "unless under—"
Zieliński winces, and suddenly sighs.
ZIELIŃSKI Fuck.
With his head, Zieliński shows Mazurek to exit the room with him. She complies.
KOWALCZUK H-Hey, what's going o—
The door closes, leaving only the two Division agents in the room adjacent to the interrogation chamber.
MAZUREK What's up? Why did you stop?
ZIELIŃSKI We're idiots. He's also right.
MAZUREK How so?
ZIELIŃSKI No vampire could do this. It's also no Front job.
Mazurek raises an eyebrow.
MAZUREK Or, he could be lying to cover his ass. Far from the first mage to resist TS/90-S.
ZIELIŃSKI A guy like him? Please. It'd be a miracle if he didn't burn himself trying to make a fire.
MAZUREK Right, but—
ZIELIŃSKI Just trust me on this one.
Zieliński points with his head towards the staircase leading to the on-site archives.
ZIELIŃSKI Come on. We've got an obvious connection to prove.

> RECORDING ENDS <


Addendum #03/12/2021-A-1: Following the completion of Suspect #01/AB/83-ZP's interrogation, his memory of the events was properly dealt with, and he was released back into his house in Częstochowa. An appropriate explanation for his 7-hour disappearance was presented to him and his closest accomplices by Division personnel as per standard protocol.

Meanwhile, Agents Zieliński and Mazurek re-assessed the already available facts relating to #03/12/2021-A, with the added context for Zieliński's new ideas. Their research revealed that all of the victims of the murders did indeed share another common characteristic that had previously been overlooked — all of them have been accused of, at some point in their lives, willingly approving behind-Veil laws or regulations that significantly infringed upon or limited the rights of Nälkä peoples within their countries.


Informant Interrogation

🔗 One (1) file attached: Informant File #98/KS/91-PA ("The Old Witch)"

Name: Unknown; colloquially referred to as "The Old Witch" or simply "The Witch" and "The Sage" by Divison personnel

Sex: Unknown, if even applies

Age: Unknown

Characteristics: 328 cm in height. 785 kg in weight. Former human. Body augmented by Nälkä carnomancy to such a degree as to be virtually impossible to classify as "humanoid." Resembles a grotesque creature of flesh full of limbs engraved with runes and several head-like constructs with long, silver hair and gouged-out eyes. Despite this, remains sentient and sapient and is fully capable of speech and logical thought. Half-fused with the building it resides in to such a degree that it is incapable of locomotion. Requires no sustenance to survive.

Division History: Subject was initially discovered during the Cold War-era OPERATION CHRISTBREAKER ventures into the Russian North for the purposes of recapturing Polish thaumic assets involved with proto-Nälkä societies and individuals residing within. Since discovery, has acted as a constant source of information relating to Nälkä history, culture, and practice to the Divison — the only thing it wishes in return for its information is human contact for the purpose of conversation once in a week. Identified to have acted as an "archive" and guide to many proto-Nälkä peoples of the Russian North for numerous generations, including the societies eliminated by OPERATION CHRISTBREAKER.

Important: All personnel interacting with the subject are to imperatively uphold the illusion that the Division represents the interests of the Nälkä peoples and that it is staffed by followers of the doctrine; the subject has only agreed to cooperate with the Division under the pretense that the Division is a Nälkä group.

> RECORDING STARTS <

Zieliński and Mazurek are standing outside the Witch's hut. They both exchange heavy looks, sigh, and shake their heads. Zieliński takes a deep breath, opens the doors to the hut, and they both enter through.
Both immediately wrinkle their noses at the everpresent stench. They look at the gigantic mass of flesh collapsed against one of the walls, quickly putting gentle smiles on their faces.
With noticeable difficulty, the Old Witch straightens up — if the action can even be described as straightening up — and turns its many heads towards the newcomers. On the lips of all of them, a smile that mirrors that of the Agents appears. The being lets out a quiet but warm laugh, and invites the two to come forward with its numerous hands. The Agents comply.
ZIELIŃSKI In Russian: <Greetings, O Sage! My friend and I hope our arrival finds you at a time of peace.>
Zieliński and Mazurek both bow.
THE WITCH <Anna! Kazimierz! How wonderful it is to see you here once more!>
MAZUREK <We are glad to say that we rejoice to finally have another chance at meeting you as well, O Sage.>
The Witch's non-eyes all turn toward both of the Agents as the being puts its hands together.
THE WITCH <How can I be of help this time, my dears? Is it the shade-brew? Or perhaps have my previous instructions proven unclear? I was a little worried they would not—>
Zieliński smiles politely.
ZIELIŃSKI <It is nothing of the sort, O Sage.>
MAZUREK <We come before you today to humbly ask for your help with a new conundrum.>
The Witch tilts its heads.
THE WITCH <And what may that be?>
Zieliński and Mazurek exchange looks. They both nod a moment later.
Zieliński takes out the photos of #03/12/2021-A victims from his pocket, and hands them over to the Witch. The being takes them and — very gently — starts to caress every centimeter of the pictures with its fungus-ridden fingers. A few moments later, it frowns with pain and worry as it gives the photos back to Zieliński.
THE WITCH <On my old chains. I… What is the meaning of this, dears?>
ZIELIŃSKI <We apologize for bringing before you these awful images, but we have met a dead end in our study. There is simply nobody else we could turn to.>
MAZUREK <These pictures depict our good friends, all of them murdered in cold blood. We have information that may suggest they were slain by those that dare misshape the Nälkä practice for the sake of their own greed.>
ZIELIŃSKI <We come before you to ask whether you know anything of such a brutal technique as was used on these poor people.>
The Witch slowly shakes its head.
THE WITCH <My dears, I… I do not know who told you these are the work of our kin. The practice you've shown me — the vile act of stealing one's blood — it is the work of the Old Empire.4 Or, at the very least, someone who had tried to imitate the brutal work of the Empire's murderers.>
THE WITCH <Truth be told, I… I do not know who might have done this. There are only a few among us who have ever dared venture into these areas of the Art — but I would not worry about them having done this. Master Ion has long taken care of them.>
MAZUREK <We worry, O Sage, that if we do not find the one responsible, our friends will never be safe. We suspect that the heathen who had caused all of this utilizes carnomantic shapeshifting to change their form to ambush their victims. Can you tell us more about it?>
THE WITCH <To change one's flesh so easily, with so little bounds and with so little time — it takes a true master of the craft to even hope to achieve it. But to master it, over and over, to repeatedly and seamlessly blend into perfect images of another man? I can perhaps think of Five practitioners who have reached such a mastery of this skill — and I dare not even think about them having caused this.>
The Witch sighs, the movement slumping its heavy body once again against the wall of the house.
THE WITCH <I'm truly sorry, dears, but I cannot help you. If it was me whose friends had gone like this, I'd suggest looking into those who could even know of — let alone handle — the repulsive crafts of the Empire. This, I believe, would be the line of deduction most promising here.>
MAZUREK <O Sage, me and my friend thank you dearly. Your insights have been most valuable, and we cannot emphasize how grateful we are for your continued wisdom>
Once again, the Agents bow, and start to walk towards the exit.
THE WITCH <Before you go, dears, there is something more I believe you should do.>
The Agents stop midway, and raise their eyebrows.
THE WITCH <Whoever your murderer might be, whoever dares to raise their hands against such people of faith as yourself — be careful. I do not know them — nor do I know much about them — but if they are yet to cease in their spree, it is unlikely that they will anytime soon. Inform your friends. Come to them personally. Perhaps then, once you finally face the killer, shall you not only protect your closest, but also see who dares attack your kin.>

> RECORDING ENDS <


Addendum #03/12/2021-A-2: In light of the new information — as well as advice offered by the Witch — Agents Zieliński and Mazurek proceeded to identify and catalog all of the remaining individuals that were at threat of becoming future #03/12/2021-A victims. They then sorted them all from the most likely to the least likely to suffer such an attack, as dictated by their position and influence over the approval of the anti-Nälkä regulations.

Due to the scarcity of resources, Division Command advised that the Agents only attend to the most likely future victim in order to prevent the possible attempt on their life and / or identify the individual(s) responsible for the ongoing murders.


Victim Intervention


> RECORDING STARTS <

Zieliński and Mazurek are walking down one of the corridors of the Polish Parliament building. They are trying their best to avoid all of the journalists that are blocking almost all space within the building; some of them actively attempt to ask the Agents about the ongoing Veilfall scenario. Instead of replying, Zieliński just shows them his badge — briefly enough for them to notice his importance but not long enough to actually identify him. The moment the journalists glance at the Division insignia, they quickly back off, letting the two pass.
The two Agents quicken their pace, heading towards one of the conference rooms. They both grab their weapons, exchange looks, and nod. Mazurek firmly knocks on the door thrice. When after a moment, no answer comes, they both come barging in, breaking down the door and entering the room.
Before them, the dead body of Przemysław Czarnek5 lays on the floor; just like the remainder of the #03/12/2021-A victims, it is entirely devoid of blood and has no other wounds inflicted upon it. Above it, a circle made up of blood is levitating slowly; moments later, it turns into a stream that shoots out towards one of the windows at the other end of the room.
The two Agents look up, and notice a small hooded figure crouching on the windowsill. The blood stream stops at their hand as it crystalizes into a small shard. The figure takes the newly-formed crystal and attaches it onto a necklace around their neck; within its ropes, 19 other crystals are already located. The figure smiles, and it too looks up.
The very moment the figure notices the two Agents, their smile fades and turns into a grimace. The murderer lets out an angry shriek, a serpentine tongue and long teeth visible inside their mouth, and jumps out of the window next to them, shattering the glass and sending the shards towards Mazurek and Zieliński.
Without as much as flinching, the two shield themselves with their left hands and start to sprint towards the window. Zieliński curses as he takes the lead — moments later, both of them are standing on the exterior windowsill, looking down in search of the escapee. They squint their eyes and aim their weapons, frantically eyeing the dark surroundings of the Warsaw night.
ZIELIŃSKI There!
Zieliński points towards one of the trees located around the Parliament building; within its branches, the small figure stands crooked, their hands moving in a circular, serpentine manner. Before any of the Agents can shoot at them, they snap their fingers, resulting in the fabric of reality ripping apart below them; in the space that had once been the ground, there now sits a pulsating, flesh-like red pit that rhythmically breathes in and out. Around it, sparks of magical energy can be seen; the inside of its "throat" widens as its portal membrane makes itself manifest. The small figure hisses again and jumps inside the portal.
Zieliński and Mazurek don't even look at each other; they, too, jump right after the murderer.
As loud sounds of gulping and burping can be heard, the camera's vision goes dark; when it comes back up again, the three figures are no longer standing outside the Parliament building. Instead, the Agents are laying on their backs on the cold floor of an icy cave. Above them, the small figure looms; their face is twisted in a snarl, and their finger is pointing directly at the Division operatives. Within their palm, a sigil depicting three snakes surrounded in a circle is tattooed.
UNKNOWN In Russian: <You fucking dogs.>
The murderer spits on the floor; Zieliński tries to use their millisecond of distraction to reach for his gun, which is now laying half a meter next to him. Before he can grab the weapon, the figure's arm shoots out of their clothing, now reformed into a sharp blade, and it rips apart Zieliński's hand. He screams; the figure only laughs.
UNKNOWN <You already signed your death sentence the second you called me a liberal.>
Mazurek looks at Zieliński; he has relatively calmed down, trying his best to wrap his hand around in his clothes. She changes her sight to meet that of the murderer, even if their eyes are covered by the long hood. Her own face is stone-cold.
MAZUREK <And who are you to think you can threaten us?>
The figure laughs again, this time reaching out for a garotte from behind their cape. They ready the weapon as they snap their fingers, and from the shadows around the cave, 20 people — all somehow augmented with NÄlkÄ magic, though with nothing but free will on their faces — step out. Their hands all hold knives; their eyes are all focused on the two Agents.
UNKNOWN <I am the Coiled Shadow. I am judgment. I am jaka. And now, me and my men have come for you, you cop piece of shit.>
MAZUREK <I'd love to fucking see you try.>
The figure comes a little bit closer to Mazurek, gently touching her chin with their hands; they are cold and grey, and their nails are long and red. Mazurek flinches away.
UNKNOWN <You will bleed, just like your masters have. You will bleed for the blood stolen from my kin. You will bleed for the blood stolen from the world. You will bleed for the chains you have put upon all of us. And you will bleed by my hand.>
Noticing Zieliński trying to reach for his weapon again, in a single smooth motion, the figure knocks out Mazurek's gun out of her own belt and grabs Zieliński's. Without hesitation, they point it at the Agent and fire. He falls back, now limp.
The figure turns towards their men, and says a few words in a language unknown. Within their words, there is authority, but no orders — only requests to equals.
UNKNOWN <incomprehensible>
The murderer then turns towards Mazurek once more, Zieliński's gun pointed at the Agent.
UNKNOWN <Any last words, dog?>
Mazurek looks at them, disdain in her eyes.
MAZUREK <See you again in Adytum, bitch.>
Within a fraction of a second, she grabs Zieliński's unmoving body by its wrist and takes out a rune-engraved stone from her pocket. The figure pulls the trigger, but before the bullet can reach Mazurek's head, the Agent smashes the item, causing both of them to suddenly disappear.
As heavy panting can be heard, the log ends.

> RECORDING ENDS <






















































ZM "WITCH SLAYER" DIVISION E-MAIL

File Inbox New Mail


TO: zmcommand@gov_internal.pl

Respectable sirs and madams,

Forgive the time and my tone, but this is a matter of utmost urgency — I'm writing this right as I board a helicopter to HQ. I'm running to you almost directly from a battlefield. (Zieliński is in appropriate hands. Hurt, but stable; he'll live). I do not know how much time we've got to spare.

The confrontation with the #03/12/2021-A murderer was far from a success — in the end, they got away, and it almost cost us the life of two Agents to try and stop it from happening. But it wasn't a total failure — we heard their voice and their words. And we saw their sigil — three entangled snakes, all surrounded by a single circle.

Their words, too, back up what I am about to propose. I may not personally know Ämärangnä, but I'd trust our local B/6 linguopath with my life. She says the words they spoke just after shooting Zieliński mean, and I quote: "Contact the others. Tell them I've taken care of the [dogs / beasts] for now, but that they will soon return. We cannot take any more risks. Not until we are [done / finished / complete]."

I hope I do not need to tell you what a threat a re-emergent Klavigar Saarn poses.

What's even more worrying is that this isn't just an isolated incident; Supervision tells me they have unconfirmed reports about a ten-meter horned warrior following Vanguard staff. There's also been rumors of a many-handed figure being spotted around Prague and Alexandrian libraries. And while it would be a stretch to say from the intel we have gathered that what apparently lurks beneath the Hoia Forest is Lovataar, it would also be dishonest to call the two unrelated.

With all of this in mind, I must therefore ask: what the hell are the four Klavigars up to? What is so important that all four of them have seemingly only now decided to stop their millennia-old slumber, and reveal themselves to the world at large?

And, most importantly of all, can we truly be sure it is just the Impasse that has caused this?


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License