The Cage
rating: +21+x

Journal of Frank Adam Bourne

26/04/2013:

Today was a little strange. I had just closed up and was heading out the door when a short man in a suit approached me. He asked if I was interested in a business proposition. Now I've had my fair share of run-ins with schemers and crooks, so I was a little wary of this guy.

He explained to me he is a liason of Harburgh Holdings Ltd., a rather large real estate holdings corp. He said he wanted to purchase my bar. That got my attention… I nearly flat out rejected him until he gave me the offer.

$867,000. All in cash, off the books. I did my research on the company and they had a website and everything… they're good for it. I even phoned their office and they confirmed they had sent a representative to meet with me. They seem legit.

I'm going to take the night to think about it.

27/04/2013:

I sold the bar. I shook the man's hand and wished him good luck. He offered to keep me on full-time as the manager. I figured, hey, why not. I mean his company's already paid me enough for me to buy my own apartment building… I can't lose here. It'll give me something to do during the day too… I don't want to spend any more time with the wife than I have to.

They started bringing in their stuff today. By the end of the week we should be ready to re-open. He says he wants me to take a few days off in the meantime, while he gets the place set up.

4/05/2013:

Now we're back in business! Strange thing, a few days ago, the same guy from the company paid me a visit. He said he's renaming the bar to the 'Vic Stanley Country Club'. I think I vomited internally, but I never told him I didn't care for the new name.

He's turning it into a geezer's hangout. Today they hung a massive sign up outside. Whoop-de-do.

07/05/2013:

I need to be more regular with these entries. Right now I'm kind of feeling my way around these new owners, trying to get back on my legs and with the rythm [sic]. The last few days have been kind of hectic while we get used to the speed of things.

Today, we had this lady and her husband come in. They had a bite. The waitress said they talked her ear off about Jerry Lee Lewis. Bunch of weirdos…. he hasn't been relevant in 30 years. Whatever, I shouldn't concern myself with what others do. Doctor says it's bad for my health or something.

09/05/2013:

The last few days have seen an increase in Jerry Lee Lewis fans coming here. I have no idea why they decided to make this their hangout.

Funny, most of them have said that they attended a Jerry Lee concert at this exact venue a couple months ago. I told them that can't be right, I owned the place back then, and we never hosted any concerts.

10/05/2013:

I had a good long chat with some of the patrons that came in. We talked for hours about Jerry Lee Lewis… one of them lent me a CD of his.

I remember going to that show of his, a few months back, clear as day. Think about it.

11/05/2013:

The short man in the suit asked us to try out this new brew they concocted. Think about it. It was alright, tasted perhaps a little bitter.

I asked him if I could change the music in the P.A. to Jerry Lee. He said 'go nuts'.

13/05/2013:

I can feel it closing in on me like teeth… I hope it goes back to the cage.

14/05/2013:

I've been listening to my recording of the concert for DAYS. It's so good.

I wish I could find that record 'Rock & Roll Sacrificial' somewhere… no store around here carries it. I want to hear it.

I want to learn it! I need to learn it. If I learn it, maybe it won't take me. Maybe I will get to meet him. Yeah. It can't come out again. It needs to stay in its cage. In the cage. In the cage. In the cage. In the cage. Stay in the cage. Yes.

Think about it.

16/05/2013:

Too tired. Can't think about it.

17/05/2013:

Fuck, I feel like I got ran over by a train. My head's been pounding non-stop for the last 3 days.

We still get those Jerry Lee Lewis superfans non-stop. Some of the regulars complain of headaches as well.

Today they rolled out the new brew as a full replacement. It's actually worse than the old stuff… I have no clue why they insist on it.

21/05/2013:

I quit. I'm sick and tired of 'Jerry Lee Lewis' this, and 'Jerry Lee' that… those nutjobs can keep the place. It's turned into a disaster since they bought it.

-Report by Field Agent ███████-

<BEGIN REPORT>

April 26th, 2013. I approached Mr. Bourne with the offer to purchase his estabilishment on behalf of Harburgh Holdings Ltd. Phase One of Operation 'Pee Wee's Place' has begun.

April 27th, 2013. Mr. Bourne accepted my offer. Ownership of the property was subsequently transferred to Harburgh Holdings Ltd., a subsidiary of Foundation Public Holdings.

May 4th, 2013. Renovations to the building were completed. The estabilished was officially renamed to the Vic Stanley Country Club. Phase One of Operation 'Pee Wee's Place' complete.

May 7th, 2013. As anticipated, a large number of subjects afflicted with SCP-2971 have begun gathering on the property.

May 10th, 2013. Mr. Bourne infected with SCP-2971.

May 13th, 2013. Mr. Bourne requested to change the estabilishment's P.A. music player to all Jerry Lee Lewis songs. Request granted, as I deemed this beneficial to the mission. Phase Two of Operation 'Pee Wee's Place' underway.

May 16th, 2013. Subjects who consumed the amnestic-laced alcoholic beverages show symptoms of headaches. Product is believed to be working as intended.

May 18th, 2013. All subjects previously infected by SCP-2971 have shown complete recovery. Phase Two of Operation 'Pee Wee's Place' ongoing, but first trial run is a success.

May 19th, 2013. Mr. Bourne's dwelling searched, several SCP-2971 items recovered, including near-complete audio recording of SCP-2971-A.

May 21st, 2013. Mr. Bourne informed me he is terminating his employment two weeks from today's date. Search for replacement begun.

<END REPORT>

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License