'Thalbrum Vehicle Security System' (ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R)

rating: +32+x
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Status Acquirable
Demand Unknown
Value Not For Sale
Availability Estimated (1)
Identifier Thalbrum Vehicle Security System
Description An anti-theft security system that stops theft and vandalism through its memetic abilities. Each security system is custom-fit to the vehicle, and provides a protective shield around the exterior to prevent damage to the vehicle. The vehicle's owner has full control over these abilities, and can authorize interactions with the vehicle to others.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Initial Report
Author Stanley Bernal Date April 29, 2010
Interest Medium Identifier Thalbrum Vehicle Security System
The deal with Howard Thalbrum has been successful. I have personally looked over his blueprints, and I am convinced that his invention will make us a pretty penny. What kind of car owner doesn't worry about vandals and carjackers, after all? They will pay top dollar for this.

He already has a working prototype. I've seen it myself, it sends thoughts into potential thieves' minds that deter any attempts at stealing. I've met his son Daniel, too. Doesn't seem to have his father around a lot, actually.

Anyway, the blueprints should already be in our databases, and the prototype will be delivered to our branch in San Joaquin as soon as possible.
File Opened Under: ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 02
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Sender Amos Marshall Recipient Stanley Bernal
I have received the news that Mr. Thalbrum has passed away, and left his son with the prototype. While the company still has the proper blueprints, our lab boys find it difficult to replicate the Thalbrum security system on their test cars.

Nevertheless, I've come into contact with the late Thalbrum's son, and he will transfer the prototype to us on July 24 in the parking lot of St. Everetts Memorial Hospital in Laurel Creek. Once we get our hands on this, we can finally make out some price point and demand for the security system.

Make sure the car makes it safely to us. Your job depends on it.

-Amos Marshall

P.S. The Thalbrum son will join us as well, since he is now the legal owner.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Incident Log 01
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Author Kaitlyn Cantara Date July 24, 2010
The transfer of the Thalbrum prototype did not go as planned. Operatives from the Foundation were able to intercept the meeting and take the prototype, as well as Mr. Thalbrum, to an unknown location. The agents involved wore MC&D uniforms in order to fool Mr. Thalbrum into turning over our prototype to the Foundation.

Stanley Bernal, the former project head, has been let go after this incident.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 05
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Sender Amos Marshall Recipient William Innsbruck
Congratulations on your promotion, Mr. Innsbruck. While your accountant figures out how much of your bonus is taxable, I will remind you of your new duties.

The man in your position before you failed to perform a simple task: collect a prototype of a new vehicle security system. Now you must pick up where he left off, at great expense to me, the company, and the man before you, who can live off of food stamps for all I care.

The prototype is a vintage cream-tan Chevrolet sedan, accompanied by a man named Daniel Thalbrum. Both are in the custody of the Foundation, where the prototype will rot and be forgotten about, instead of turning into riches under the wheel of free-market capitalism. Your task is to get that car back by any means necessary. You may ask me for additional resources, but keep in mind that I am an impatient man with immense political power.

Do not fail me, or you will join Bernal in the unemployment line.

-Amos Marshall
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 08
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Sender William Innsbruck Recipient Amos Marshall
I found it! I found where the Foundation is keeping our prototype!

It's at Site-48 in California. I've already sent the coordinates to you. Daniel is there too. We'll need to break him out as well, since he's the only one who can allow us to drive the prototype out of there.

I found out about this through a researcher I had to bribe, and I am happy to report that he has been successfully bought out. His name is Bradson Boudames, if you need to know. He's a great tool to find out the layout of the facility, and may have a direct line to Daniel as well.

I must admit that I'm not sure what to do next. We can sneak Daniel and the prototype out through Boudames, but by the way he describes the security, I'm not sure if that's possible without massive resources. If you'd like, I can reach out to some third-party operatives to get the job done.

Please respond quickly, Mr. Marshall. As you said, the prototype is rotting away as we speak.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 09
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Sender Amos Marshall Recipient William Innsbruck
Your eagerness and sleuthing skills do not disappoint me. However, your generosity certainly does. Next time, start off with a smaller bribe amount. These costs add up quickly.

As for the retrieval, do not worry about it. I have forwarded the coordinates to a trusted organization with knowledge on the Foundation's day to day operations. With the right price, they'll retrieve anything, and with the right political leverage, we can even get a nice discount.

Once the prototype arrives, you will be in charge of it, as well as all market research. If something happens to that car, you can kiss your job goodbye.

-Amos Marshall
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Incident Report 02
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Author Bradson Boudames Date September 02, 2010
The prototype has been successfully retrieved from the Foundation and into the possession of Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP. Formerly known as SCP-3763, the Chevrolet Biscayne is currently with Daniel Thalbrum, and both are at the San Joaquin branch. Former Foundation doctor Bradson Boudames has also defected from the Foundation, and is offering his employment to Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP.

The operation resulted in zero casualties. Study of the item is to begin immediately.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP

Memo 10
ZLQMK/6XY4R/V4D3R
Sender Amos Marshall Recipient Bradson Boudames
Welcome to your new career as a researcher for Marshall, Carter and Dark Limited Liability Partnership. My name is Amos Marshall, and I am your new boss. You will be allowed to converse with me through these memos regarding important updates and information. I understand if this is a culture shock to you, as the Foundation higher-ups do not seem to be as accessible to the average Researcher Joe.

While we appreciate your defection to our company, I must mention that your former affiliations with the Foundation will bring suspicion from your new coworkers. In order to gain our trust, you must demonstrate high levels of loyalty and gratitude to us whenever you perform research. While the use of Foundation research is a topic we cannot get into at this time, I will remind you that I have my eye on you, and so does Innsbruck.

Anyway, congratulations on your new job with us. We have a lot of work to do and a lot of money to make.

-Amos Marshall

P.S. I hope you saved your bribe money, because it will come out of your future paychecks.
Marshall, Carter and Dark, LLP
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License