Termination Log SCP-1016
rating: +173+x

Surveillance Log x219███, Date █-██-███

(Dr. Gears enters Containment area for SCP-1016-D)

Dr. Gears: “Good morning SCP-1016.”

SCP-1016: “Hiya Doc! And it’s ‘Ben’, remember?”

Dr. Gears: “I have been informed of your civilian designation. I request that you accompany me to Testing Area 8-B for evaluation and testing of your ‘wireless’ connection to the Internet.”

SCP-1016: “Hey, I already said I wouldn’t do anything you guys don’t want me to. Besides, you can’t really block me…I’m behind seven proxies!” (Several seconds of laughter)

Dr. Gears: “…if you would accompany me immediately, we can conclude testing in a timely fashion.”

SCP-1016: (appears somewhat hurt and sulking) “…Ok. Jeeze, lighten up man…”

(Dr. Gears and SCP-1016 exit the containment area. Site Maintenance enters after several minutes and begins collection and disposal of SCP-1016 personal effects.)


Excerpt from Termination Order 1881712-DDrt-1016:

“..Due to our continued inability to prevent SCP-1016 from accessing the internet, its extremely destructive and poorly-controlled rage states, and multiple containment breaches via unauthorized server access, it has been determined that SCP-1016, in its current state, is too much of a security risk. Measures MK118 and A-517 are to be taken immediately, to reduce…”


Surveillance Log x8B11███, Date █-██-███

(Dr. Gears and SCP-1016 enter testing area 8-B)

SCP-1016: “Holy crap…that’s a big friggin’ server! What’s with all the tools…want me to take it apart for ya? Or maybe I get to upgrade again!” (Several seconds of laughter)

Dr. Gears: “No, however you will be interacting with this system today. There is a file sequence inside this system that has become deeply encrypted. Please decrypt and access it.”

SCP-1016: “Sweet! Hey doc, can you get me some vitamins? I’m hungry as hell…this shouldn’t take long at all, I’ll be done by the time you’re back!”

Dr. Gears: “I am required to remain present for the entirety of the testing period.”

SCP-1016: “Okay, fine… whatever, man” (mumbles several inaudible words, before closing eyes and ‘interfacing” with the provided server.

(Eight minutes pass without incident, apart from small grunts or laughter from SCP-1016)

SCP-1016: “Phew, that thing was buried! Still, nothing…I…what is…WWWWWHAAA(inarticulate noises)

(SCP-1016 begins to thrash on the floor, holding its skull and bashing its forehead several times into the ground. Several fluids begin to leak from the body of SCP-1016, later identified as oil, coolant, and silicone)

Dr. Gears: “Initial contact made. Initiating second stage decommissioning.”

(Dr. Gears removes several screwdrivers and a large set of pliers from a tool case. SCP-1016 appears to be slowing down.)


Excerpt from Termination Order 1881712-DDrt-1016:

“…While the full destruction of SCP-1016 is warranted, the individual components have a level of research value that precludes this action. Memetic Kill Agent 11010 will be issued directly to the processing centers of SCP-1016, “burning out” the areas controlling personality, will, and other psychological traits. This will revert SCP-1016 to a “component parts” state, thereby allowing the initiation of the second stage of decommissioning.

Stage two will involve the physical break down of SCP-1016. Non-essential biological components are to be disposed of, with essential biological components fitted with nutrient bath capsules to sustain operations. The bulk of the components…”


Post-Incident psychological evaluation transcript excerpt:

Dr. Glass: "Alright, let's see here… so, you doing okay Gears? Everything okay up there?"

Dr. Gears: "I assure you, my mental state is in no way impaired."

Dr. Glass: "So, I heard you decommissioned Ben."

Dr. Gears: "This is correct. That is in fact, the reason for this evaluation. I expect you were aware of this."

Dr. Glass: "Uh .. yeah. So, listen, how are you feeling about that? No .. guilt, or regret, or angst of any sort?"

Dr. Gears: "No sir. I was asked to perform my duty in as timely and efficient manner as possible. I did so. I do not see the reason for possible mental or emotional degradation.”

Dr. Glass: "Well, you just cooked the brains of a partially living being until they leaked out of his head."

Dr. Gears: "I still fail to see…"

Dr. Glass: "You tore out …"

Dr. Gears: "… the possible cause of …"

Dr. Glass: "His heart, with a screwdriver, while it was still beating…"

Dr. Gears: (Silence)

Dr. Glass: (Silence)

Dr. Gears: "SCP-1016 needed to be decommissioned. I did so. The physical configuration of SCP-1016 makes no difference."

Dr. Glass. "Right, well, how does this make you feel?" [Holds up a flash card of a cartoon kitten about to be run over by a truck]

Dr. Gears: "I don't understand. It appears imminent that the kitten is -"

Dr. Glass: "Yeah, okay, the usual."

Dr. Gears: "Are we done here then?"

Dr. Glass: "Yessir. I'll just keep you under 'axiomatic preoccupations with duty, and complete lack of empathy' as always. Good eve, Gears."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License