GRU-P casefile "SQUID ISPOLIN"

GRU Division "P" Hub » GRU-P casefile "SQUID ISPOLIN"
Canon Hub » War On All Fronts - Hub » GRU-P casefile "SQUID ISPOLIN"

rating: +79+x

OSI "SQUID ISPOLIN" DIVISION "P" DEPARTMENT III
APPROVED 24.XII.1990 PRINTOUT NR: 1
SIGNED .................. S
DEPARTMENT HEAD III-P-9-GRU D.NR: 7-I-1991
RESPONSIBLE PERSONNEL: Stanislav Nikolaev к.б.н.
DETAIL: OSI "SQUID ISPOLIN" is the designation of a large paranatural entity which attacked the politically neutral state of "Hy-Brasil" on June 13th, 1988. During the attack, the entity was killed by the Global Occult Coalition but displayed several key characteristics, including:

  • Extreme regeneration, quicker and more efficient than almost any previously observed. It is believed that this regeneration is a previously unobserved form of perfect regeneration, without downside.
    • Notably,"SQUID ISPOLIN" was only terminated with a nuclear device.
  • Apparent ability to detect the aether, which was evidently used by the entity in order to hunt. This form of aether is apparently present in all life, but also present in greater volumes concerning the usage of magic.
  • "SQUID ISPOLIN" was evidently able to absorb this aether and then discharge it in the form of a fire, like that of a dragon of myth.

Earlier this December, agents of the Psychotronics Division interrupted a transport from the capitalist business entity "Marshall, Carter and Dark," which has had a long-standing ban from the Soviet Union. All product being transported was seized.

One of the products taken was a collection of twenty eggs, which apparently had been collected from "SQUID ISPOLIN". Recovered documentation suggests that these eggs may be asexually hatched into new instances of "SQUID ISPOLIN".

Most notably, if an entity similar to "SQUID ISPOLIN" were to attack an American city, their only recourse for defending themselves would be to use a nuclear device upon themselves. If the Americans were forced to deploy a nuclear weapon against themselves, it would be truly devastating for morale, and would not be easily traced back to the Soviet Union.

Proposed uses:
(i) Aether Detection - APPROVED - By isolating the organ of the entities that allows for their detection of aether, we can create instruments that allow for such detection, which will be a vital asset for field agents.
(ii) Medical Regeneration - REJECTED - Extreme regenerative capabilities could potentially be harvested, allowing for rapid limb regeneration and healing. Potential concern over the nature of this healing.
(iii) Military Usage (Fire Breath) - REJECTED - Examining the function of the fire breath would potentially allow for more practical versions of flamethrowers. Cost of such research would be prohibitive.
(iv) Military Usage (Large Scale) - APPROVED - By releasing a similar entity to "SQUID ISPOLIN" in the waters near an American city, we can cause extreme devastation without a clear connection to ourselves.

OSI "SQUID ISPOLIN" ADD.14.VIII.1991 DIVISION "P" DEPARTMENT III
APPROVED 20.VIII.1991 PRINTOUT NR: 1
SIGNED .................. S
DEPARTMENT HEAD III-P-9-GRU D.NR: 23-VIII-1991
ATTACHED TO DOCUMENT 24-XII-1990
RESPONSIBLE PERSONNEL: Stanislav Nikolaev к.б.н.
DETAIL: I have hatched two eggs and allowed them to grow for one month, at which point they were approximately one meter in length. It appears that the rapid growth seen in the instances killed by Marshall, Carter and Dark is only a result of Sarkic magic.

The two instances were hostile to each other and attempted to kill each other before we separated them. The instances displayed a limited ability to tell the location of the other, even after being separated for an extended period of time.

I was able to train one of the hatchlings to follow simple commands. Since deploying one against a United States city will likely be more based on luring one in that direction, I feel this will be sufficient for that goal.

I was able to kill the other hatchling by injecting it with a large amount of cyanide. All other methods of termination attempted - including incineration, exsanguination, and physical trauma - were unsuccessful. Perfect to drop on an American city.

The trained "SQUID ISPOLIN" hatchling has been placed under cryogenic storage. This was the first instance of successful cryogenic storage, likely aided by the regenerative properties of the creature. Further research into cryogenics using "SQUID ISPOLIN" as a test subject are possible.

The hatching of more "SQUID ISPOLIN" eggs will proceed as planned. Currently, another six instances have been scheduled for hatching and potential training.

Additionally, I have isolated the aether detection organ of the "SQUID ISPOLIN" instances. As the hatchlings regrew any removed organs, there currently are eight copies. The organ appears to be highly sensitive and further testing is required so it can be used in tactical usage.

NOTICE OF PROJECT CANCELLATION DIVISION "P" DEPARTMENT I
05.I.1992 D.NR:05-I-1992
ATTACHED TO DOCUMENT 24-XII-1992
SENDER: Sergey Dragonov
RECIPIENT: Stanislav Nikolaev к.б.н.
DETAIL: Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Main Intelligence Directorate is being downsized. Many projects are being shelved, as prior aims of war against the United States of America are no longer the direction of the Russian Federation. Additionally, funding towards the Psychotronics Division is being cut, and we can no longer afford to support everything we did in the past.

OSI "SQUID ISPOLIN" has been selected for cancellation as the Psychotronics Division undergoes this period of readjustment of critical goals. It has been decided that this project does not conform to the new goals of the Russian Federation, and must be cut.

For this specific project, we ask that you:

  • Terminate all cryogenically preserved hatchlings via cyanide injection, and cremate all such remains.
  • Terminate all remaining eggs via the same process of cyanide injection, and cremate all such remains.
  • Place all isolated organs allowing for aether detection under cryogenic storage.

We thank you for your cooperation during this time of readjustment and restructuring.

PROJECT UPDATE DIVISION "P" DEPARTMENT I
08.I.1992 D.NR:08-I-1992
ATTACHED TO DOCUMENT 24-XII-1992
SENDER: Stanislav Nikolaev к.б.н.
RECIPIENT: Sergey Dragonoff
DETAIL: I have liquidated all of the assets of the "SQUID ISPOLIN" project, as ordered. The seven remaining hatchlings were successfully terminated with cyanide injection, and the twelve remaining eggs were as well. All were cremated without incident.

The aether detection organs - of which we had thirteen remaining copies - were all placed within cryogenic storage.

As a note - I have not yet received a new assignment or project, following this one. Typically, when a project is shelved we receive our new task shortly after the order is initially given. I was wondering if this was a mistake?

PERSONNEL NOTICE DIVISION "P" DEPARTMENT I
09.I.1992 D.NR:08-I-1992
ATTACHED TO DOCUMENT 24-XII-1992
SENDER: Sergey Dragonoff
RECIPIENT: Stanislav Nikolaev к.б.н.
DETAIL: Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Main Intelligence Directorate is being downsized. Many projects are being shelved, as prior aims of war against the United States of America are no longer the direction of the Russian Federation. Additionally, funding towards the Psychotronics Division is being cut, and we can no longer afford to support everything we did in the past.

It is for these reasons that we must terminate your employment with the Psychotronics Division. While we valued your [INSERT NUMBER] years of service with the Psychotronics Division, we no longer have the resources to continue operating at previous levels of activity, and must regrettably end your employment.

On January 16th, you will receive a standard amnestic and hypnosis regimen to remove all memory of service with the Psychotronics Division. You will receive new memories of service within a different Division of the Main Intelligence Directorate.

We thank you for your cooperation during this time of readjustment and restructuring.

From: Doctor Nikolaev, Prometheus Bioengineering Department
To: Director Allen, Prometheus Bioengineering Department Head
Subject: New Project


To Director Allen,

Once again, I must thank you for the opportunity of working at Prometheus Labs. The West is as grand as I had hoped it would be, and the facilities here are so much better funded than what I am used to. Even just the thought of having thirty years of memories stolen from me is unbearable, and being notified of such over a badly personalized form letter was insulting.

You expressed interest in the last project I was working on with Psychotronics, which had been thrown into the trash when the Soviet Union was.

Attached to this email are my research notes from that, concerning the Crocoteuthis gigantis specimen (as you call it). I had been working on producing new offspring from the eggs for research purposes.

My superiors in the Main Intelligence Directorate had been most interested with the idea of weaponizing them, but I feel that there is another, more promising usage. According to the documentation Prometheus has on "Elan Vital Energy" (which I had referred to as aether), you previously had not found a natural means of detected EVE.

However, the organs of the C. gigantis were able to respond to EVE and detect such patterns from extremely far distances - the C. gigantis detected the fall of Hy-Brasil from many kilometers away. That's more accurate than any EVE detectors you have in use.

These organs could be modified to be integrated within a biological simulacrum, which would give them an additional sense with valuable field experience.

I'm very interested in being able to work on this project again - it had shown great potential in the past, and I would hate for that to go to waste.

From,
Doctor Stanislav Nikolaev, к.б.н.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License