The SIMULACRUM Project


rating: +106+x

>> connect SIMULACRUM.MAIN -p -n 50021



> Command received. Please wait as the necessary authentication protocols are completed.

> …

> …

> New user has been successfully verified.

> Retrieving the necessary content from available SIMULACRUM databases…

> Generating automated document…





simlogo3.webp

The SIMULACRUM Project emblem.


Welcome to the SIMULACRUM Project.

Regardless of your clearance, status, appearance, and/or previous history, we would like to extend our appreciation and thank you for your attendance — willingly or not.

Our world is continuously expanding and evolving; however, our organization remains stagnant. The intake of hundreds, if not thousands of anomalies has exhausted Foundation resources and manpower for decades. Again and again we attempt to circumvent the inevitable, but still fall short every time. With no clear solution in mind, the Foundation has simply turned its head and remained as a reactionary force — pretending that its overwhelming size and authority could simply tough through until the end.

But those methods are no longer effective.

Now, it is our turn to evolve, using every resource at our disposal. The SIMULACRUM Project is dedicated to three core objectives: efficiency, control, and expansion. As of now, we are responsible for [13,650,045] users, spread across [362,458] environments currently hosted by the SIMULACRUM infrastructure.

By the end of 2100 this number is projected to reach well into the billions, encompassing most — if not, all — of the human population.

But there is still much work ahead of us before we can ever achieve that goal. Cyberspace has plenty of unique and dangerous wonders that we have yet to unravel. Many obstacles still stand in our path before the SIMULACRUM Project can be completed. Luckily, however, we have dedicated people like you. Those who are willing to fight through the tough battles and ensure that our vision can be seen to its absolute conclusion.

We are ecstatic to have you with us, and expect many great things — do not let us down.





> Compiling all available documents related to SIMULACRUM. One moment…


TATTLETALE - [ENTRY REMOVED FROM DATABASE]

by JakdragonXJakdragonX, for the NIGHTMAREFEST (Unofficial)

You are aware and accept that your termination will be excruciatingly painful.

SCP-6864 - Belwood Staffing

by JakdragonXJakdragonX

Belwood Staffing would like to graciously offer you a position as a FULL-TIME employee, effective immediately!

SCP-7766 - New World Order

by JakdragonXJakdragonX, for the SCP-7000 Contest

You are here because there is a traitor within our ranks.

SCP-6872 - A Way Out

by RallistonRalliston and FishishFishish

Following its proper activation, SCP-6872 allows for the simultaneous transmission of a concept, memeplex, or thaumaturgic spell to every member of the Homo sapiens species.

SCP-7311 - Insecure Facility Dossier

by RounderhouseRounderhouse, for the ColdpostCon

> SCP-7311: yayyy *glomps you*

SCP-7313 - Simulated

by JakdragonXJakdragonX, for the ColdpostCon

SCP-7313 is an underground chamber located underneath the basement of an abandoned data center in Seattle, Washington, USA.

SCP-4523 - Absolute Efficiency

by JakdragonXJakdragonX

Workload has been increased.

SCP-7209 - BRAND NEW JOB.

by ThatGuyThatTimeThatGuyThatTime, for the GoblinCon

You and a select group of personnel have been selected by the O5 Council for transfer to a new Foundation facility, dedicated to the containment of a highly classified anomaly as part of "PROJECT ROYALE".

SCP-7749 - Nine Trillion Too Many

by RhineriverRhineriver, for the GoblinCon

And you better fix the simulation soon or people are going to notice. We can't have a whole site acting like it's running on a microwave.

SCP-7335 - SIMULACRUM: REDO

by LORDXVNVLORDXVNV, for the 2022 SCP Holiday Art Exchange

That is the nature of our existence. It is the purpose of our servitude to our masters.

SCP-7346 - To You, 2,000 Years From Now

by JakdragonXJakdragonX and AftokratorAftokrator, for the RemixCon2023

Initiating JERICHO-AIC-CP2K-v1.136 from memory.

The Holiday Special

by RallistonRalliston

"Problem is, I'm used to working with reality-simulating megaservers, not… Soviet technological singularities, man."

The Beasts Prey

by JakdragonXJakdragonX

Your instincts drag you towards the infinite, much like a moth driven blindy to a flame.

Continuous Integration

by aismallardaismallard, for the 2023 SCP Holiday Art Exchange

"You can't just rerun it until it passes. This isn't a web server, this is core infrastructure that powers the life and livelihood of two billion humans."




> End of available documentation.

> Accessing archives for further data related to SIMULACRUM

> …

> …

> Data found! Displaying available content…






Hello again! Welcome to SIMULACRUM, a universe/project created by JakdragonXJakdragonX. It's great that you're here! I'm sure you have several questions about both what this universe looks like and how it functions, so let's go through the basics.

SIMULACRUM, at its very core, is an expansive, interconnected network of Foundation-operated simulations hosted through advanced paranormal technologies and complex network infrastructure. Said simulations can take a variety of different forms: whether acting as replicas of our physical world, a fantasy realm with alternate laws of physics, or even another canon. The technology necessary to host SIMULACRUM is predominantly centralized to Site-119, however that doesn't mean other Sites aren't capable of connecting and utilizing it.

SIMULACRUM has three fundamental goals to the Foundation once it's fully complete:

  1. Providing them with the ability to maintain the Veil by migrating humanity into a "non-anomalous" simulated world(s), once SIMULACRUM is fully complete.
  2. Granting full control of reality as it's perceived within their simulations, either to mitigate anomalies or to alter humanity's perception in case of emergency.
  3. Establish and create new sandboxes that can be used to either contain new anomalies, develop and create anomalies, or safely isolate themselves for other purposes, such as training new Foundation personnel.

While these are certainly not the only things that SIMULACRUM encompasses, they are core to its overall themes of control, isolation, and expansion.



rating: +106+x
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License