SCP-ES-122
rating: +28+x

Item #: SCP-ES-122 Level 3/ES-122
Object Class: Safe Classified

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-ES-122 is to be be stored on the local server of the Site-313 Technology Research Section. No other copy of SCP-ES-122 is currently known.

Requests for testing with SCP-ES-122 must be handled by the Site-313 Technology Research Section administration. Any testing with SCP-ES-122-A shall be conducted by a programmer familiar with SCP-ES-122-A (approximately 6+ months of experience with ES-122).


Description:

SCP-ES-122 is an anomalous multi-purpose software only executable on computers with operating systems derived from GNU/Linux. SCP-ES-122 instances comprise a single executable file called greengrocer.exe1. Although GNU/Linux-derived distributions are not capable of executing files with the .exe extension, opening the program will start an installer that will take the user through a series of steps to install the software. The following text was extracted from the "Terms and Conditions" of SCP-ES-122:

When SCP-ES-122 is installed, it runs under the name "greatGreenishGreenery v1.0.1". SCP-ES-122 has a variety of options that can only be used when a male-male USB cable is connected to the executing device. While SCP-ES-122 is running, the USB cable must be inserted into any plant (which invariably will end up being pierced by the connector).2

Once a plant is connected via the USB cable, different types of data will be transferred to the device used. Depending on the size of the plant, the amount of data varies with a recorded maximum of about 8 terabytes3. Through its options, SCP-ES-122 is able to analyze the genetic traits, history, symbology, among other characteristics of the connected plant.

SCP-ES-122 has a programming language called SCP-ES-122-A, denoted by the software itself as Lotto4. SCP-ES-122-A is dynamic typing5 and object-oriented6. Unlike other standard programming languages, SCP-ES-122-A uses words and abbreviations derived from Spanish7 as keywords8, which allude to the general purpose of SCP-ES-122. Although SCP-ES-122-A works with extremely complex data, it is designed to extract the data in such a way that the complete structure of the plants is represented without using genetic sequences, or represent each cell as a single component.

Each connected plant will register in the device used as a series of folders with subfiles and source code written in SCP-ES-122-A9. The modification of these files will have a direct impact on the plant, changing its biochemistry, anatomy, etc. Errors in the source code will invariably result in a rapid decrease in the Hume level of the plant from the error margin to completely cover it, leading to its subsequent disintegration if the source code is not debugged.


Addendum 01: SCP-ES-122 Testing Log

The following log is a summary of experiments performed with SCP-ES-122-A. For more information, personnel may see the extended SCP-ES-122 Testing Log.


Item History:

SCP-ES-122 was recovered from a raid at a meeting center of Holy Church of the Vine11, in ██████, Chile. A total of 49 followers were captured; 5 died in the process. During the assault, 4 instances of modified local trees were eliminated. The instances possessed mobility through their roots and used their branches as arms. During their analysis, a nervous system similar to the human and tissues in their branches were found that allowed them to perceive the heat of the environment. Among the confiscated devices, the following conversation was recovered between the Stolon12 Alberto Peceros, and a subject identified as PoI-12077 ("Maximus").

Below is an excerpt from the conversation13:

8 days later, Alberto Peceros received the following email, along with SCP-ES-122 attached, from the previous subject:

After two days, Alberto Peceros sent a reply:

"Maximus" responded a few hours later, along with a new version of SCP-ES-122:


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License