SCP-CN-666
rating: +25+x

Item #: SCP-CN-666

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: To ensure Agent Cheng continually follows his dietary rules, security personnel are specifically arranged to accompany him while dining in the second floor women's D-Class Camping Area toilet in Site-CN-23, and his diet is restricted to unprocessed fresh broccoli(Brassica oleracea var. italica). During his meal, special medical staff members are to provide intravenous nutrition injection and necessary healthcare. Since Agent Cheng has refused to cooperate and recently began to show depressive symptoms, his daily behavior is to be placed under intensive monitoring, and if necessary, enforcement measures. Any attempts by Agent Cheng to steal food or commit suicide should be strictly prevented.

As the women's D-class Camping Area toilet must maintain its function as a toilet, usage is allowed for female crews participating in the SCP-CN-666 project, especially during Agent Cheng's dining time. Non-Foundation personnel and D-Class personnel should not know the existence of Agent Cheng, and Agent Cheng's family has accepted amnestic and retirement welfare.

No known cure has been found for the anomalous effects of SCP-CN-666, as all attempts to administer potential cures have resulted in limited effects. Amnestics are able to move affected personnel's attention away from said event, but administration is unable to generate persistent immunity and is totally ineffective when used on Agent Cheng himself.

Members of the SCP-CN-666 project should spare no effort in investigating the cause of Asha's Foot's sudden worldwide disappearance. Artificially synthesizing a substitute for Asha's Foot was once considered, but was cancelled due to cost issues.

Description: SCP-CN-666 is the anomalous situation centered on former level-2 Field Agent ████ Cheng of the Foundation's Chinese Branch. SCP-CN-666 manifests as an abnormal psychology that is both cognitohazardous and infohazardous, causing affected subjects, including Agent Cheng, to attempt to cause Agent Cheng break his due dietary rules. Abnormal behaviors include attempts to allow Agent Cheng to consume foods other than broccoli or Asha's Foot, or dine in locations other than the second floor women's D-Class Camping Area toilet in Site-CN-23. Affected subjects do not consider such behavior ethically questionable.

Agent Cheng bears no physical anomalies. The anomaly stems from Agent Cheng's psychological rejection of his dietary restrictions. Agent Cheng is well-behaved and no other anomalies have manifested due to his ethics and morality besides Agent Cheng's anomalous desire to break his diet and dine in restricted areas, despite the fact that such behavior violates traditional Chinese morals and ethics. When informed that these rules contradict his long-held views, Agent Cheng expressed confusion and an inability to comprehend the given statement.

SCP-CN-666 exposure occurs when any non-Foundation subject acknowledges information about Agent Cheng and his dietary restrictions. Affected subjects similarly reject the dietary restrictions, despite subjects' actions being contrary to commonly held Chinese morality. Such infection is considered infohazardous due to the anomaly's requiring the subject to gain certain knowledge about Agent Cheng. Subjects witnessing Agent Cheng dining in the toilet, being informed of the meaning of Asha's Foot, or knowing Agent Cheng's name and position in the Foundation1 could cause infection. Affected subjects will consider Agent Cheng's dietary rules inhuman and cruel, expressing negative responses similar to those towards human rights violations. After infection, subjects are unable to be convinced that Agent Cheng's dietary restrictions are anything but illogical.

Notably, subjects previously employed by the Foundation before the anomaly manifested are immune to infection. The mechanism of such immunity is unknown. One theory as to the origin of the anomaly itself holds that the anomaly was intentionally produced by a hostile group.

An anomalous situation deemed to be connected to SCP-CN-666 is the worldwide disappearance of Asha's Foot. Investigation shows that, other than the memories preserved by Foundation staff, Asha's Foot has no entries, records, or memories kept on earth. Affected persons also show abnormal difficulty in comprehending the concept of Asha's Foot. If an affected subject is given information related to Asha's Foot, subjects fail to comprehend Asha's Foot. Evidence of reality tampering or failure is inconclusive, and the information deletion's relation with SCP-CN-666 is unknown.

With the disappearance of Asha's Foot, the only food which fulfills Agent Cheng's dietary restrictions is unprocessed broccoli. The nutrient deficiencies inherent in such a diet present risks of nutritional imbalance and dehydration. With Ethics Committee approval, nourishment not contained in broccoli is provided by intravenous nutrition injection during Agent Cheng's meal.

Although Cheng has been proved to be the nexus of both anomalous situations, no evidence shows that he is the source of either anomaly. Despite the sensitivity of the situation, the Ethics Committee decided that Agent Cheng was not to be designated an anomaly yet, but as a subject of SCP-CN-666's anomalous effects. Agent Cheng's level-2 field agent position was suspended but reserved, and Agent Cheng was cataloged as E-Class personnel.

History: The recorded anomalous behavior of Agent Cheng began on Oct. ██, 2012. Around 6:00 a.m., Agent Cheng's colleagues discovered him consuming Guangdong steamed rice rolls in the site cafeteria. Agent Cheng expressed confusion to his shocked colleagues, refusing to cooperate when being forced to stop.

Security personnel restrained Agent Cheng and sent him to quarantine for investigation. Due to the situation's anomalous nature, the on-site Ethics Committee representative allowed Agent Cheng to temperately dine outside the second floor women's toilet until it was cleared whether anomalous causes exist. After thorough investigation, the anomaly was determined to originate from Agent Cheng's mental issues. The Field Agent Headquarters of CN-██ arranged for Agent Cheng a forced psychotherapy regimen after confirming the anomaly.

After Agent Cheng's quarantine was lifted, security personnel accompanied Agent Cheng to the women's D-Class Camping Area toilet for dinner. D-Class personnel present expressed confusion and anger, claiming that they could not understand the actions of security personnel or the necessity of Agent Cheng's dining requirements. The possibility of the anomaly's cognitohazardous/memetic nature was discovered, as site staff took related counter-measure immediately. Staff then launched interrogations and investigations of involved D-Class personnel. After Agent Cheng's anomalous nature was confirmed, Agent Cheng was given an SCP designation.

Addendum: Interview log taken after Agent Cheng's designation as anomalous.

The following interview was conducted after Agent Cheng had been designated an anomaly, with the purpose of discovering the psychological cause of the anomaly.

Interviewed: Agent ████ Cheng, formally a level-2 Field Agent of the Foundation's Chinese Branch
Interviewer: Dr. Hong, Site-CN-23 psychologist

[Begin Log]
Dr. Hong: Greetings, Agent Cheng. I am here to inquire about your incident this morning. Why did you come up with the idea of eating steamed rice rolls in the cafeteria?

Agent Cheng: You are all mad. Please, Hong, I beg you to inform the Foundation or See No Evil or any anti-memetic or psychology department, ask them to send people immediately! I beg you, this is not a joke!

Dr. Hong: Calm down. A victim of mind alternations can not always recognize their own problem, and most psychiatric patients don't consider themselves mad. However, as a Foundation Agent, you should at least show the professionalism required when facing anomalies, so calm down, will you?

Agent Cheng: I…Alright. Alright. I will calm down.

Dr. Hong: Good. Now we continue with the question I just asked..

Agent Cheng: [Interrupting] Dr.Hong, could you please help me figure out this situation? At least help me understand why I'm mad. Now I don't even know the reason you stopped me from eating.

Dr. Hong: Don't you feel anything? You dined outside the D-Class female toilet, not eating broccoli, nor Asha's Foot. Don't you feel anything wrong about this?

Agent Cheng: Whatever Asha's Foot is, what problem should I feel exactly?

Dr. Hong is silent for approximately a second.

Dr. Hong: You said you do not know Asha's Foot?

Agent Cheng: I…No, I don't. Perhaps I'm mad.

Dr. Hong: Okay. Let me put it in this way. Do you consider dining outside the women's toilet an immoral behavior? Answer yes or no first.

Agent Cheng: No. I do not think there is any immorality.

Dr. Hong: Okay. Then, do you desire consuming any food other than broccoli or Asha's Foot?

Agent Cheng: I do. I do not like broccoli; I don't even know what Asha's Foot is. Steamed rice rolls are not the only thing I like.

Dr. Hong: When you are consuming these…other foods, do you feel any moral guilt? Or disgust?

Agent Cheng: No.

Dr. Hong: If I tell you that you must eat broccoli and Asha's Foot in the women's toilet, would you accept?

Agent Cheng: If you insist, I do. As long as it is not some monster meat that kills people, I can even accept human flesh.

Dr. Hong: And do you consider yourself morally obligated to do so?

Agent Cheng: I don't.

Dr. Hong and Agent Cheng are silent for a short time.

Dr. Hong: Agent Cheng, if someone raped and killed an innocent girl without any justification, how would you comment on such an action?

Agent Cheng: That the perpetrator is frenzied and heartless.

Dr. Hong: If the Foundation did not have absolutely necessary reasons, would you support Procedure Montauk?

Agent Cheng: I would be in resolute opposition.

Dr. Hong: Then why would you consider violating your dietary restrictions acceptable? Can't you see these behaviors are ethically equivalent?

Agent Cheng: …Hong, what do you think?

Dr. Hong: I think there is a serious disorder in your ethics. You have no idea what kind of evil deed it is to violate these rules.

Agent Cheng: And what about you? You eat broccoli every day? In the women's toilet?

Dr. Hong: No. You are the one and only subject to these rules, Agent Cheng. Only you among all humans must obey these rules. It is normal. Not every moral obligation applies to everyone.

Agent Cheng: And who enacted such rules for me? Our dear O5 council?

Dr. Hong: No, Agent Cheng. Similar to "do not kill people", such rules are the basic principles known to all individuals. No one in specific enacted them, but if you must ask, I'll say the whole of society did.

Agent Cheng: So the whole of society agreed on a moral principle aimed only at me? How could a moral principle be so specific? Where is your anti-cognito training now?! Can't you see such an obvious problem?

Dr. Hong: Please calm down, Agent…

Agent Cheng: Dr.Hong, you asked me to show proper discretion as an agent, and here I ask you to show the same discretion as a psychologist. You have seen more mental disorders than I have, and you truly think "do not kill people" and "Agent Cheng must eat in female toilet" are equivalent? You don't even have a vague sense of what's wrong…

Dr. Hong interrupts Agent Cheng.

Dr.Hong: No, absolutely not. Agent Cheng, I think that's all for today. Do not be worried, for whatever deeds you may… commit now, it is not your fault.

Agent Cheng: Allow me one last question. At least enlighten me as to what Asha's Foot is. Just imagine I'm suffering memory loss and you are helping me recover.

Dr.Hong: Asha's Foot is the finite dance that casts to the world's infinite realm, walking together with an unbroken me in eighty-six million four hundred and fifty thousand worlds, sending forth the smell of rosy frankincense that belonged to a moonlighted former library2, heard and one knows the gospel of four-leg doomsday fish3. O holy great maiden's mother's granny praises the baptism of spider's kiss, that it provides thee, ████ Cheng, all nourishment especially water that is not contained in broccoli. Do you remember now?

Agent Cheng sighs.

Agent Cheng: I don't. I'm insane. Totally insane.
[Eng Log]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License