SCP-CN-2823
normandy-1047679_1280.jpg

SCP-CN-2823
Completed on August 3, 2022

Item #: SCP-CN-2823

Object Class: Safe Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: The object is to remain in its original location.

Description: SCP-CN-2823 is a gray building situated on a coast, structurally similar to a lighthouse and constructed from granite bricks fired in the late fifteenth century. Each brick is inscribed with two four-digit numbers, some of which are illegible due to erosion caused by rain. The structure consists of 29,182 bricks and is hollow, with only one spiral staircase leading to the top of the lighthouse consisting of 1,821 steps. Its interior and exterior are free of modern technological modifications, with no electrical installations or traces of human life.

No light fixtures are present in the lighthouse's lantern room.

Despite natural phenomena such as tsunamis, earthquakes and heavy rainfall occurring around the coast where the object is located, it remains in good condition and free of standing water and weeds. However, the government of the country in which it is located has no detailed records of the building, and thus it is suspected to be a privately constructed illegal structure. During the supervision period, no human access to the object has been found. The interior remains intact with no growth of internal plants. The external bricks remain intact with no obvious cracks.

The object's anomalous properties manifest at 19:00 local time with the appearance of light at the top, shining in all directions for a distance of approximately 4 kilometers. During this period, no substantial source of illumination can be observed at the top of the object, regardless of the angle of observation. This does not exclude the possibility of potential cognitohazards.

The anomaly continues until 05:00 the next day, when the light slowly fades in intensity.

Update: At 23:02 on August 3, 2022, the illumination suddenly ceased. The object no longer manifests its anomalous properties. A large kerosene lamp manifested at the top of the tower with a viscous, yellow liquid residue which was determined to contain a large amount of DNA from different human individuals. Two strings of numbers, "1532" and "2022", were also found to be engraved on the base of the kerosene lamp.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License