SCP-999-EX

rating: +64+x

By Marcelles Diablo Raynes

Item #: SCP-999-EX

Object Class: Euclid Explained

Archived Special Containment Procedures: SCP-999-EX is to be contained in a standard anomalous canine containment cell. Interaction with SCP-999-EX is encouraged, but not necessary, to facilitate its sense of comfort. Should SCP-999-EX vocalize distress, it is to be reminded of its remarkable behavior and a reasonable amount of physical encouragement (i.e. petting, rubbing the anomaly's abdominal region, scratching behind its ears etc.) is to be administered by approved Foundation veterinarians.

CONTAINMENT PROCEDURE UPDATE: SCP-999-EX has been released to its original owner.

Description:

dog

SCP-999-EX moments before release.

SCP-999-EX is a golden retriever physically indistinguishable from non-anomalous members of its species. SCP-999-EX has demonstrated the capacity for limited human speech, although it is either incapable or unwilling to vocalize its thoughts outside of ideal circumstances (Defined below).

Prior to -EX classification, SCP-999-EX made several continuous complaints to containment staff at Site-83. Site Director Alaina Chin proposed appealing to some of these requests to the Ethics Committee, citing that allotting the anomaly some leeway would establish enough trust in Foundation staff for SCP-999-EX to be thoroughly interrogated.

The following is a comprehensive list of requests made by the anomaly during its containment.

REQUEST REASONING STATUS
An automatic tennis ball thrower Exercise APPROVED
A highly durable chew toy Dental Care APPROVED
An MSI GF65 Thin laptop "Dog Stuff" DENIED
10lbs of crisp bacon Sustenance APPROVED
A Fortnite themed Playstation 5 Slim Enrichment DENIED
A copy of the movie Air Bud Education APPROVED
13lbs of Wagyu Beef Sustenance APPROVED
A spa retreat Relaxation DENIED1
"Belly rubs" Relaxation APPROVED
A Lockheed SR-71 blackbird "with all the fixins" "Dog stuff" DENIED

Re-classification: Three days following SCP-999-EX's containment, Foundation veterinarians elected to experiment on several stray and owned canines without Overseer approval. They brought a total of 19 canines to Site-83, all of whom were treated with the same containment protocols as SCP-999-EX. All of the canines expressed similar desires to Foundation staff as SCP-999-EX and were released when it was discovered that every canine was capable of speech but simply chose not to for an unknown reason.

Once this discovery was made, SCP-999-EX thanked Foundation staff for their exemplary treatment and requested to remain at Site-83. This request was denied.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License