SCP-803
rating: +93+x

Item #: SCP-803

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: All ██ instances of SCP-803 are to be contained in seperate biohazard containment cells at Site-██. The specimens are to be fitted with radio transmitters set to secure channels. One D-class subject is to be provided for experimentation in the event of extreme hostility from SCP-803 instances.

Description: SCP-803-1 is a currently undetermined number of autonomous machines, resembling small umbrellas, averaging 170 centimetres in width and 150 centimetres in height. An average specimen is almost indistinguishable from a normal umbrella. There are no identifying marks or labels on instances of SCP-803-1. When unfolded, a large amount of medical equipment is visible on the underside of SCP-803-1's canopy. These include vials of varying liquids and gases, plastic tubing, syringes, scalpels, various motors and joints, [DATA EXPUNGED]. All specimens possess the ability to retract, disguise or otherwise hide this equipment, making identification of SCP-803-1 in the field difficult. All attempts to disassemble or deactivate instances of SCP-803 are forbidden by order of Dr. ██████ (see addendum 803-01).

SCP-803-2 resemble SCP-803-1 in almost all respects, except for a greatly increased wingspan of 5 metres and a central power system apparently fueled by [REDACTED]. SCP-803-2 serve as carriers for swarms of SCP-803-1 on rows of metal hooks that replace the medical equipment found in instances of SCP-803-1.

The primary function of SCP-803 instances appears to be the capture, experimentation, and occasionally dissection vivisection of medium to large mammals using the aforesaid apparatus. Specimens of SCP-803-2 hunt by either waiting in a large, open area or by tumbling through the air using natural updrafts and bursts of compressed air emitted from the tips of their canopy. Upon encountering a viable target, the instance will release its flock of SCP-803-1, who will proceed to inject a muscle relaxant into the subject and then experiment upon it. ██% of subjects survive these procedures, which may involve removal and/or transplantation of organs, blood, urine and cerebrospinal fluid sampling, monitoring of [DATA EXPUNGED], and may last up to ███ minutes. Surviving subjects report being fully conscious during the experiments, as well as intense pain and feelings of panic.

Flocks of SCP-803 comprise an average of ██ (██████) individuals, and have been sighted in the following locations:
███ ██ ███████, Brazil.
█████, Japan.
████████, Australia.
[DATA EXPUNGED].

Addendum 803-01: On ██/██/20██, several D-class subjects were ordered by Research Assistant ████████ to dismantle an instance of SCP-803-1 using hammers, saws and wrenches. When the first D-class attempted to remove the handle, the specimen violently ruptured. Two of the three D-class were injured by large, sharp pieces of metal from the instance, inflicting wounds comparable to those caused by crossbow bolts fired at close range. One D-class died instantly due to a metal rod entering his skull. The second D-class initially survived, but later died of viral infections carried on the needles of the specimen. The third D-class quickly [REDACTED] due to unidentified chemicals within SCP-803-1, with only 1.2 kilos of biological material being recovered. Research Assistant ████████ was severely reprimanded.

Addendum 803-02: On ██/█/20██, autopsy of a D-class subject captured by SCP-803-1 instances during the [REDACTED] containment breach discovered a small metallic dodecahedron at the top of the spinal column. The purpose of this object is currently unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License