SCP-7964

rating: +6+x
5/7964 LEVEL 5/7964
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-7964
Euclid

image.png?ex=6536113c&is=65239c3c&hm=2794387da33ba6b1e1f26d191374efcff35e13027decff9beda617ef83f232d2&=&width=993&height=439

You have viewed the Wozny-Grantz Iconographic Verification Agent. You may be hearing trumpets. Be not afraid.


Specified Containment Protocols: SCP-7964 is contained within a standard humanoid containment chamber located within Reliquary Area-27. SCP-7964 is to be monitored for any changes in behavior, with the results immediately forwarded to the Tactical Theology Eschatology Division.

Description: SCP-7964 appears to be a woman of indeterminate ethnicity, approximately 33 years of age. The following abnormalities have been discovered within SCP-7964's biology:

  • A glowing circle of light hovering above SCP-7964's head, cracked in three places;
  • Six wing-like protuberances extending from SCP-7964's back;
  • An ambient body temperature of approximately 50°C;1
  • Bone structure similar to that of avians;2
  • Compete lack of genetic material;
  • What appears to be the Greek letter "ω" tattooed on SCP-7964's forehead;3

Beyond this, SCP-7964 has not shown any signs of aging since its initial containment on ████, following its discovery by Foundation Administrator Joseph Ainsworth during an exploration of Israel.

The personal journals of Administrator Ainsworth indicate that he considered the anomaly to be extremely significant and to be the Biblical archangel Uriel.4 While unconfirmed, DoTT researchers have largely come to agree with the Administrator's theory.

Addendum 7964.01: Update

On 2023-2-1, SCP-7964 became highly agitated and requested a personal copy of the Bible. This request was approved and carried out two hours later. However, on 2023-2-2, SCP-7964 returned the book, repeatedly stating "it doesn't help". When asked to elaborate, SCP-7964 produced the following statement.

Alright, I'll tell the truth. I'm Uriel. You all know it. You all think it. You all have believed it from the second I walked into this facility. The entity at the Gate is a falsehood, meant to deceive. This is my confession on that score. I wish I could answer more of your questions, but I have no answers, only questions.

If you want to understand how horrible this is, you need to know about Angels. You claim to have studied them, to have turned them into yet another classification of entity, but Angels are different. I'm different, or at least I was.

The thing I am isn't natural. I can't exist like that. Something took me away from my perfect syncope and made me into this. Who did this to me? Why? HOW? What sort of thing could deny God's will and turn one of his servants into this?

Angels aren't meant to be tainted by base matter, to have any presence within the natural world. So, why am I like this? Why am I in the flesh, thinking, feeling, having a gender? The odd sensations of blood running beneath my skin feels like a violation. The disgusting feeling of food on my tongue. How do you stand it?

But there is a still worse violation. The one within your own minds. Angels are not meant to think. We aren't meant to be able to make decisions or choices. We are meant to be perfect extensions of God's will. I shouldn't be able to emphasize or question anything. I hate it.

I feel scared and sickened by what I did under God's Authority. The creatures I broke and burned. I can't reassure myself that Heaven had a plan. What I did must have been correct for I was pure, but I don't feel that anymore. I don't have the clarity I used to. I just feel scared. Scared for the Rapture. The end that comes when I desert my Gate. I can hear it coming for us all.

It's coming and I can't stop it. Nothing can stop it. Everything is going to end. I could tell you that everyone's going to Heaven, but it's not true. I have no reassurances for you. I don't even have any for myself. Please don't judge me too harshly, Lord. Please don't judge the world either.

God is meant to be my light, but I see only darkness.

In light of this, extensive preparations for an imminent Eschatological scenario have begun. An array of Wozny-Hellman Worship Sinks has been established around the perimeter of SCP-7964's cell. Foundation priests are to pray for the collective souls of Humanity.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License