SCP-7907
rating: +19+x

by Zenobiyl

warning.png
Item#: 7907
Level3
Containment Class:
neutralized
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
danger

Circus

SCP-7907-1 manifestation near Kissimmee, Florida.


Assigned Site Site Director Assigned Task Force MTF Commander
Area-37 Emery Novens MTF Mu-13 "Ghostbusters" Max Maxwell

Geezer

PoI-3947, Alton Langmeyer

Special Containment Procedures: A three-kilometer area around each SCP-7907 manifestation is to be evacuated for forty-eight hours. Individuals exiting SCP-7907-1 are to be given psychiatric and/or amnestic treatment.

Description: SCP-7907 is a poltergeist, believed to be PoI-3947, that assumes the form of an emaciated male humanoid wearing a Venetian carnival mask. Direct eye contact with the entity has been known to cause severe cognitohazardous harm including personality alteration, memory loss, and psychosis. SCP-7907 can trigger pseudobulbar affect1 through its cognitohazardous speech. A black book entitled "Liber Mortis" (designated SCP-7907-3) is believed to be the source of the entity's cognitohazardous properties.

SCP-7907 will manifest itself and a standard-size carnival tent (designated SCP-7907-1) within the United States approximately once per decade, during an SCP-7907-A event. Manifestations last up to two days, during which time the entity and decomposing bodies puppeteered by it (designated SCP-7907-2) perform anomalous and/or anatomically impossible circus tricks.

Individuals can enter and exit SCP-7907-1 during an SCP-7907-A event, though the entity has been known to react aggressively to research and/or rescue expeditions. When an SCP-7907-A event is concluded, the entity and all objects related to it spontaneously dematerialize. Individuals inside SCP-7907-1 during dematerialization have reported falling and remaining unconscious until the next SCP-7907-A event. Promotional advertisements are occasionally left behind following dematerialization, and information from them has enabled prediction of future SCP-7907-A events.

Addendum SCP-7907-1: SCP-7907-A History and Event Summaries

06/13/1905

May this letter find you in good cheer, for ours is beyond measure. At long last we've secured a plot in San Fransisco for the traveling circus show. It took every copper, but "Langmeyer's Laugh Emporium" will finally be performing for the world. Alton is delighted by the news, and I eagerly await our upcoming debut!
-Will



Although first located in 1934 through an SCP-7907-A event, subsequent research indicates that the entity has been active since 1906, when LoI-3210, a circus tent commonly known as "Langmeyer's Laugh Emporium," disappeared during a 7.9 magnitude earthquake. Surviving records from the deceased PoI-39482 confirmed the connection between PoI-3947 and SCP-7907.

The following is a log of all recorded SCP-7907-A events:


Event Summary: 1934/08/13
SCP-7907-1 manifests in southwestern Oklahoma. Local reports of carnival advertisements raining from the skies reach Foundation operatives, though they fail to arrive before the conclusion of the SCP-7907-A event. Several locals went missing and are presumed dead.

Event Summary: 1949/01/29
SCP-7907-1 manifests in southern Florida, with advertisements mentioning a famous contortionist act.
Performance Summary: SCP-7907 puppeteers a decomposing body while claiming to be "The Great Lombardi," and contorts it into anatomically impossible positions. Several jaw muscles appear to have been violently removed, presumably to facilitate easier ventriloquy.

Event Summary: 1955/03/05
SCP-7907-1 manifests in central Texas, with advertisements mentioning a sword-swallower and opera singer. A failed research expedition results in the loss of seven six staff members.
Performance Summary: SCP-7907 consumes three scimitars, four short swords, and a halberd during the first act. Impressions of the blades can be seen protruding from the entity's skin. A brief intermission follows, during which time retching and sounds of tearing flesh can be heard. During the second act SCP-7907 is dressed in a full-body gown, and sings Libiamo ne' lieti calici from La Traviata. The entity repeatedly vomits blood during the rendition.

Event Summary: 1964/09/19
SCP-7907-1 manifests in southern Illinois, with advertisements mentioning acrobats and a lion-tamer. MTF Mu-13 infiltrates SCP-7907-1 and successfully recovers Dr. Angela Grant, a Foundation researcher who went missing during the previous SCP-7907-A event.
Performance Summary: Several "lions" composed of putrefying organic matter are brought on stage and whipped by SCP-7907 until they stand on their hind legs. The creatures then perform a tightrope balance and attempt to jump through flaming hoops. Several of them collide with the hoops mid-jump and are sliced in half, at which point the flaming halves fall to the stage floor and violently convulse.

Event Summary: 1982/06/12
SCP-7907-1 manifests in western Vermont, with advertisements mentioning a balloon artist, fire-breathers, and a stand-up comedian. MTF Mu-13 is sent to rescue trapped individuals.
Performance Summary: ████████ ████████████████ ██████████████████ ██████. ████████████ ██████████████████ ████ ██████ ██████, ████████████ █████████. Operation resulted in three casualties.3


Interviewer: Site Director Emery Novens

Interviewee: Dr. Angela Grant

Foreword: Director Novens questions Dr. Grant on her experience inside SCP-7907-1.

[Written Transcript]

Director Novens: Could you tell us how you became trapped within SCP-7907-1, Dr. Grant?

Dr. Grant: It happened while I backstage with my team. We found twisted carnival masks, bloody swords, and… [whispering] I think there were some props made of human skin. I was photographing pages from this creepy black book when we heard someone coming.

Director Novens: It was SCP-7907, correct?

Dr. Grant: Yes. [pauses] He was tall and stick-thin, but I couldn't get a good look at the guy because he was covered head-to-toe in fancy circus clothes. The man's outfit was so colorful he looked half-peacock, and his face was covered by a grinning mask. It was leaking some kind of black fluid, and the smell…

Dr. Grant vomits on the floor of the interview room. Director Novens sends for a janitor and offers a towel to Dr. Grant.

Director Novens: …You were saying?

Dr. Grant: My legs were like jelly, and I barely managed to hide under a table before he came into the room. "Trying to nab my secrets, eh?" I heard that hideous mask speak to us, "A good performer never shares a jot, but methinks you'll be sharing things with me instead…" I caught a glimpse of his eyes while he was staring at one of my colleagues, and suddenly all I could see was the swirling purple light in the empty eye-sockets of his mask. It felt… [pauses]

Director Novens [quietly]: It's alright, you're safe here.

Dr. Grant: It felt like he was stealing thoughts right out of my head. I felt ideas, memories, even whole chunks of my psyche being sucked out as if a leech had latched onto my brain.

Director Novens: Did it try to kill you?

Dr. Grant: He didn't see me under the table, at least, I don't think he did. That guy went to each of my colleagues, looking them in the eyes with that same light, and kissed them on the mouth.

Director Novens: It kissed them?

Dr. Grant: The guy looked more like he was sucking something out of their mouths, but I didn't get a good view. A few moments later I fell unconscious. The last thing I remembered was hearing someone weeping, "Sorry. Sorry. So sorry…"

Director Novens: Do you remember anything else?

Dr. Grant: I remember waking up under the same table and finding a spot under the stands to hide in. That's where your agent found me.

Director Novens: Nothing else?

Dr. Grant: No. [pauses] Can I leave now?



Closing Statement: Dr. Grant is to be referred to a site therapist weekly for physiatric care, and archives of her photographs of SCP-7907-3 are to be assigned level 4/7907 classification.

01/24/1906

The show's earnings were poor this week, and Alton has been acting quite strange as well. He showed me a book of magicks with profane inscriptions, insisting that we use its unholy powers for the show. I told Alton to burn the book before it hexed us all, but he refused to listen. I fear for his soul.
-Will



Interviewer: Site Director Emery Novens

Interviewee: MTF Agent Max Maxwell

Foreword: Director Novens questions Agent Maxwell about his version of events during the SCP-7907-A event of 1964.

[Written Transcript]

Director Novens: Greetings, Agent Maxwell. You'll be pleased to know Dr. Grant is safe and in good health thanks to your brave actions. Shall I schedule a meeting with her?

Agent Maxwell: Yes, and let's get down to brass tacks while we're here. You didn't invite me just for a pat on the back, did you?

Director Novens: You are correct, Agent Maxwell, and as direct as ever. Our interview with Dr. Grant was… inconclusive. We hope that your account will clear some things up.

Agent Maxwell: Of course, sir. We first rushed the circus perimeter, and the boys started drawing lots for who'd have to go inside. I offered to take Chip's place when he drew a short straw, and then me and the unlucky fellas entered the tent.

Director Novens: You volunteered?

Agent Maxwell: Yeah. [chuckles] Probably a stupid idea in hindsight, but Chip had a baby girl and I didn't want that on my conscience.

Director Novens: [smiles] A commendable sentiment, Agent Maxwell. Please continue.

Agent Maxwell: The inside was huge, ten times bigger than the tent at least, and there were these frankensteined creatures prancing around on their hind legs upstage. Some of the other guys were distracted by all that, not to mention the smell of rotting flesh, so I told them to keep their eyes peeled. There were people trapped in this magic building, and we had to rescue them.

Director Novens: And was that when you found Dr. Grant?

Agent Maxwell: Yes, I found her hiding under these bleacher-type seats… Well, I suppose heard her is more accurate, seeing as the woman was babbling like she'd been shell-shocked. I told her that help had arrived.

Director Novens: How did she react to that statement?

Agent Maxwell: Laughter. [pauses] And by that I mean laughter. She started laughing uncontrollably and rolling on the floor, to the point where some of the circus-zombie-things started turning and getting angry. I didn't have time to chit-chat, so I hoisted the gibbering woman over my shoulder and high-tailed it out of there. She kept babbling, "He told a funny! I know a funny!" as if she'd never heard a joke before in her life, so I knocked her unconscious with an elbow to the head. [looks down] Couldn't risk attracting more of those circus freaks, you know?

Director Novens: I'd say you made the right decision, Agent Maxwell. [pauses] While we're on the subject of the SCP-7907-2 entities, did any of them try to stop you?

Agent Maxwell: The little ones did. Their bodies felt like carrion and were about as strong. You think they'd flee after the first few gunshots, but those guys were practically throwing themselves at us saying "Shoot! Shoot! Don't hold back!" [pauses] We didn't, not that it made much of a difference. Even with a dozen bullet holes those bastards still kept crawling towards us. At least the bullets actually slowed them down; no such luck when it came to the other guy…

Director Novens: SCP-7907, correct?

Agent Maxwell: Yes. He rose and spoke as I was running headfirst out of the circus with my mates. "Think it's funny to spoil my show, do you?" He said to us, "I'll tell you what's really funny!"

Director Novens: And what was "really funny?"

Agent Maxwell: ████████████ ██████ ███ █████ ████████

Director Novens begins laughing uncontrollably, making spasmodic motions and crying from both eyes.

Agent Maxwell: …I still don't get it.



Closing Statement: All MTF Mu-13 task force members that entered SCP-7907-1 are missing and presumed dead, with the exception of Agent Maxwell. Director Novens remained incapacitated for two hours and continued to suffer from pseudobulbar affect for a week.

04/18/1906

Forgive me, mother, but I had no choice. Today is our last performance before going broke, and I told Alton that he could use his vile book if it would save us from ruin. I already see a great crowd coming for the show, but I fear the cost of this sorcery. If anything should happen, pray for us both.
-Will




WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 4/7907 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 4/7907 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License