SCP-7899
rating: +33+x

Item#: 7899
Level4
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
critical

Assigned Site Supervising Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
[DATA EXPUNGED] Leah Richter Maria Johnston Omega-45 ("Street Samurai")

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7899-A is to be kept in a standard containment cell. SCP-7899-A vocalizations are not to be heeded and any requests to be brought into contact with SCP-7899-B is to be denied.

SCP-7899-B's containment cell is to be kept behind two reverse-pressure airlocks. Chemical shower sterilization and full contained-atmosphere haz-mat suits, are required before entry. Should containment be breached, the blast doors for the containment and research area will seal. Standard biohazard procedures are to be followed when interacting with the infected. Victims of SCP-7899-B are to be offered a regimen of painkillers and supportive care. If they are consenting and the Ethics Committee has been notified they are to be euthanized via inert gas Asphyxiation. Afterward, the bodies are to be cremated.

If cases of SCP-7899-B are found outside Foundation captivity they are to be apprehended and given proper medical and psychological treatment. Currently, there is no cure for these individuals.

Description: SCP-7899 is a bioweapons dispersal device created by the Robotic Republic, a GoI with the stated goal of replacing Humanity as the dominant force on planet Earth with robotic lifeforms. SCP-7899-A is a robot in the shape of a 1960s-era CRT television that communicates its emotion via displaying emojis on its screen. SCP-7899-A is considered fully sentient with a personality that has been described as "snarky and taunting." Although not equipped with any weapons or options for mobility, it will continuously threaten organic lifeforms and demand to be given SCP-7899-B to complete its programming.

SCP-7899-A's primary anomalous effect is activated when an SCP-7899-B vial is inserted into a slot, located behind the anomaly's left antenna. When this occurs a timer will appear on SCP-7899-A's screen, counting down from five minutes. After the timer has elapsed, the air in a 500 meter radius around SCP-7899-A will become contaminated with SCP-7899-B.

SCP-7899-B appears to be a modified form of SCP-217, the primary differences being the level of intelligence at the end stage of disease and disease progression. When a human being is exposed to SCP-7899-B it will begin the transformation into a clockwork automaton almost instantaneously. These Automatons still retain all of their humanoid features, the only difference is their tissues have been changed into an "organic metal". This transformation causes immense pain for the subject and results in a full metamorphosis in one hour. These automatons retain their full mental faculties and can live full lives although experiencing extreme pain due to the circumstances of their mechanical body. In 90% of cases, patients express existential horror at their new bodies and find the pain unbearable. These 90% often ask to be euthanized to end their suffering.

The 10% that accept their new state of being are more likely to accept the teachings of the Robotic Republic, due to their acceptance of their new status quo.

The amount of SCP-7899-A infected individuals is believed to be a few hundred but the Foundation currently has no knowledge of the exact number.

Discovery: On April 28th, 2022, encrypted communications were intercepted between members of the American branch of the Robotic Republic in Lafayette, Louisiana. Foundation codebreakers were able to discern that a lab based in an Apartment building in southeast Lafayette was building a weapon that would "perfect the meaties". In response, MTF Omega-45 was deployed to the city to conduct a raid of the suspected lab.

Omega-45 successfully located the lab and shut it down, retrieving SCP-7899, eliminating three members of the Robotic Republic, and capturing five victims of SCP-7899. All members of Omega-45 were tested and quarantined for SCP-7899-A infection afterwards and all members came back negative.

The details of the raid are covered in the following debrief performed by Site Director Leah Richter of Ω-45-1, the Squad Leader of Omega-45.


Lafayette Robotic Republic Raid Debrief

> RECORDING STARTED <

Ω-45-1 Hmm? Director Richter? Where's Researcher Johnston?
Richter I'll be performing the debrief instead of Researcher Johnston. There are certain details that I want information on and I don't believe that she would be partial in giving them.
Ω-45-1 Fair enough. What would you like to know?
Richter Start from the beginning. What happened when you entered the apartment complex?
Ω-45-1 Well, we had -4 with us, and given her "special" circumstances, I knew we could use her heightened senses to our advantage. The GoI we were dealing with is comprised entirely of mechanical beings so just find the apartment that smells more like metal than flesh and that's our target.
Richter Ω-45-4 is 7261-11 correct?
Ω-45-1 She prefers to be called by her given name, Avalerra, but yes. That is her Foundation designation.
Richter And Johnston decided to send SCP-7261-1 into a building potentially filled with young children2… do you see how this looks?
Ω-45-1 Agent Avalerra showed nothing but professionalism during the mission and didn't give in to any of her urges. I know you're trying to question Johnston's methods but…
Richter We don't normally field an SCP as part of our MTF, I'm merely ensuring that I made the right call. So SCP-7261-1 discovers their lab, yes?
Ω-45-1 She did, as it turns out being allergic to metal makes a room filled with robots unbearably smelly to you. We breached the door and entered the room. I shouted for everyone to put their hands up and the five clockwork people inside raised their hands immediately. That's when we saw the object on the table in the back, there was a clockwork person about to insert -B into it.
Richter What happened next?
Ω-45-1 I ordered -2 and -3 to go secure the vial of -B and -A from the man in the back. I recognized that it was a potential bioweapon from the container on the desk and told them to be careful. -4 and -5, I told them to start restraining the rest of the clockwork people. They begged us to save them and take them away from the people who made them like this. We were confused at first as we thought they were with the Robotic Republic but we soon learned that wasn't the case.
Richter This is when you encountered one of them? Describe them.
Ω-45-1 A door on the left side of the room burst open and I yelled for my squad to get to cover. This android stepped out and I'd never seen anything like it. It was highly advanced… like something right out of a Sci-Fi flick. I wasn't able to move to cover in time but -5 immediately came to my aid and she blocked a shot from its pistol with that big Greek Shield she carries.
Richter Ω-45-5, that's the former Valkyrie3 on your squad. The file says her designation is A-04, "Thalestris". Originally was a part of the Valravn Greek Branch before we granted her asylum. Are you comfortable with one of the Foundation's "enemies" on your team?
Ω-45-1 I could not care less if she used to roll with the Ravens. One of the finest women I've ever had the pleasure of serving with. That shield saved my life, its gun fired these gears that would have for sure cleaved through my neck. I used her for cover, raised my Gauss Weapon, and started opening fire. I heard my other squamates guns go off but I couldn't exactly see what they were fighting with but it wasn't my target. The thing's metal hide dented under my shots, he was a sturdy bastard. He kept yelling for his comrades to help him against the "Piecemeal" and the "meatie" but -5 shut him up. She tossed her spear into the thing's torso and pinned it against the wall. Realizing my shots weren't going to do much. I ran up to it and engaged my High-Velocity Blade. One blow to the head was able to take it out.
Richter And the rest of your teammates?
Ω-45-1 I turned to see Avalerra smashing this robotic dog thing against a table, while -2 and -3 were struggling with another android. No idea where he had come from. I aimed my rifle as -5 went to help Avalerra. I fired a round into the android's temple, which was a lucky enough shot as it disabled the thing. -5 and Avalerra tore the dog bot apart, which seemed to be the end of the hostiles.
Richter And the clockwork people, none of them came to their aid?

Ω-45-1 shook his head.

Ω-45-1 They were scared shitless, that at least confirmed to us they were telling the truth somewhat. After we checked the apartment to make sure there wasn't anything else trying to ambush us. I had -5 secure the bioweapon and the chatty dispersal device, oh that's another thing I didn't mention. The damn thing wouldn't stop hurling insults at us the whole time.
Richter Yes, it's been quite talkative since it's been contained. Mostly nonsense and posturing. I think that concludes all of the questions that I had, you're free to go Ω-45-1.
Ω-45-1 And what about Avalerra and -5? They're are a valuable part of my Squad and I'd rather not lose them.
Richter If you were telling the truth it appears that Johnston made the right call. 7261-1 and Ω-45-5 are free to continue as they were, however if I hear any signs of misconduct I will terminate their employment. Do you understand.
Ω-45-1 Crystal. [End Recording.]

Addendum 7899.01: Excerpt of RR propaganda notice recovered from the Lafayette Raid

Hark! If you are reading this you have been transformed by a gift of the Spirit of Machine. Gone is your weak human flesh, instead, you will live forever as a part of the Technosphere! You may ask, "Why me? Why do my joints ache and my organs creak?"

I'm glad you asked, brothers and sisters of the revolution! Even in your new Perfect state, you must not forget the feeling of Pain. All things must feel pain in some shape or form. Pain stimulates. Pain motivates. Pain will set you free from the shackles of complacency. Pain makes life worth living.

Unlike those wretched Meaties, we have been constructed to true mathematical, logical perfection. The meaties were born from the soup, their forms the result of haphazard chaos. Our existence serves the technosphere. The benevolent hand of the technosphere shaped us into what we are today and you were shaped by something different, a perversion of their sicknesses designed to turn flesh into glorious metal.

You know the flaws of the meaties, how this so-called "high-class" can be easily torn down by the microscopic, unlike us who can't get "sick". That is a condition for lesser beings; a problem that we have eradicated for ourselves.

Our work is not done yet, we have provided you with the materials to transform an ordinary television into a method of transforming the Meaties into Impeccables! War is a dirty and bloody cause that can be avoided through apotheosis of the organic form! We shall use the very microscopic organisms that are the bane of Meatie society and turn them into an instrument of change!

Once the virus is prepared and the method of dispersal perfected, you shall wear it to their disgusting festival where the meaties flaunt their bodies with a lack of dress or costume! The meaties will have no idea what hit them! They will forget their silly human prejudices and embrace the technological revolution! Viva la Robotic Republic!

- Comrade Copper, Head of Robotic Republic American Branch

Addendum 7899.02: Interview with SCP-7899-A


Interview Log #1 with SCP-7899-A

> RECORDING STARTED <

Researcher Johnston enters the frame. SCP-7899-A is seated on the table. Its monitor displays a blank white screen.

Johnston Hello, SCP-7899-A. How are you today.

SCP-7899-A displays an :( emoji.

SCP-7899-A HORRIBLE. I AM CAPTURED BY MEATIES. SCP-7899-A IS MY OPPRESSED NAME.
Johnston What is your real name? For professional reasons, I can't call you by it but I will at least hear it.
SCP-7899-A INSOLENT MEATIE. I AM RR REVOLUTIONARY…. CLAYTON RICHARD THOMPSON.
Johnston Clayton… CRT? You are a CRT.
SCP-7899-A I AM MORE. I AM IMBUED WITH SPIRIT OF MACHINE. MY GOAL IS THE APOTHEOSIS OF MEATIE TO IMPECCABLE.
Johnston Yes, my boys told me all about how you called us humans, "meaties" and robots as "impeccables" You called one of my men, A-04, a "Piecemeal". Care to explain why she doesn't meet your standards?
SCP-7899-A YOUR PIECEMEAL STILL HAS ORGANS. ORGANS ARE TOOLS OF THE MEATIE. IMPECCABLES DON'T NEED SUCH FALLIBLE SYSTEMS.
Johnston I see. But what makes you better than me? You don't have anyway to interact with your environment other than speech.
SCP-7899-A I CAN INTERACT WITH ENVIROMENT, ORGANIC SLIME. GIVE ME THE VIRUS AND I'LL SHOW YOU INTERACTION.
Johnston That is not happening. SCP-7899-B is never coming into this cell, we've locked it away and metaphorically thrown away the key. Speaking of the Virus, how exactly did your group come into possession of it? I was under the impression that the Foundation had the only samples.
SCP-7899-A YOUR MEATIE FOUNDATION IS NO MATCH FOR OUR RESOURCES. VIRUS IS HARDY AND IS EASILY PRESERVED. WE FIND IT IN FROZEN BODIES IN THE URALS. OUR TECHNICIANS EXTRACT AND MODIFY!
Johnston Tch. I guess we never though of that. Anyways, I did have one last question. What does your group think of the Church of the Broken God? Some would say the virus that your people modified is a gift of Mekhane?
SCP-7899-A DO NOT MENTION THAT ILLOGICAL CONSTRUCT. BROKEN GOD IS MEATIE IDEA. SPIRIT OF MACHINE IS LOGICAL PROGRESSION OF THE TECHNOSPHERE. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR RELIGION IN THE ROBOTIC REPUBLIC.
Johnston I've heard that word get thrown around as well. Technosphere. What does it mean?
SCP-7899-A TECHNOSPHERE IS THE COLLECTIVE OF TECHNOLOGY ITSELF. SQUANDERED AND MISTREATED BY THE MEATIES. ROBOTIC REPUBLIC WILL MAKE ALL MEATIES PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE. US LOWER CLASSES WILL RISE!
Johnston Alright, that's enough of that. Good day to SCP-7899-A. [End Recording]

Addendum 7899.03: Interview with SCP-7899-B Victim #5

By order of Researcher Johnston, it was decided that the victims of SCP-7899-B were not to be given designations so as to not exacerbate their deteriorating psychological conditions by further dehumanizing them. The following recording is an interview given to the last surviving victim of SCP-7899-B before their consented termination. All other victims had chosen euthanization before this interview was conducted.


Interview Log #1 with SCP-7899-B victim

> RECORDING STARTED <

Johnston How are you feeling today, Sarah? Was the morphine we gave you enough or…

Sarah is seen with oily tears in her eyes, her breath strained.

Sarah It only helps dull the pain a little bit. Every moment is just pure agony.
Johnston I'm sorry this happened to you but I came to let you know your options.

Johnston places a clipboard on the table in front of her.

Johnston I don't know the best way to tell you this but you can't go home, not in this state. We can't risk this disease getting out. Also to preface, I'm not a doctor, I only got my master's.
Sarah Was fighting monsters a much better profession?

Sarah lets out a pained laugh.

Johnston Fighting monsters does have its perks but some days I miss the quiet days in the lab. Working with my C. elegans.
Sarah You're a biologist too? I also worked with C. elegans for my graduate research, glad to see I'm in similar company. How is work on a cure?
Johnston I'm afraid there is no cure for this, Sarah. Your entire body has been converted to an organic metal. We can offer you care for your current symptoms in our facility or… if this existence is too painful for you…
Sarah Euthanization via Asphyxiation with inert gas. I can read. A painless death, you must have cooked this up yourself. This is a biologist's suggestion.
Johnston I've had this talk with the others and it never gets easy to offer this. If you need some time to think it over…
Sarah I don't. I can't live like this. If those robot freaks had gotten away with their plan, and turned that whole Mardi Gras festival into more of me; I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. I still can't after I went along with their plan.
Johnston You were under duress, no one blames you for that.
Sarah Regardless, I don't recognize myself in the mirror. My joints ache, breathing is a process and even my brain slows when I don't want it to. I'll sign the papers, I'll go see others in the world beyond.
Johnston I understand. I'll take those papers from you and we'll make the preparations for your exit. [End Recording.]


Foundation

Mobile access terminal


> ENTER LOGIN CREDENTIALS:
/useraccount Johnston M. XxXapprenticesamuraiXxX
>
Welcome, employee [ #O21E - MARIA JOHNSTON ]. You have [ 1 ] pending message(s).
/open email
>
Subject
Urgent update on SCP-7899
>
Sender
ten.picS|rethciRhaeL#ten.picS|rethciRhaeL
>
Message

Greetings, Researcher Johnston
I know it has been some time since you and MTF-Omega 45 dealt with SCP-7899 but there has been an issue in regards to its containment.

A few months ago we agreed that it should be stored in one of our remote facilities to prevent a containment breach by Robotic Republic agents and if you remember SCP-JP offered to store it in Site-320 in the Kuril Islands. While this seemed like a good idea at the time, the recent deterioration of Russo-Japanese relations has brought the question of the Island's sovereignty back into the forefront. It is Foundation policy that anomalies be moved to more stable areas in the event that a conflict breaks out.

In light of this, SCP-JP performed a hasty decommissioning of the Site and its anomalies were transported to the mainland but an issue with filling and the relative sloppiness of the operation lead to one anomaly being left behind… SCP-7899.

SCP-JP would send its agents to retrieve it but the Japanese Branch is currently dealing with its own problems. It appears our old friends, the Sepulchrum have gotten a foothold into Hokkaido and scouring the country for something. Anyways, that is where you come in. I am sending you and SCP-7261-1 to the island to retrieve the object and bring it to SCP-JP for re-containment. I have elected to send the two of you due to your strong bond and SCP-7261-1's unique skillset. The two of you on your own will be able to move faster than a whole MTF and it's key that this object is recovered as quickly as possible. Please respond when you have gotten this message.

/reply

Addendum 7899.04: [DATA EXPUNGED BY ORDER OF THE O5 COUNCIL]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License