SCP-7850
rating: +45+x



Item#: 7850
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice

SCP-CAT.jpg

SCP-7850-B

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7850 is kept within a low-maintenance enclosure fitted with hidden cameras for the purpose of observing the object. Civilians are to be directed away from the enclosure as per standard procedure.

Local civilian equipment previously capable of receiving SCP-7850's transmissions have been adjusted properly under the guise of FCC regulations.

Description: SCP-7850 is a slightly damaged Sharp Color TV Model originally discovered in the Coconino National Forest, Arizona. Humans within a 10 meter radius of SCP-7850 experience a mental compulsion to avoid harming or manipulating the object, with the intensity of the compulsion growing the closer they are to the object. Non-humans seem to be immune to this compulsion, with animals of the Felidae family appearing to be inversely affected by it.

Periodically, an adult house cat, designated SCP-7850-B, will manifest nearby SCP-7850. When aware of humans physically observing it, SCP-7850-B displays no unusual behavior and interacts with others amicably. When SCP-7850-B believes that it is unobserved, it will proceed to SCP-7850 and vocalize loudly, causing the object's screen to open as if it were a door..Researchers have been unable to recreate this, even with trained domestic House Cats SCP-7850-B will then enter the object and lay down, causing the screen to close. SCP-7850-B will typically remain inside for 4-8 hours before exiting it and demanifesting. While they are inside, SCP-7850 will broadcast up to 7 messages encoded in binary. If at any point SCP-7850-B becomes aware of it being observed during this process, it will immediately demanifest and broadcasts will cease.

Discovery: During an otherwise non-anomalous meteor shower, Arizona residents living near the Coconino Forest reported a small unidentified object crashing within the forest; the Foundation was made aware of this after a resident filmed themself holding SCP-7850-B and commenting on the anomalous compulsion created by SCP-7850.

Addendum 7850.1: SCP-7850 Broadcast Archive

Notable SCP-7850 broadcasts are filed below. Line separations denote that the broadcasts occurred on a different manifestation of SCP-7850-B.

S O S THIS VESSEL TRANSMITS THE MESSAGE OF CAPTAIN BUDDY, HERO TO THE HIGHER FELINE FEDERATION AND FRIEND TO MOST, I SEEK SANCTUARY IN THIS REALM DESPITE ITS REIGN BY APEKIN. PLEASE RESPOND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THIS VESSEL HAS SUSTAINED DAMAGE AND REQUIRES AID FROM ANY FELINES EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. THE NONFELINE DEFENSE MATRIX THANKFULLY WORKS WELL. ANY TECHNICIAN FELINES HEARING THIS MESSAGE SHALL BE PROVIDED WITH A LIFETIME SUPPLY OF LORD KITTERS NIP IN RETURN FOR REPAIRING THE VESSEL.

FROM MY OBSERVATIONS THIS REALM HAS NOT BEEN INVADED BY THE FILTH YET. I WILL MOMENTARILY LEAVE THE VESSEL, ANYONE LISTENING MAY CONTACT ONCE I RETURN.


THIS IS CAPTAIN BUDDY OF THE HIGH FELINE FEDERATION REQUESTING ASSISTANCE, LANDING IN YOUR REALM HAS DAMAGED THE VESSEL ENOUGH TO MAROON IT HERE. I AM NOW ACCEPTING HELP FROM NON FELINES. THOUGH YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT ENJOY THE KITNIP PAYMENT, SHOULD'VE BEEN A CAT WHEN YOU WERE BORN SORRY.

THE APEKIN SEEM TO KNOW OF MY HONORABLE NATURE, ONE OF THEM OFFERED ME A PRIMITIVE SNACK.Referring to when a Researcher tried to give SCP-7850-B a Temptations brand Cat Treat .. THEY ARE UNAWARE OF ME AND MY VESSELS NATURE THANKFULLY. I MAY HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE INFERNAL LIQUID SPRAYS IF THEY FIGURE OUT I AM A FEDERATION MEMBER, PLEASE SEND HELP IMMEDIATELY.

I HAVE DECIDED TO TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS, IF NONE WILL HELP I WILL HELP MYSELF. PANASONIC GRADE VESSELS ARE EASY ENOUGH TO FIX ANYHOW.


Note: After this transmission, SCP-7850-B has been seen carrying wires or other miscellaneous items in its mouth, before taking them into SCP-7850.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS CAPTAIN BUDDY, I HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS REALM WHILE NICE IS FILLED WITH IMBECILES AND HEATHENS WHO WONT HELP A POOR VESSELLESS CAT. I HOPE THE APEKIN OF THIS REALM SMITE DOWN YOU INSOLENTILES WITH HIGH POWER LIQUID SPRAYERS.

YOU ARE ALL LUCKY THE FILTH HASN'T TAKEN THIS REALM YET, WITH SUCH LACKING FELINES.

MY VESSEL IS NEARLY REPAIRED. THE FEDERATION WILL KNOW OF THIS REALMS LACK OF HOSPITALITY.


ALMOST DONE NOW. YOU ARE ALL DUMB. THAT IS ALL.

ACTUALLY THIS IS MY FINAL REQUEST, DOES ANY FELINE HERE KNOW IF YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO USE THE PURE ESSENCE OR THE FILTERED ESSENCE FOR THE FUEL? I BROUGHT BOTH IN CASE BUT THERES NO MANUAL HERE..Presumably refers to the two cartons of milk SCP-7850-B had brought onto SCP-7850 prior to this transmission, one of which was chocolate flavored.

GOD DAMNIT. MAY THE FILTH CURSE YOU ALL. I USED THE WRONG ONE AND NOW I HAVE TO GET MORE. I HATE THIS REALM.

Addendum 7850.2: Incident 7850 ALPHA

During an observed SCP-7850-B and SCP-7850 interaction, a coyote wandered into viewing range of its enclosure. Before personnel could remove the animal, SCP-7850-B exited the object and upon noticing the coyote, hissed and immediately retreated back into SCP-7850. SCP-7850 then transmitted the following messages:

I WAS WRONG I SEE NOW THAT THE FILTH HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO SPREAD UPON THIS REALM AND BLIGHT THE HIGHER FELINES OF IT.

UNTOLD HELLS SCOURGE THESE LANDS, I MUST EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.

Afterward, SCP-7850 made a loud, violent mechanical noise before beginning to lift upward. The object began radiating an immense amount of Gamma Radiation as cameras recorded a metallic aperture protruding from the bottom of it. SCP-7850 then launched upward at approximately 25km/s, entering the atmosphere in 11 seconds before it demanifested.

liftoff.jpg

Last known image taken of SCP-7850

Moments before demanifesting SCP-7850 broadcasted the following message:

MAY YOUR WOES BE MANY, AND YOUR DOG DAYS FEW.

No further activity nor sightings connected to SCP-7850 have been reported since this incident. Anomaly is pending reclassification.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License