SCP-7730

rating: +32+x

Item #: SCP-7730 Level 2/7730
Object Class: Keter Classified

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation members are to avoid direct verbal communication with known patients of SCP-7730 whenever possible. Embedded agents within civilian hospitals are to be tasked with identifying patients of SCP-7730. All such patients are to be diagnosed with a non-anomalous autoimmune disease, and kept on observation. As the spread of SCP-7730 among the civilian population is difficult to track, full containment of SCP-7730 is impossible. However, as the rate of infection is low, simulations show SCP-7730 is not expected to spread beyond ⸺⸺⸺- total infectees.

Description: SCP-7730 is a contagious autoimmune disease spread via an anomalous memetic vector. It is estimated that there are currently approximately 350,000 active infection cases of SCP-7730, the majority of them being civilian. Immune systems affected by SCP-7730 will start attacking various different tissues of the host, with a preference towards specific types of tissue differing from patient to patient. The symptoms of SCP-7730 occur in three major stages:

  • Stage 1: Patient is initially infected by SCP-7730, and the patient's immune system is modified to start slowly attacking specific tissues of the host body. At this stage, the symptoms of SCP-7730 may resemble that of various autoimmune diseases, such as type 1 diabetes or certain types of arthritis.
  • Stage 2: After 1 to 3 years on average, the rate at which the patient's tissues deteriorate drastically increases, and the immune system begins to target a wider variety of tissues. Along with this, the patient's tissues also begin regenerating at a much faster rate, keeping the patient alive in a state of elevated pain. This stage lasts for 3 to 7 years.
  • Stage 3: The rate at which the patient's tissues regenerate starts to slow down, causing the immune system to slowly destroy the patient's body, resulting in death.

There is no known case of a patient of SCP-7730 surviving longer than 11 years after the point of infection.

SCP-7730 spreads by mildly altering the voice of the patient to contain auditory memetic information that acts as a vector. The specific ways in which this alteration happens is currently unknown, and altered voices are indistinguishable from baseline vocal variations across the population. When a human is exposed to a sufficiently large amount of this altered voice,1 their nervous system will reconfigure itself to contain the memetic component of SCP-7730, causing them to be infected.

Despite extensive research, there is no known cure for SCP-7730.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License