SCP-7710


rating: +62+x

Item #: SCP-7710

Object Class: Pending

Temporary Containment Procedures: SCP-7710 is temporaily located at Auxillary Research Facility-19. SCP-7710 is to be contained in a large biohazardous containment cell retrofitted for a large animal. Its cell is to be lined with common industrial plastic with imprinted thaumaturgic sigils. SRAs1 are to be placed at the corners of the containment cell. Use of fire is approved in re-containing the anomaly. Personnel are required to wear hazardous material suits while in SCP-7710's cell. Testing temporary sigils must be made with a liquid mixture 1:7:10 ratio of silver dust:salt:blood (unspecified).

saginaw-bay.png

SCP-7710's location of discovery.

Description: SCP-7710 is a biohazardous entity retrieved from the Saginaw Bay in Bay City, Michigan, USA. The entity will take on the appearance of an extinct, extinct in the wild, or critically endangered species. Its current form is a black rhinoceros. SCP-7710 is three times the size of its non-anomalous counterparts. The anomaly's mass is made up of biohazardous and acidic slime; it has an exo-skeleton composed of oxidized iron and copper. At this time, no specific cause for SCP-7710's manifestation has been found.

In testing, SCP-7710 has been found to emit low levels of TRE.2


Addendum 7710.1

Email Logs 7710.1

To: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: New Assignment
Date: 2022/09/20
Time: 08:41


Good morning Mordecai,

I have some wonderful news for you! I'm assigning you to SCP-7710 as project lead alongside Containment Specialist Samson. His team is trying to contain an anomaly and requires your expertise. All the details are in the attached files.

Head Researcher Leah Królik,
Department of Research, ARF-19

[SCP-7710.pdf]
[2022-08-19_test7710.pdf]
[2022-08-20_test7710.pdf]
[INFO-TRE_lvl2.pdf]

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Subject: Re:New Assignment
Date: 2022/09/20
Time: 08:58


Leah,

I'd like to work on this assignment, however, I have to say no. I'm having a hard time at home and this stress would distract me from work.

At this time I feel I'm unfit for the responsibility.

Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Thaumaturgy Divison, ARF-19

To: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: Re:Re:New Assignment
Date: 2022/09/20
Time: 09:12


I really need you on this assignment. I'm assigning you to this anomaly because you're the only on-site personnel who has experience with things like TRE. My sympathies toward you and your situation. I'll see what I can do to help you so you can focus on the assignment.

Head Researcher Leah Królik,
Department of Research, ARF-19

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Subject: Re:Re:Re:New Assignment
Date: 2022/09/20
Time: 09:23


Leah,

I don't want the facility to be involved in my personal matters.

Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Thaumaturgy Divison, ARF-19

To: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:New Assignment
Date: 2022/09/20
Time: 09:45


OK that's fair, but there aren't any nearby mages. I need you on this assignment.

Head Researcher Leah Królik,
Department of Research, ARF-19

SCP-7710 breached containment and broke into the waste management garages. The entity gained ~34 kg of refuse. Fire specialists were able to reduce the entity's mass and coerce it back into a container.

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:ReNew Assignment
Date: 2022/09/21
Time: 14:56


Leah,

After some consideration, I'll take on the assignment.

Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Thaumaturgy Divison, ARF-19

P.S. I'll let you know if I need anything.

Testing Log 7710.1

Testing began 2022/09/23 with consultation from Jr. Researcher Mordecai.

Sigil Base: STUCK
Date: 2022/09/23
Effects: The anomaly's machine oil output increased by 200%.
Notes: Clean up commenced when the effects wore off after 24 hours. Mordecai reports having used the wrong word as a base.

Sigil Base: BIND
Date: 2022/09/24
Effects: N/A
Notes: Personnel in SCP-7710's cell suffered from minor injuries. Researcher Mordecai reported a depressive episode, and called out for the day.

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Subject: Therapy
Date: 2022/09/25
Time: 07:28


Leah,

After yesterday, I request approval for weekly sessions with my psychiatrist.

Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Thaumaturgy Divison, ARF-19

To: Jr Researcher Mordecai Ryder
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: Therapy
Date: 2022/09/25
Time: 08:56


Mordecai,

Sure thing! I'll let Dr. Cornell know that I've approved this.

Head Researcher Leah Królik,
Department of Research, ARF-19

Sigil Base: CHAINED
Sigil Addition: 48 HOURS
Date: 2022/09/27
Effects: The anomaly's exo-skeleton hardened.
Notes: An attempted containment breach occured. This led to heavy damage to the plastic interior of the cell. After 48 hours SCP-7710's containment cell was cleaned and repaired.

Therapy Session 7710.1

Therapist: Dr. Haskell Cornell
Patient: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Date: 2022/10/06


<Begin Log>


Cornell: Good morning Mordecai.

Mordecai: Hi.

Cornell: How are we feeling today?

Mordecai: Tired mostly.

Cornell: Are the insomnia medications not working?

Mordecai: I'm having a hard time taking them.

Cornell: I can see about getting a liquid form. (removes a notebook and pen)

Mordecai: No, no. That's not the problem.

Cornell: (pauses) What's the problem Mordecai?

Mordecai: I (rubs forehead) don't want to sleep.

Cornell: Why's that?

Mordecai: It means the day's over, and I've lost another day.

Cornell: "Lost another day"?

Mordecai: I don't want to get more in depth.

Cornell: Mordecai, if this is affecting your work, by default we should know.

[Mordecai is silent for a minute.]

Mordecai: It's another day gone knowing that I did have housing. I wake up the next morning and worry I won't have housing when I lay down again. And the cycle repeats.

[Dr. Cornell puts his pen down. Mordecai shifts nervously.]

Mordecai: If I can stay awake, I won't end the feeling that I made it through another day.

[The room remains silent for about a minute. Dr. Cornell retrieves his pen, and writes something down.]

Cornell: From what I understand, you have an apartment near here that's in your name?

Mordecai: (sniffs) Yes.

Cornell: You pay the rent?

Mordecai: Yes… but I don't know if I'll be able to pay it the next month, and the next month, and the next month.

Cornell: You have solid employment with the Foundation.

Mordecai: I'm aware, I just can't shake the feeling that everything can come crashing down on me.

Cornell: Your anxiety sounds overwhelming. We can try upping your anti-anxiety medications and see how that helps?

Mordecai: (sighs) Please.


<End Log>


Sigil Base: PRESS
Date: 2022/10/07
Effects: Ambient temperature around SCP-7710 raises to 50C. SCP-7710 melts and becomes superheated. It takes on the properties of lava.
Notes: The plastic walls melted, the entity breached containment, and was re-contained in ARF-19's parking lot. 12 personnel vehicles were destroyed, including Jr. Researcher Mordecai's Honda Accord.

I don't know what I expected. -Mordecai

Therapy Session 7710.2

Therapist: Dr. Haskell Cornell
Patient: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Date: 2022/10/15


<Begin Log>


Cornell: Good morning Mordecai.

Mordecai: What's good about it?

Cornell: Mordecai, pleas-

Mordecai: (interuppts) My car is wrecked.

[Silence for roughly 20 seconds.]

Cornell: (adjusts tie) -and the facility has created a temporary shuttle route to account for this.

Mordecai: The shuttle is fine. What I'm angry about is that I have to get another car. With what money? The money I do have goes toward rent.

Cornell: You've been having anxiety about housing again?

Mordecai: Of course. It makes it hard to focus when I'm in the lab or my apartment.

Cornell: Tell me your nightly routine when you get home after a day at work.

Mordecai: Well… I greet Hal3 and then I get a snack and watch horror Let's Plays. When it's time for dinner, I put a frozen dinner in the microwave. I eat that while watching my video. And then… I don't know, a few hours go by and I somehow wake up in my bed.

Mordecai: These hours can be used on anything else! But I don't want the night to end so I get stuck in this loop.

Cornell: Have you considered journaling?

Mordecai: I'm not sure I'd be able to when I'm in that headspace.

Cornell: It doesn't have to be anything deep. If you're watching a video, simply type "I'm watching a video." in a blank text file.

Mordecai: I hadn't thought of it like that…


<End Log>


[…]watched an indie horror game lets play with hal. she wasnt scared[…]

[…]tried to order pizza— order kept being mixed up.


[46 extraneous entries removed for brevity.]


2022/10/30

[…]what they need is a demonologist or a mage well versed in solomonic magic. all they have is a second rate wordsmith. altho on one of my USBs i have a torrented magical library. i think i can find something that could help[…]

[…]i dont want to live with this Thing.


2022/10/31

[…]the anxiety is back. ive been watching videos with Hal for 3 hours. i need to continue programming this sigil but im so fucking worried about nothing! My head hurts, my palms sweat, my heart is racing, every part of my body screams in pain[…]

[….]medication and some water helped a little. im taking a short break from reading to take note that im programming the sigil again.


[5 entries of extraneous information on sigil creation removed.]


2022/11/05

[…]G'd i really need help. there's too much i dont know about this thing!! and i cant handle the apartment, the car and BINDING A DEMON, ALONE! im not experienced with this shit[…]

Addendum 7710.2

Sigil Base: LOCKED
Date: 2022/11/08
Effects: SCP-7710 breached containment causing minor damage to the Containment Wing.
Notes: Jr. Researcher Mordecai suffered from a chemical burn to his shoulder during the breach.

Email Logs 7710.2

To: Tyler O'Neil
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: Budget / Breach
Date: 2022/11/09
Time: 16:12


Tyler,

The decline of my researcher's health is starting to effect his work on SCP-7710. I'm sure you've heard of the recent breaches. I'm asking you to relieve some of Mordecai's financial burden.

Head Researcher Leah Królik
Department of Research, ARF-19

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Tyler O'Neil
Subject: Re:Budget / Breach
Date: 2022/11/10
Time: 08:15


Researcher Królik,

Sadly, I've heard of the breaches. I'm not sure if the facility has enough funds to increase Jr. Researcher Mordecai's pay especially after the rhino destroyed part of Wing-B. I'll do a little digging and see if there's someone I can reach out to.

Tyler O'Neil
Financial Liasion, ARF-19 / Site-19

[…]ive avoided programming this sigil for the last week, i cant seem to sit down and read for longer than 5mins. my headspace feels polluted and sluggish[…]

Sigil Base: PURIFY
Date: 2022/11/19
Effects: SCP-7710 biohazardous sludge anomalously turned into corium.4
Notes: See Incident Report 7710.1 for more details.

Incident Report 7710.1

Security Footage (Video Only)


<Begin Log>


09:32: Testing commences on SCP-7710. The entity melts into corium.

09:33: The blast shields protect the researchers from the sudden radioactive burst. Containment Specialist Samson alerts the facility to a containment breach.

09:35: All personnel begin evacuating.

09:43: Jr. Researcher Mordecai trips and falls down. He tends to his ankle.

09:47: SCP-7710 breaches containment. Its original biohazardous exoskeleton has grown back. It ceases emitting radioactivity.

09:48: Mordecai weakly stands up and hobbles down the hall.

09:51: SCP-7710 sluggishly crawls down the hallway, still recovering from the meltdown.

09:55-10:04: Hopping into an empty conference room, Mordecai stretches his ankle. He pulls out a tube of eyeliner and writes around the bruise while muttering.

10:05: Roaring is reported to come from Temporary Containment Wing-B. Mordecai stands and flexes his ankle. He evacuates the conference room and heads toward the security checkpoint.

10:07: SCP-7710 barges down the hall, and into the open office floor. Despite Mordecai's prior injuries, he is able to run down the next hallway. The anomaly barrels after Mordecai.

10:08-10:15: The entity launches its biohazardous sludge at the researcher. The researcher cups his mouth and yells. A wall of light appears before him. The sludge is absorbed by the wall. Mordecai appears to be speaking while launching thaumaturgically charged spheres at SCP-7710, which explode on impact. The wall disapates. Recovering from the explosives, SCP-7710 continues to pursue Mordecai.

10:15: Mordecai reaches the security checkpoint. The vault doors are locked. The researcher uses the checkpoint intercom.


Intercom Recording


Mordecai: Anyone there?

Security: Yes. We aren't able to open the doors until SCP-7710 is re-contained. Please stand-by, there is a mobile task force on route to the site.

[Loud bellowing is heard through the intercom.]

Mordecai: Shit shit shit shit shit…

Security: Get yourself to safety and wait for rescue.

[The bellowing gets louder. Mordecai ends the call.]


Security Footage (Video Only)


10:18-10:23: The researcher turns and faces the anomaly again. Mordecai removes his lab coat, and rolls up his sleeves. He pulls out the tube of eyeliner again and frantically scrawls on both forearms. SCP-7710 launches refuse at Mordecai. The researcher's eyes begin glowing as he waves his hands, manifesting a wall of light. It absorbs the attack.

10:24-10:35: Mordecai strafes left. The entity rams into the doors. The researcher's eyes glow brighter and light begins to outline Mordecai's body. SCP-7710 recovers and appears to bellow. Mordecai yells and a shortbow made out of light appears in his hand. He points it at SCP-7710. Pulling on the string Mordecai manifests an arrow. He quickly lets out 3 arrows. The entity writhes as the arrows embed into its exposed flesh. Mordecai whispers into his left hand, summoning another thaumaturgical explosive orb. Throwing it in the direction of SCP-7710, Mordecai sprints and ducks behind a trash can. The footage washes out for a minute.

10:37-10:43: SCP-7710 recovers. There are two new cracks in its exoskeleton; it leaks crude oil. Mordecai de-summons the shortbow, centers his weight and begins to dance. The anomaly bombards Mordecai with refuse. The researcher's mouth moves as he extends his arms above his head. Light around Mordecai expands. A thick, wall of plasma expands and atomizes the refuse. Mordecai is overexposed for the rest of the footage.

[On site temperature read outs report an average increase of 5C site wide at this time. Containment Wing-B reports an increase of 7C.]

10:46-10:51: The anomaly struggles, dragging its mass toward the security checkpoint. Mordecai rushes toward SCP-7710. Light levels increase around Mordecai as he approaches the entity. An appendage flows out of him and makes a large fist. Upon impact with SCP-7710 Mordecai punches it. There is another bright flash and a report of an increase in heat. The rest of the footage is corrupted.


<End Log>


Jr. Researcher Mordecai was discovered unconscious, clothes burned, severely dehydrated, and covered in first degree burns. SCP-7710 was found contained in a dome of plasma. Scanners of the wing reported a gravity well localized to SCP-7710's center of mass.


Addendum 7710.3

Medical Report 7710.1

After gaining lucidity, Jr. Researcher Mordecai loudly requested drawing material and a meeting with Dr. Cornell, and Containment Specialist Samson.

Debriefing

Patient: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
Attending: Dr. Haskell Cornell, Containment Specialist Sif Samson
Date: 2022/11/25


Mordecai: (pulls out an envelope and hands it to Samson) These are plans for a gravity sigil that will anchor 7710. I can't be there to activate it, and the blueprint is incomplete; however, that sigil should give off enough passive emissions to hold the entity in place while I heal.

Samson: (takes the envelope) How do you know this'll work?

Mordecai: Because it already worked to recontain it. I need to speak to Dr. Cornell alone now.

Samson: Alright, we'll begin work immediately.

[Samson leaves the room.]

Cornell: Tell me what you remember.

Mordecai: Something went wrong with the sigil, and 7710 melted into nuclear sludge. Thankfully the blast shields were up, (wheezes) I tripped while evacuating and twisted my ankle. I don't remember much from then to when the rhino rushed me.

Cornell: Try to remember your fight with the rhino.

[Silence for roughly 2 minutes.]

Mordecai: I remember writing PSALMS…something, on my forearm, and GUIDANCE on the other. (pauses) There was yelling. The air around me got really hot and my skin started to burn. (shifts painfully) I wake up in here with an image in my mind's eye quickly fading. I don't recall much more.

Cornell: (nods) I'll speak with your supervisor on getting you access to the security footage.

Mordecai: Sweet Lord have mercy— I don't think I can handle that just yet.

Cornell: Of course, but I feel we should get a move on with the paperwork.

Mordecai: (painfully shifts in bed) That's fair. Now, please let me be alone.

Cornell: Understood. Have a good night Mordecai.

Mordecai: You too. (wheezes)

To: Tyler O'Neil
From: Head Researcher Leah Królik
Subject: Compensation
Date: 2022/11/27
Time: 07:44


Tyler,

Have you looked into financially compensating Mordecai for housing? He's shown himself more than capable in handling 7710's containment research and besides, he's been beat up enough already.

Head Researcher Leah Królik,
Department of Research, ARF-19

To: Head Researcher Leah Królik
From: Tyler O'Neil
Subject: Re:Compensation
Date: 2022/11/27
Time: 09:01


Researcher Leah,

There's been rumors going around my office about that. I'll reach out to Sandra at Site-19 and see if she can approve an emergency measure to cover the rest of Mordecai's lease.

Tyler O'Neil
Financial Liasion, ARF-19 / Site-19

To: Sandra Sanderson
From: Tyler O'Neil
Subject: Compensation
Date: 2022/11/27
Time: 09:05


Sandra,

It's come to my attention that Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder has expressed on numerous occasions that his issues with housing are distracting him from work. With the difficulty of containing a refuse demon at a small facility, and Mordecai being the only thaumaturge on-site, I feel this warrants emergency measures. I propose that the facility takes over the rest of his lease.

Tyler O'Neil
Financial Liasion, ARF-19 / Site-19

To: Tyler O'Neil
From: Sandra Sanderson
Subject: Re:Compensation
Date: 2022/11/27
Time: 11:15


Tyler,

What we've allocated for ARF-19's budget wouldn't allow for this. Sadly, 7710's breaches have evaporated most of the funds.

Sandra Sanderson
Department of Finance, Site-19

15:32: Mordecai is seated at a table alone in the media center. He's surrounded by sigil blue prints, books, and binders. Dark circles are under his eyes.

15:41: He falls asleep.

16:02: The sigil blueprint Mordecai is laying on top of begins to glow.

16:04: Edges of the blueprint start to smolder.

16:20: The paper catches fire and this wakes Mordecai. He removes his lab coat and beats the flames.

16:24: Mordecai successfuly extinguishes the fire. He cleans the mess, packs his things, and leaves.

To: Sandra Sanderson
From: Tyler O'Neil
Subject: Re:Re:Compensation
Date: 2022/12/01
Time: 11:24


Sandra,

I reached out to the head of food service at ARF-19. We were able to free up some of the facility's budget. Attached is our proposal.

Tyler O'Neil
Financial Liasion, ARF-19 / Site-19

[ARF19_food-service_budget]

P.S. It'll mean a lesser quality of food on-site. But I feel that that's a fair compromise to reduce the frequency of the rhino's breaches.

To: Tyler O'Neil
From: Sandra Sanderson
Subject: Re:Compensation
Date: 2022/12/01
Time: 12:43


Tyler,

This looks good to me.

Sandra Sanderson
Department of Finance, Site-19

To: Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder
From: Tyler O'Neil
Subject: Housing
Date: 2022/12/01
Time: 14:02


Jr. Researcher Mordecai Ryder,

I need to inform you that Auxillary Facility-19 will be taking over the rest of your apartment's lease. In the attached document is the relevent paperwork to fill out to apply for the emergency aid, as well as a list of what information your property management company needs to provide us with.

Get well soon,

Tyler O'Neil
Financial Liasion, ARF-19 / Site-19

[emergency-aid_2022.pdf]
[housing-info_2022.pdf]

After receiving news from O'Neil, there was a notable increase in Jr. Researcher Mordecai's mood. During which time the containment team rebuilt SCP-7710's cell using Mordecai's incomplete blueprints.

[…]i might've been using entirely the wrong language in programming the base. its a demon, but no relataed language is working. but as a manifestation of pollution. am i crazy to think that the demon is closer to science than theology? im going to put in a request for material on basic environmental science and physics[…]

Sigil Base: [mathematical formula on the rate of decay in chemical waste over the course of 48 hours]
Date: 2022/12/04
Effects: SCP-7710 biohazardous sludge begins to decay and slough off over the course of 48 hours.
Notes: After 48 hours SCP-7710 began the process of healing albeit at a slower rate than exhibited in the past.

it was math.




More by fairydoctor

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License