SCP-7659
rating: +4+x

ITEM #:

7659

CONTAINMENT CLASS:

SAFE

Special Containment Procedures: The public awareness is that the area in the radius of 1km surrounding SCP-7659 is undergoing an extensive private landscaping project and has been barricaded. As of 03 May 2010, Dr. Rodgings' proposal to cease all containment efforts concerning SCP-7659 has been approved. Any further research orders that require access to SCP-7659 are to be authorized by Dr. Rodgings.

Description: SCP-7659 is a small reception room situated directly beneath two meter diameter, 200km deep sinkhole located in █████████, East Yorkshire, England. Despite its depth, no physical damage is suffered by anything that impacts with the sinkhole’s base at maximum velocity. SCP-7659 features only a reception desk, similar in style to hotel kiosks, and a single polished oak door directly across. A human female appearing as roughly 40 years in age, designated SCP-7659-1, is permanently present behind the reception desk.

All subjects that have been observed in SCP-7659 have initially been given a verbal greeting by SCP-7659-1, which then asks the subject for a small blood sample, taken using a small knife-like instrument. SCP-7659-1 then places the sample in a machine of unknown nature and function, similar in appearance to an industrial food blender. 5-9 seconds after SCP-7659-1 activates this mechanism, a small screen on it's frame displays any integer of value above 0. What determines this number is not known. The machine then prints a small ticket with the displayed number on it which SCP-7659-1 gives to the subject. SCP-7659-1 then encourages the subject to enter the room beyond the singular door. The door closes and locks immediately upon entry and cannot be unlocked or broken down.

The appearance of the location after this point is unique for each subject and there is no pattern that can be used to predict what the location is. It is possible, as far as is observable, for the location to be situated anywhere at all and belong to any time. After a varying amount of time, the subject is always terminated in some way. After 3-10 minutes, the subject awakes in a different location, apparently unharmed and physically unaltered. The same sequence of events, designated SCP-7659-2, occurs the number of times equivalent to the number on the ticket given to the subject by SCP-7659-1. After this is completed the subject awakes in SCP-7659.

Using quark kinesis tracking, it has been determined that all instances of SCP-7659-2 do not take place on Earth.

SCP-7659 was discovered at 12 November 2007 when 52-year-old Patrick Leigh's corpse was found near its entrance. This came after a sparse series of reports to local media outlets of falling through the ground into a hotel reception room documented since 1972. Leigh apparently committed suicide via impaling his stomach with a nearby cut of slate. He was found holding a ticket numbered ‘79’. Supplementary investigation uncovered that Leigh had recently been arrested prior to his death by local security forces as a suspected serial killer responsible for the murder of 79 victims over a period of 6 years. It is uncertain whether there is any link between these statistics.

Addendum:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License