SCP-7542
rating: +24+x

Item #: SCP-7542

Object Class: Neutralized

Updated: Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7542 is no longer in the Foundation's possession. However, any information recovered that could be used to replicate an instance of SCP-7542 such as engineering logs, blueprints, and research notes must be seized and stored in the archives. Access to anything other than general information is restricted without Level 4 security clearance. Photographs and documents containing only general information may be accessed with Level 2 clearance. Class B amnestics are to be given to any unauthorized individual found to be in possession of material related to SCP-7542.

Description: SCP-7542 was an experimental supersoldier designed by the Valravn Corporation in 1964. According to GRU-P intelligence, the intent behind SCP-7542's creation was to produce an elite soldier that could both inflict and withstand heavy damage, even in the face of technological or numerical superiority. Their secondary objective was to produce an unquestionably loyal soldier, capable of obeying any order without question, and only answered to Valravn.

The identity of the subject used to create SCP-7542 remains unknown. Before augmentation, it was most likely a muscular caucasian male that was originally 1.82 meters in height. Valravn records suggest the subject was originally a decorated member of Spetsnaz, possibly having served in World War II, but this remains unconfirmed.

SCP-7542 was originally identified by the codename "Ymir" after the mythical father of giants in Norse Mythology.

Based on the available information, SCP-7542 would have been approximately 2.13 meters tall, easily dwarfing most unmodified soldiers.

This body was encased in heavy metal armor made of two layers of steel lined with kevlar, as well as another unknown material1. This effectively made SCP-7542 resistant to most conventional bullets. This armor was permanently sealed around the user, and equipped with a self-contained air filtration system. A small port at the back of the neck permitted access to a feeding tube.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILE IS LEVEL 2/7542 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS FILE WITHOUT LEVEL 2/7542 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

Addendum: Operation Brickwall

When the Tet Offensive began on January 31, 1968, America was ready to deploy every military resource it had into repelling the North Vietnamese Army. Soviet intelligence uncovered evidence of a transaction made between U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson and the Valravn corporation to deploy a then-unknown weapon into the city of Huế, which had been successfully occupied by the NVA.

An undercover GRU-P operative embedded in Valravn discovered the "weapon" was a mechanically augmented supersoldier nicknamed "Ymir." Soon pictures and videos of the soldier started to emerge. Reports of its devastating effects on the NVA reached GRU-P. The brass decided that this weapon was dangerous and needed to be destroyed. Termination orders were issued for Ymir and its creator.

The strike team Red Storm was deployed to Huế with the goal of carrying out the termination orders.

Task Force: Red Storm

Personnel:

Major Sergei Veronin: A longtime veteran of GRU-P since World War II. He had previously been involved in multiple classified operations across the Soviet Union. Surviving GRU-P records indicate that he operated in Korea and in the early stages of the Vietnam War.

Lieutenant Vasili Kestrov: former naval officer recruited after surviving an encounter with an unknown anomaly.

Sergeant Anya Moloknya: A marksman who held some notoriety in Red Storm, described by one of her peers as "Cold as ice, but she always has your back."

Sergeant Dmitri Tchaikovsky: Former military engineer with a skill for operating machinery. This reportedly gave him skills in working with radio equipment.

The following interview logs come from audio recordings of the team's debriefings after the mission. These have been translated from their original Russian and arranged to present a picture of events. The full unedited recordings are available in the archives.

ADDENDUM: AFTERMATH

GRU-P intelligence tracked Curtis to a secret lab hidden in a warehouse in West Berlin. Red Storm was deployed with orders to terminate Curtis and destroy all records of Project Jotunn. The following is a recording of the debriefing after the mission was completed.

President Lyndon B. Johnson, with assistance from the SCP Foundation, began working to discredit any reports of his deal with Valravn. Witnesses were pressed into signing NDAs while photographic and video evidence was seized.

The loss of Ymir, along with its creator and all information regarding its construction, resulted in crippling losses for Valravn in the following years. However, the company would begin to rebuild through investments in computer technology during the 1970s. This led to Valravn studying military applications for computers and eventually trying to integrate their components with the human body. This ultimately laid the groundwork for the cybernetic soldiers they employ today.


BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL

The following file is Level 4/7542 classified. Unauthorized access is forbidden.

7542

ADDENDUM: SCP-7542 Autopsy Report

Officially, Ymir's body was destroyed, per Kestrov's request. However, in secret, Captain Medved had an autopsy conducted on Ymir.

ADDENDUM: Operation Blackout

In 2015, operatives of the SCP Foundation tracked a cell of the Chaos Insurgency to an abandoned GRU-P black site in Belarus. In the ensuing raid, the MTF entered a laboratory containing the remains of human test subjects. No official records of these experiments existed, but reports found on-site indicated that it was being used as part of a GRU-P effort to produce a human weapon. A sealed coffin containing the heavily disfigured remains of a human cadaver was recovered.

Records found on-site indicated a GRU-P-backed effort to replicate the experiments that produced Ymir. The project had been authorized by Captain Boris Medved.

The body was transported to SCP Site-19 for further analysis. A year later, the Foundation was sent the following message:


The meeting took place three weeks later when Dr. Brandt met with the 05 Council. Ultimately the trade was accepted, and SCP-7542 was released in exchange for ███████.

« SCP-7541 | SCP-7542 | SCP-7543 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License