SCP-7475-J
rating: +278+x

Item #: SCP-7475-J

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7475-J is to be kept at Site 69 in a 6x6x6 meter suspended tank, filled with salt water derived from the Pacific Ocean, illuminated from within by experimental bioluminescent sources along corners. Tank is to be reinforced on all sides by one-meter thick steel slabs, the topmost of which shall be removed only for testing and feeding. Subject is scheduled for two meals of chum per day at eight hour intervals; hunger strikes are not tolerated and must be overridden by force if necessary. Enclosure is to be monitored by hidden waterproof cameras at all times; any attempts at tampering with these cameras will trigger deployment of all on-site nonlethal restraining units until the subject is reminded of its nature, followed by updates to incident report logs.

SCP-7475-J is to be made aware of its nature every two hours, regardless whether it has forgotten. Should subject refuse to hear out information pertaining to its identity, it is to be made aware by force. Owing to the regularity of severe self-harm, subject is scheduled for medical attention via subaquatic unit once every ██ hours.

SCP-7475-J is not allowed requests of any kind, irrespective recent good behavior.

Object Description: SCP-7475-J is a heavily mutated humanoid, discovered roaming the Pacific Ocean ██ miles off the ███████ coast in 20██. Subject stands at 2.3 meters tall and weighs 155 kilograms. Subject's skin is a deep gray with mottled darker patches, and continually secretes a moistening agent for up to ten hours when on land. Internal analysis has yet to identify which organs participate in producing this substance. Testing has found subject capable of withstanding ocean pressures at depths of up to 2000 meters, and recorded top underwater speeds of 45 knots per hour. The subject's respiratory system is highly unusual, shifting between typical mammalian tracheal respiration and ichthyoid gill-based respiration whenever it enters or exits a body of water. Additional biological anomalies include eyes reinforced against deep aquatic pressure and sensitive enough to function in near-dark conditions, webbed hands and feet, and the recent development of dermal denticles along the frontal abdomen. SCP-7475-J currently refuses to divulge any source for these mutations, though it has acknowledged itself as a mutated human.

SCP-7475-J refers to itself only as "Turbo Shark Pulverizer 6000", and identifies as the Shark Punching Center's top agent. In view of the subject's ceaseless demand for sharks to punch, recorded punching force at 8500 kilograms per square centimeter when attacking sharks or attempting to reach sharks, and discovery in the middle of fist-based battle with a shark, there is no reason to doubt these claims. SCP-7475-J will engage in any activities not relating to sharks only under careful coercion or bribery, and tests conducted in absence of sharks have revealed its baseline strength as inferior to unmutated specimens of lesser height and weight.

SCP-7475-J possesses a greatly limited mental capacity, demonstrating an intelligence quotient of 65, and behaves with aggressive single-mindedness, occasionally failing to register subjects other than sharks exist. Participants in conversational testing have reported dialogue with SCP-7475-J as "repetitive" and "grueling."

Addendum-7475-J-01: Prior to Incident 7475-J-AD3, subject was conditionally granted certain requests following staff review, as most of these were shark-based in nature, and typically did not pose any threat to staff, aside from the trouble in obtaining and shipping sharks for the subject to punch. However, on ██/██/20██, subject grew tired of waiting for the current request - a crocodile shark - and demanded a set of children's scuba gear with a shark motif. After review by Site Command, the subject's request was granted and delivered inside of 3 hours.

At 1300 hours, SCP-7475-J breached containment and ran amok in Site 69, waving the components of the scuba gear above its head and screaming frantically. Upon encountering any person, the subject would grab them, pin them against the wall, forcibly place the gear upon their head, and punch the victim in the face, producing explosive results across 95% of successful hits.

Incident lasted fifty minutes, during which time SCP-7475-J detained, masked, and punched ███ Foundation agents, researchers and doctors before sedation at distance and return to its containment chamber. Following incident, SCP-7475-J containment procedures were updated to reflect current request policy, and access to sharks restricted to designated testing hours.

Children's scuba mask was afterwards recovered fully intact despite the application of numerous skull-shattering punches to its lens. Requests to detain as an anomalous object currently pending review.

Addendum-7475-J-02: Prior to Incident 7475-GW6, the subject's tank was composed entirely of bulletproof glass, and minimal security spared towards the enclosure. One week after incident 7475-AD3, subject again breached containment. Video of the escape shows the subject ranting about Foundation members being part of the "shark-loving agenda" and randomly punching fleeing stragglers in the face, despite their distinct lack of similar appearance to or philosophical relation to sharks.

Subject's holding tank was afterwards fitted with steel slabs, as per new containment protocols.

Addendum-7475-J-03: After six containment breaches similar to Incident 7475-GW6 and multiple failed efforts to keep the subject contained via sedation despite thickening steel slabs after each recontainment, subject succeeded in a final breach during Incident 7475-QV8. Doctor Kerekes - at the time panicked and cornered by SCP-7475-J - erroneously informed SCP-7475-J that due to its skin condition and ability to survive underwater, it itself was part-shark. Upon receiving this information, the subject paused before becoming unresponsive to any other input, and began to repeatedly punch itself in the face.

Such definitely-worded speculation about SCP-7475-J's nature has proven an effective means of keeping subject from breaching containment, as it is regularly too occupied with defeating itself in mortal combat to engage in jailbreaking; however, the strength 7475-J exhibits when attacking sharks has led to minor brain damage, severe facial deformity, repeated bouts of amnesia, and an occasional loss of consciousness, necessitating new medical attentive procedures. Despite these injuries and risk to the subaquatic unit's safety during routine check-ups, Site Command has determined this fallout from the subject's never-ending war with itself is preferable to continued repair and cleaning costs following containment breaches.

Excerpt from Audio Logs during Incident 7475-QV8
SCP-7475-J: NO! I have to punch the sharks!
Dr. Kerekes: No, 7475-J, you are the sharks.

Addendum-7475-J-04: Though subject has neither confirmed nor denied speculation that the Shark Punching Center is responsible for its condition, the strong possibility of its mutation by the organization has necessitated Foundation attention. Requests to classify the Center as an official Group of Interest are currently under review.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License