SCP-7451
rating: +26+x
Item#: 7451
Level0
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
caution

Special Containment Procedures

The history written within this document is to be taught to personnel residing within SCP-7451, SCP-7451-P instances, and children born within Site 44. Thus, this file serves as a user-friendly and LEVEL 0 version of the internal SCiPNET file that Foundation officially uses; depending on clearance level, the reader may have seen different versions of the file. Information from versions of the file with higher clearances can be transferred to lower clearances with the approval of RAISA can never be transferred to lower clearances.

If you are viewing this and either have a higher clearance or are a Foundation employee, please consult the Site Director for the SCiPNET version of the file as soon as possible.

Description

See also: SCP-7451

SCP-7451 (also known as Original Site-44) is a Canadian charter school located in 54.499998 -105.675497298.

Descriptions of the location of SCP-7451 is semantically obfuscated 1; locating SCP-7451 requires the subject to have prior knowledge of the coordinates of SCP-7451.

It is not possible to describe the location of SCP-7451 to another person, but the semantic obfuscation effect does not apply to scales large enough to imprecisely describe SCP-7451's location (e.g., describing it as located within a country). This property of SCP-7451 used to be present within SCP-7451 pre-Foundation occupation[citation needed ].

SCP-7451 contains 4 floors. Each floor is further subdivided into 4 quarters, with mats made out of various furs on the floor. Material analysis of the mats reveal that they belong to different animals within the Arctic Circle, both extinct and living. Carbon dating of the mats reveal that they were made at different times, ranging from during the Last Glacial Period to pre-Foundation settlement.

Some quarters have various objects that mimic the surrounding fauna piled on the corners, while other quarters have walls of ice that Foundation interior design historian Alexandra Shirley theorizes to be a teaching implement to juvenile SCP-7451-P instances, due to the slight carvings in the wall 5. Other Foundation interior design historians, like Mark Smithson, theorize this to be a ritualized artifact for channelling ontokinetic energy 16

SCP-7451 currently functions as a temporary detaining centre for suspected GOI informants, anomalous individuals, and SCP-7451-P instances charged with various crimes within Site 44.

SCP-7451-P

See also: SCP-7451-P

SCP-7451 previously contained various instances of SCP-7451-P, Spheniscidae-resembling entities that have sentience2 and sapience3.

SCP-7451-P instances do not substantially differ from non-anomalous Spheniscidae, with 2 exceptions — the high amount of latent thaumaturgic energy within each SCP-7451-P instance, and a small, clear, round organ within SCP-7451-P. The Foundation theorizes that the SCP-7451-P instances use this object as a form of currency, although the economy of the SCP-7451-P instances is still unknown due to the reclusive nature of the SCP-7451-P instances. Mild suppression of an SCP-7451-P instance's latent thaumaturgic energy causes it physical pain; said activities are to be minimized.

The majority of SCP-7451-P instances have relocated within Site 44 and are Foundation employees, with 30% of SCP-7451-P instances occupying various positions within the Foundation, compared to 15% of Fae and 13.4% of human populations within Site 444.

SCP-7451-P instances that are interned within SCP-7451 for longer than 3 years begin to suffer from various mental illnesses, including but not limited to:

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Hallucinations
  • Psychosis
  • Cannibalism (against SCP-7451-P instances)
  • Human flesh consumption

There are no known methods to cure the symptoms from the SCP-7451-P instances, although Foundation researchers are studying various remedies similar to play activities performed by juvenile SCP-7451-P instances that have been found to reduce the onset of such symptoms.

Discovery and History of SCP-7451

SCP-7451 was discovered during a routine trip by RCMP officers on December 1950; previous reports of penguins existing within SCP-7451's general radius by townspeople were dismissed as local folk tales.

RCMP officers found that the initial contact with the SCP-7451-P instances were welcoming; they were offered various objects including "spherical, ice-like white objects", and the RCMP officers offered some of their coffee and cigarettes they were carrying at the time. This proved to be an essential demonstration of continued well-meaning interaction with the SCP-7451-P instances that led the SCP-7451-P instances to have a welcoming disposition towards humans in general.

Shortly after discovery of the area, RCMP officers (and by extension the Canadian government) assumed unofficial control over the area, with the promise of more cigarettes in exchange for protection offered by RCMP officers. The contract also stipulated the handout of more of the "spherical ice-like objects" provided by the SCP-7451-P instances, as they were an effective coolant for an RCMP officer's portable icebox.

Post-Occult War, due to an agreement between newly-elected Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, the Foundation, and other developed countries1, control of the area around SCP-7451 and similar areas was transferred to the Foundation, with an agreement of a 10-year transitional period between the Foundation and the Canadian government.

Initial contact with the Foundation was marked with hostility and aggression, with a minority of SCP-7451-P instances attempting to kill Foundation personnel[clearance locked ]. After MTF Fe-2 ("Bannock Brigade") was able to secure the area, a primitive Scranton Reality Anchor (SRA) was found to have caused nearby SCP-7451-P instances to enter into a rage state8[clearance locked].

With the collaboration of multiple SCP-7451-P instances, the broken proto-SRA was removed. This resulted in positive relations with the Foundation, with the Foundation offering various protective services in exchange for the same objects the RCMP officers were given. Through this agreement (in addition to the positive relations the Foundation has established with SCP-7451-P instances), the construction of Site 44 began.

Construction of Site 44

During construction of Site 44, some remnants of the malfunctioning proto-SRA manifested within the construction site, causing hired SCP-7451-P instances to attack Foundation construction workers6. With the help of the local SCP-7451-P instances, the Canadian government, and RCMP officers, the attacks against Foundation construction workers were minimized.

The ice-like object that the SCP-7451-P instances offered to the Foundation was found to be a potent thaumaturgic conduit. Due to this discovery, the Foundation created three objectives to be fulfilled by Site 44, including but not limited to:
1. The study of the ice SCP-7451-P instances produce, (referred to as Empyrean ice)
2. The improvement of living conditions within and around Site 44 through modernization and industrialization.
3. The industrialization of Empyrean ice.

As of 2019/09/23, 2 out of the 3 goals are fulfilled[clearance locked ].

On 2000/07/20, due to the low amount of injuries reported on-site, in addition to high return on investment compared to sister sites, Site 44 was officially integrated into the Foundation Network, becoming the 899th site within the Foundation.

The number 44 was taken to reference a local site that helped them out during the Site 44 Construction Riots.

Site 44 Construction Riots

See also: Site 44 Construction Riots

Pre-Riots, various work ethic violations and contract violations were being performed against SCP-7451-P instances[clearance locked\ ]. An internal Ethics Committee investigation post-riots reveals egregious Foundation work policy violations9, unauthorized salary reductions, and an unsafe work environment leading to deaths on Site 4415.

Various anomalous being rights abuses also occurred within the construction sites, notably juvenile labour and the creation of a mass grave[citation needed ] for juvenile labourers that died due to work injuries[clearance locked]11.

This led to severe unrest among the SCP-7451-P instances. Various protests were held against the Site Director. According to a survey conducted by the Foundation, most formal complaints against the Site Director felt like it was being ignored[clearance locked][citation needed ].

Some complaints did reach the Site Director — for example, a complaint on the unsafe working conditions SCP-7451-P instances were subjected to was received, and its suggestions for safer work environments was implemented. A survey by the Statistics and Site Approval Committee within the Foundation revealed that compared from previous years, the Foundation's approval rating dropped from 1% compared to 2%.

On 1986/05/04, a group of SCP-7451-P instances called Iliarjuk Atirtaq (GOI-440) attacked the South-East and South-West construction sites. GOI-440 quickly gained an advantage over the Foundation construction workers due to the group's profiency with the local terrain, and MTF Fe-2 was sent to disarm GOI-440. However, the ontokinetic abilities of GOI-440 made it difficult to disarm the SCP-7451-P instances, and after GOI-440 established its presence within the construction site, it started establishing various work encampments within the construction sites.

The work encampments were designed for captured individuals to gather food and take care of juvenile SCP-7451-P instances. According to one of the members of MTF Fe-2,

"We were forced to dig for various root vegetables; […] in addition to dismantling the machinery […] we were also asked to cook for the SCP-7451-P instances.

Due to the overwhelming opinion of the Foundation to cease negotiations with GOI-440, in addition to the SCP-7451-P instances's inability to disassemble the machinery because of the instances's biological differences compared to non-anomalous humans12, few machineries were ever disassembled.

An internal Foundation audit conducted post-Riots10 found that 10% of captured Foundation officials were injured within the camps, while 1% died due to overexposure to the environment. 87% of the Foundation officials captured admitted to doing nothing within the work encampments. The remaining 2% of Foundation officials refused to comment on the quality of the SCP-7451-P work encampments.

Site 44 called for backup once it was known to upper management that MTF Fe-2 was unable to disarm GOI-440. Only Site 43 was willing to respond to Site 44's backup calls. This is due to multiple reasons, including but not limited to the treatment of Areas (as Site 44 was called Area CND-IND before their inauguration) as a temporary unit leading to Sites generally ignoring calls for assistance, the lack of resources required to send over a substantial MTF unit to disarm GOI-440, and the unwillingness of some sites to disarm SCP-7451-P instances.

Site 43 (with their expertise in the use of memetics in warfare) inoculated MTF Fe-2 against common ontokinetic attacks that GOI-440 was using against the Foundation. MTF scout units were able to retrieve various information about GOI-440 within the South-West and South-East construction sites; one such information is the spread of SCP-7451-P-supportive propaganda within the area, including but not limited to the idea that the Foundation was hosting more mass graves within the other two sectors[clearance locked\ ]13[wrong citation?\].

In response to the gathered information, Site 43 deployed various counter-propaganda memes that lead SCP-7451-P instances to forget or misremember the propaganda of GOI-440. Initial tests of the counter-propaganda memetics required the use of juvenile SCP-7451-P instances; multiple SCP-7451-P instances were asked to hand over juveniles for study, with various compensations to adults if the instances do.

On 1988/03/12, after gathering more intelligence and waiting for the Site 43 Memetics Department to finish developing the counter-memes, the Foundation proceeded to enter the South-West Sector to disarm some low-ranking members of GOI-440, along with serving as a field test for the various memetics Site 43 has designed. Due to GOI-440's lack of knowledge regarding modern military tactics, the South-West construction site was seized, and GOI-440's encampment within the South-West construction site was disarmed.

Restocking for supplies and for more intelligence, 2 days later, the Foundation proceeded to launch a larger armed force to the South-East Sector, with a larger group of MTF Fe-2 and SCP-7451-P volunteers. Compared to the previous disarmament, GOI-440 was more familiar with the tactics used by the Foundation. However, due to the knowledge of the local volunteer SCP-7451-P instances with the Foundation, various dangers the Foundation faced, including traps, ambushes, and ontokinetic attacks, was either avoided or mitigated.

Finally, on 1200 1988/03/15, the South-East construction site was recaptured, placing all of the Site 44 construction site under the Foundation once more.

Casualties were minimal on the Foundation's side, with 10 injuries and 1 death resulting from the disarmament. However, multiple casualties within the SCP-7451-P population were noted, with 20% of male adult SCP-7451-P instances dying due to the disarmaments, 30% of male adult SCP-7451-P instances dying due to further complications within the raid, 10% of juvenile SCP-7451-P instances dying, and 45% of juvenile SCP-7451-P instances being injured.

After the Riots, more surveillance technology to monitor the various activities GOI-440-affiliated SCP-7451-P instances and other similar SCP-7451-P instances that demonstrate similar behaviours. The counter-memetic memes that Site 43 contributed was repurposed to boost the approval rating of the Foundation among SCP-7451-P instances.

This was demonstrated in a survey post-Riots, where the approval rating of the Foundation changed from 1% of SCP-7451-P instances, to 65% of SCP-7451-P instances14.

The Foundation has maintained the approval rating, with an acceptable margin of error.

The Site 44 Construction Riots are remembered as a formative event in the history of the Site; there is a museum near the Foundation offices dedicated to a retelling of the events during the Riots, and various administrators like the Site Directors of both 43 and 44 will talk about the officials that made sure the other sectors were still in operation when the Riots were occurring.

Due to the unique circumstances surrounding the Riots, a higher-than-average amount of Foundation Medal of Honours were distributed among Foundation members who participated in the disarmament of GOI-440.

Canadian Site 44

See also: Site 44 (Canada)

Expanding on the initial anomalous behaviour of SCP-7451, Site 44 is enveloped within a semantic field that renders individuals not part of the staff structure of Site 44 unable to find the precise location of Site 44 without prior knowledge of the location taught by the Foundation.

Due to this unique constraint, Foundation Site Architects took inspiration from landmark-based urban planning theories like Traditional Chinese Medicine and Neoclassical-Mabean architecture to create a Site where navigation is done through using landmarks as an absolute reference.

On the centre of the Site, serving as the landmark of Site 44, is SCP-7451. Due to the number of incarcerated individuals, a building beside SCP-7451 is being constructed to house a larger number of said individuals. The anomalous effect SCP-7451 exerts over the site is augmented with various Scranton Reality Buoys, while the range and strength of the anomalous influence is controlled by Scranton Reality Anchors.

Site 44 is also divided into 4 sectors, each possessing their own landmark. In between the sectors are large highways that move supplies inside and outside the Site. Each road is named after the direction they are placed in.

The North-West Sector is the residential area of Site 44. It is further divided in Foundation and civilian areas, with high populations of Fae and Yeren immigrants that live within it. A statue of a human Foundation official serves as the landmark of this sector, to commemorate the various workers that helped build Site 44. Within the sector are the houses, placed in a grid formation.

The North-East Sector is the recreational sector, alongside serving as the testing area for applications and products made with Empyrean ice. A night market made up of various foreign street food like Mediterranean, English, and American food is the designated landmark of this area. Within the sector, various businesses that sell experimental products are placed in a grid formation.

The South-West Sector is the main entrance and exit to Site 44. The administrative building where policies regarding Site 44 are passed is the designated landmark of this area. Within the sector, surrounding the landmark, are automated defence systems, in addition to an underground bunker where Foundation officials perform Foundation duties in.

The South-East Sector is the industrial area of Site 44, serving as the Research and Development section of Site 44. The neomodern building where Foundation and civilian officials research various products related to Empyrean ice is the designated landmark in this sector. Within the sector, various traditional houses of the SCP-7451-P instances are placed on a grid formation.

Effects of SCP-7451 on Site-44

Recently, the inherent effects within SCP-7451 have begun to strengthen and expand; during a routine patrol by some MTFs on 2010/10/25, some members got lost for 4 hours and were unable to return back to their quarters.

During an inspection within the Research and Development Department, various hallucinatory effects including but not limited to auditory hallucinations of screams, visual hallucinations of bodies, and mass hysteria regarding a mass grave of SCP-7451-P bodies living under the south-east sector were reported on by MTFs. Subjects with a Cognitive Resistance Value (CRV) higher than 2.1 were able to resist the effect.

It was soon discovered that the effects of SCP-7451 were strongest around the south-east sector; it is suspected that the high amount of Empyrean ice stored in there causes the extension of SCP-7451's effect within the sector, possibly in conjunction to the graveyard that resides within the sector.

Thus, various relocation procedures were done to ensure that SCP-7451's effects were localized to the original area of SCP-7451. Although there was some opposition coming from various groups7 [unreliable source? ], including local SCP-7451-P instances, on the whole, the majority of residents within SCP-7451 including 90% of SCP-7451-P instances agreed to the relocation.

It was also found that the installation of large SRAs causes SCP-7451's effects within the site to be minimized. Despite some protests within the local SCP-7451-P community, other citizens along with Foundation officials and other SCP-7451-P instances agreed to this procedure, citing various concerns regarding the destruction of the Site if SCP-7451's effects were left to spread.

Furthermore, SCP-7451's effects expanded to memory manipulation; various employees within the Foundation, in particular a majority of SCP-7451-P instances, remember a falsified version of history where the Foundation created a pile of SCP-7451-P instances created from old SCP-7451-P instances that generates Empyrean ice[clearance locked ]. Although various amnestics were useful in erasing said memories, it was soon found that the education of the Foundation's role in assisting in the history of SCP-7451 and Site-44 was effective in reducing the memory manipulation effects of SCP-7451; thus, this file was soon created to teach the accurate history of both SCP-7451 and Site-44.

Due to the quick efforts of the Site Director, the potential scenario of SCP-7451's effects harming Foundation officials was minimized. No such proof of a mass grave under the south-east sector of Site 44 was found[citation needed ][clearance locked ].

See also:

Site-43

Bibliography
1. McDoctorate, P. Nov 2016. Obfuscation and Encryption of Semantic Concepts. Journal of Memetics, p. 17-24.
2. Eigenwaltz, G. Oct 1944. Weber-Schultz Test of Sentience. Journal of Abnormal Studies.
3. Seindel, B. Dec 1940. Weber-Bauer Sapience Exam for Abnormals. Journal on the Investigation of Abnormals.
4. Robertson, N. Dec 2012. Site-44 Statistics. Foundation Site Statistics, p. 136-150.
5. Shirley, A. Jul 1990. Interior Design History. Aesthetistician Analysis Zine, p. 37-39.
6. Sulijuq, I. Aug 2012. A Material Analysis of the Site 44 Construction Riots. Anomalous Philosophy and Worldview, p. 32-40.
7. Cook, F. Sept 2010. Survey on the Relocation of SCP-7451-P Burial Sites. Anomalous Philosophy and Worldview, p. 10-15.
8. Scranton, R. Jun 1943. Effects of Malfunctioning Scranton-Carl Reality Anchors on Various Abnormalities. Journal of Abnormal Science, p. 10-13
9. SCP Foundation. Internal Work Policy Regarding the Treatment of Anomalous Individuals and Groups.
10. Borges, J. Jan 2008. First-Hand Accounts of the Site 44 Construction Riot Work Encampments. Foundation-al Events — Analysis and Evaluation, p. 32-38.
11. Qanipaat, K. Mar 2008. An Investigation In The Alleged Mass Graves Pre-Construction Riots. Foundation-al Events — Analysis and Evaluation, p. 20-25.
12. Herrman, K. Feb 1950. A Biological Analysis of the Abnormalities Found Inside Area CND-IND. Biology of Abnormalities, p. 10-16.
13. Raynard, W. 1960. Various Strategies on the Memetic Control of Information Amongst Sentient and Sapient Abnormalities. Journal of Abnormal Science, p. 10-20.
14. John, K. Dec 1990. Foundation Area Statistics — Area CND-IND. Foundation Site Statistics, p. 200-210.
15. Cimmerian, J. Dec 1995. Ethics Committee Inquest on the Working Conditions of Area CND-IND. Ethics Committee Survey, p. 45-55.
16. Smithson, M. Jul 2000. SCP-7451 and Its Interior Design — A Response to Alexandra Shirley. Aesthetistician Analysis Zine, p. 37-39.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License