SCP-7388
rating: +12+x
WebUpClose.jpg

Small section of SCP-7388-1.

Item #: SCP-7388

Object Class: Euclid1

Special Containment Procedures: A stone wall perimeter has been constructed around SCP-7388 to limit risk of exposure. Any civilian attempting to breach the perimeter is to be turned away or detained depending on discretion.

SCP-7388-A is to be observed regularly for deviations in its behavior. In the event SCP-7388-A becomes hostile to Foundation personnel or attempts to breach containment, stricter containment protocols are to be enacted.

Description: SCP-7388 refers to a two-story building located within the outskirts of Rishtan, Uzbekistan. While SCP-7388's architecture is reminiscent of those belonging to the 14th century Timurid empire, its materials (wooden frames, clay and air bricks etc.) have been dated back as recent to the 20th century. All preexisting roads and pathways leading to SCP-7388 have been destroyed prior to Foundation contact.

The interior of SCP-7388 is derelict, exhibiting signs of extreme dust build-up and damage expected for its age. Many loose objects and furniture are wrapped in or suspended by strands of silk, designated SCP-7388-1. SCP-7388-1 is nonflammable, nigh-resistant to physical damage, and possesses incredible tensile strength. SCP-7388-1 is in an overabundance inside SCP-7388, typically filling up half or entire areas of the interior. Despite SCP-7388's poor state of condition, no signs of animal infestation are present, with SCP-7388-A being the sole inhabitant of the building.

SCP-7388-A is a male specimen of the domestic silk moth (Bombyx mori). While SCP-7388-A's exact properties remain unclear due to its uncooperative nature, it has been witnessed performing the following anomalous feats:

  • Abstaining from nourishment and rest for extensive periods of time without consequence;
  • Lifting and manipulating large heavy objects with ease than its muscles should allow;
  • Possess a higher form of intelligence than expected of its species;
  • Capable of producing strands of SCP-7388-1 from its body on command. SCP-7388-A can also interact with SCP-7388-1 freely as if it were non-anomalous silk;
  • Teleportation (unconfirmed);2
  • Theoretically biologically immortal.

As of the time of writing, SCP-7388-A has been exclusively residing inside SCP-7388 and hasn't attempted leaving the property once in its containment history.

Addendum-01, History: The Foundation became aware of the existence of SCP-7388 when rumors of an "impenetrable house" began to circulate in neighboring communities. After these reports were confirmed, SCP-7388 was acquired by the Foundation under the guise of a buyout. Upon application of containment protocols an exploration into SCP-7388 was authorized; the sole entry available was the anomaly's secondary chimney.3

The exploration team soon took notice of SCP-7388-1. Not only were all windows and exterior doors covered, but SCP-7388-1 became highly obstructive to the point that a thorough search would prove impossible. To combat this, a MTGR4 was utilized but still encountered great difficulty in navigating the interior. Eventually, the drone made its way down the stairwell to the first floor, gaining access to the living room and a conjoined residential blacksmith workshop. The latter room was where the exploration team first encountered SCP-7388-A.

Intrigued, the Foundation attempted to communicate with the entity. Although SCP-7388-A acknowledged this, the entity refused to respond and has resisted all attempts of extraction thus far. Next, it was decided that observing SCP-7388-A's behavioral patterns was the best course of action. When left uninterrupted, SCP-7388-A will regularly engage in the production of bladed weaponry and other crafts through the use of the workshop. While the entity performs this action at a rapid pace, the items produced will always be inconsistent and be varied in levels of quality. This usually results in SCP-7388-A expressing immense displeasure and tossing the product aside in a pile to be reheated at a later date. In addition, it has been witnessed consuming large amounts of nectar and fermented fruit near the grinding wheel, pausing and thrashing around violently. It still has displayed no interest in leaving the studio.

Just before the day the drone was ordered to be pulled out, the exploration had noticed that, in certain areas of SCP-7388, tied together beside other miscellaneous objects on SCP-7388-1 were a series of swords of archaic design. This fact was going to be dismissed until it was realized that these swords featured hieroglyphs stylized as engravings, all of which depicted SCP-7388-A in various activities.

Using several dating systems, these swords were organized in chronological order:

Sword Hieroglyph Location Notes
Khopesh The scene depicts a group of silkworms chasing out a larger silkworm with a human brain and torch hovering over their head out of a tree. This silkworm is then seen traveling a desert landscape away from the Great Sphinx of Giza. Upstairs Hallway. This sword is the oldest object inside SCP-7388.
Kopis The famished silkworm is flying away, finding shelter in a cave from soldiers bearing the Vergina Sun on their chest. An equally famished feline bearing a gray-brown color scheme is also in the cave. The silkworm panics and tries to flee when the feline lies on its back, exposing its belly to it. The silkworm visibly relaxes as they both huddle up close and watch the soldiers far away. Washroom Closet. Unlike the other swords, this is hung by a pair of golden hooks.
Shamshir The silkworm and sand cat are exchanging leaves and rodent carcasses to each other. As the two consume their meal, the silkworm looks to a settlement in the distance. Kitchen. The entire room is filled to the brim with SCP-7388-1 and cannot be accessed.
Scimitar The silkworm and the feline are seen purchasing a house. While walking through the market the silkworm spots a man engaging in the act of blacksmithing. A torch hovers over their head again as they engage in blacksmithing with a line of people forming in front of their house. The feline rubs their head against the silkworm affectionately as the latter works. Master Bedroom. The room had two beds, both extremely small in size and pressed in against each other.
Sabre The silkworm and feline are fleeing a settlement as soldiers dressed as Mongols attack it. They are about to reach a clearing when a pointed line hits the feline, killing it. A rain cloud appears above the silkworm's head as it rests on top of the feline. The next scene depicts staring at a pair of oncoming Mongolian soldiers; a thunder cloud is hovering above the silkworm. Underneath the stairwell. The hieroglyphs appear to have been inscribed on the sword long after it has been created. The item is also coated in dry human blood.
Longsword The silkworm is blacksmithing alone when a letter is present on the anvil. The letter is opened and features the iconography of a hammer and sickle. A speech bubble featuring knives and swords being produced by blacksmithing superimposed by a "⊘" hovers over the letter. The silkworm sits on their porch with a rain cloud over the head as it stares from their porch. It is alone. Living room. Found in a trashcan, alongside advertisements signs written in Uzbek.
Indiscernible; blade is missing. The silkworm blacksmithing in the workshop. The faint outline of a feline-shaped figure is nearly scratched out. An olive tree is in the distance. Above the entrance leading to the workshop. The sword is severely damaged.

Addendum-02, Interview: More than a month after containing SCP-7388, during a routine exploration of the living room, the drone discovered that a hole had been cut into the SCP-7388-1 strands blocking the workshop's entrance. Upon spotting the drone, SCP-7388-A verbally addressed it while gesturing to come closer with its hammer. Surprised by this deviation of behavior, Dr. Fadel scheduled an interview with the entity.



SCP-7388-A immediately escorted the drone to the living room after the interview, repairing the hole on the entrance's barrier. The entity was seen frequently staring out one of the windows afterwards, particularly towards a withering olive tree present on the property. An irregularly-shaped pile of dirt was underneath the tree. When SCP-7388-A was distracted, Foundation personnel quickly excavated the area, uncovering the remains of an adult female Turkestan sand cat. Two foreign objects were present on the corpse, an arrowhead embedded deep into its lungs and a ring fastened on one of its front toes.

Addendum-03, Final Experiment: Following the failure of obtaining further information related to SCP-7388-A, the Foundation debated on reallocating resources given to research to containment-related matters instead. However, before the decision could be finalized, Dr. Fadel wished to conduct one final experiment with the anomaly. The parameters had yet to be made at the time, but involved the introduction of a foreign subject inside SCP-7388.

Although there was much skepticism, Dr. Fadel justified his proposal citing his first-hand experience with the anomaly. That, combined with the lack of risk involved, convinced the Foundation to approve the experiment. Below is the abridged timeline of events:



Addendum-04, Update: SCP-7388-A had exited SCP-7388 in a calmly manner and formally communicated with members of staff in regard to adjusting the conditions of its containment. These adjustments detailed that both SCP-7388-A and its "companion" would be allowed freer range of movement as well as access to higher quality amenities. In exchange the entity will continuously remain in the containment perimeter and be required to divulge all knowledge and experiences it has learned over its lifespan.

These adjustments were initially contested, until SCP-7388-A delivered "a sample", several stacks of documents, to the research team. These documents discussed a wide variety of topics including but not limited too: Locations and sightings of previously unknown anomalies, more in-depth knowledge on the study of Beryllium bronze, and first-hand accounts on significant events that had occurred in the Middle East, with some gaining insight or disproving certain well-known events. This, in addition to SCP-7388-A's pacifistic-leaning nature, was convincing enough to begin the process of slowly implementing these adjustments.

SCP-7388-A also turned over a hand-written note and requested it be delivered to Dr. Fadel, alongside a homemade ring with a screw built into it. The note was written in English:

Who said I couldn't be a writer too?

I apologize if our first encounter went awry. I was not in the best mindset to begin with, but you already knew that. Most people these days underestimate the true value of people. Due to who I was, my "friends" were few and far between. But she was undoubtedly the best, perhaps even more than that. Only a shame I learned that far after the fact.

I still think about her sometimes. How I keep fretting myself awake over what I could've and shouldn't have done. It's a wound that only time can heal, or at very least lessen its sting. I cannot believe I was so content to remain engulfed in this cocoon I wrapped myself in if it were not for Mohira.5 Her light may not be as bright as my beloved, but it is just as warm.

I know I will lose her again. I love her with all my heart, but I know I will outlive her a thousand times over. But I cannot afford to be consumed by it. It'll be years from now but it will come one day. I don't know if I'll be completely ready when it comes but I will never keep her for granted. I promise to spoil her right. And maybe in stranger days I will be treated to that same fate. But I will smile, and so will they.

Take it from the old man himself. Nothing last forever. So why not do me a favor and make it count.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License