SCP-7360
rating: +31+x

Item #: SCP-7360

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7360 is to be stored within a high-security electronics storage container within the electronics storage wing of Site-19. Use of SCP-7360 in the interrogation of deceased persons of interest by Foundation personnel is currently approved by the site Ethics Committee on a case-by-case basis.

Description: SCP-7360 consists of a Raspberry Pi computer encased in black plastic. Within this casing is an inlay of obsidian in which multiple thaumaturgic symbols are carved. These symbols are noted to be of frequent use in the school of thaumatology known colloquially as “necromancy” and are believed to serve as a supporting circuit system of some kind. Additional components of SCP-7360 include an electroencephalography headset, and a video projection system. These latter two components are identical to common commercially available models and do not appear to be in and of themselves anomalous.

On the side of SCP-7360’s casing is a slot for the insertion of a small capsule for the delivery of thaumaturgic components on which SCP-7360’s anomalous effect functions. These capsules, twenty of which were acquired at the time of SCP-7360’s discovery, were filled with a complex series of biologic and inorganic compounds that included, but was not limited to1:

  • Sodium Chloride.
  • Tallow Candle Wax.
  • Human Blood.
  • Water.
  • Potassium Carbonate.
  • Leaves of Sage2.
  • Leaves of French Lavender3.
  • Mercury.
  • Gold.
  • Silicon Dioxide.
  • Diamond.

Foundation Anomalous Materials have successfully managed to synthesize this mixture in the correct ratio to replicate the effect, allowing for ongoing study of SCP-7360 without the need for full rationing of SCP-7360 activation events.

SCP-7360’s main anomalous effect becomes apparent when the headset is placed upon the head of a recently deceased person4. Upon activation, the contents of SCP-7360 component capsules will be consumed, and a projection of the deceased person’s consciousness will be made upon any nearby surface by the projector. These projections are fully capable of speech and can interact vocally with the world around them. Knowledge possessed by the projection is limited to that which the individual held in life, with repeated uses of SCP-7360 on the same corpse indicating failure of knowledge retention between activations. Projections have proven incapable of willfully withholding information requested by an operator, with direct statements as to whether an inquiry exceeds their realm of knowledge, or if the piece of information has been forgotten to them. Additionally, projections created by SCP-7360 lack any speaking characteristics or personality traits the deceased possessed in life, with the projection speaking in a monotone throughout the duration of its existence.

Each activation of SCP-7360 lasts between 30-60 minutes, with session duration shortening in proportion to the data complexity the projection is asked to retrieve.

Addendum 7360-1: Discovery

SCP-7360 was initially discovered on 31-10-2022 by members of MTF Mu-3 ("Highest Bidders") during a raid on a known Marshall, Carter and Dark Ltd. storage facility. Investigation by Mu-3 operatives post-acquisition suggests that the object was a prototype that was never fully placed onto auction following several failures during the testing of the object. A brief collection of communication acquired during this investigation is included below:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License