SCP-7353
rating: +25+x

Item #: SCP-7353

Object Class: Euclid

Axe

Photo of SCP-7353 upon first containment.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7353 is to be contained in its containment chamber alongside Site-93's only printer, with the chamber filled with motion detectors to be activated outside of printing and testing. The motion detectors are connected to a site-wide alarm, which sends the Site into lockdown when tripped. Upon first entering Site-93 SCP personnel are advised to drop to the floor immediately upon hearing this alarm.
All forms of physical writing, and writing implements, are banned within Site-931. Any forms or documents that require being physically written must be forwarded to the Site-93 transcription team, who will check the document before printing it remotely. Additionally, Site-93's mail must be processed 1km from the main building and checked under the same scrutiny as forms printed within the Site, or be scanned and sent digitally.


Description: SCP-7353 is an indestructible, sentient2 wood-cutting axe with duct tape covering the upper half of the handle. SCP-7353 is capable of anomalous self-propulsion, defying Newton's third law. SCP-7353 is able to launch itself with an initial impulse, the force of which appears to have no upper limit. SCP-7353 uses this ability to launch itself in a straight line (or arc) at written grammar mistakes made in the English language, within around 500 meters of it. The initial force that SCP-7353 launches with is enough to embed itself into the medium of the grammar mistake. Below is a list of known grammatical errors according to SCP-7353, testing was performed by a D-class who was instructed to make intentional grammar mistakes on a piece of paper across the room from SCP-7353. All staff present were aware of the tests and potential dangers in case of another security breach (see Discovery section / Incident SCP-7353-1).

A non-exhaustive list of "errors" according to SCP-7353:


  • Incorrect spelling3.
  • A sentence missing or misusing punctuation.
  • Unnecessary repetition of a phrase/word.
  • Sentence missing an Oxford comma4.
  • Garbage or unintelligible phrases.
  • Words using the Latin alphabet in languages other than English.

Discovery: SCP-7353 was placed into containment on 23/9/22 when it appeared in the Site-93 reception area, hereby known as incident SCP-7353-1. SCP-7353 appeared in front of Dir. Garion as they entered the site in the morning. Site Director Garion raised the alarm as SCP-7353 began to move around the site, targeting notebooks, sticky notes, test logs, and various other written documents containing both slight and major grammatical errors. A complete site breach was narrowly prevented due to Dir. Garion immediately taking action. However, SCP-7353 caused the death of 17 staff, and the destruction of 4 contained anomalies along its path around the Site.

After confirming the containment of the remaining SCP's, and assessing the damage done in the breach, a theory on SCP-7353's anomalous effects was deduced from investigating the path taken during the incident. Since confirming SCP-7353 reacts to all forms of grammatical errors, all writing and physically written notes have been banned within Site-93.

Addendum SCP-7353-1: Investigations were made by Dr. Sinclair after SCP-7353's apparent hesitation on whether or not the lack of an Oxford comma was a mistake, as they believed this could indicate SCP-7353 to be sentient. They took it upon themselves to explain verbally to SCP-7353, and then transcribe that the oxford comma was not a required grammatical element. After several hours of explanation, SCP-7353 no longer treated missing Oxford commas as a grammatical error.

After learning this, attempts were made to further communicate with SCP-7353, by writing questions and having two targets with “Yes” and “No” written onto them, Results of the written questioning went as such:

Dr. Sinclair: Can you understand me SCP-7353?
SCP-7353: “Yes”
Dr. Sinclair: Are you able to understand languages other than English?
SCP-7353: "No"
Dr. Sinclair: Would you be able to communicate through a more complicated method?
There is a brief pause before SCP-7353 moves again.
SCP-7353: "Yes"

Dr. Sinclair requested a containment chamber with large metal targets of letters and numbers connected to a computer terminal, to be constructed within Site-93. So that SCP-7353 could communicate in whole sentences. The day after the testing chamber was constructed, SCP-7353 was moved to a pedestal in the centre of the room, with the letters arranged on the wall to the left and ahead of it, Dr. Sinclair sits on a desk behind them to write questions on a paper pad, with a camera to record video able to see both walls of text.

Interview log 2
The interview is written from Dr. Sinclair's side for the sake of SCP-7353's ability to respond, SCP-7353 responds by hitting the targets corresponding to letters, which appeared on Sinclair's console.


Dr. Sinclair: Okay SCP-7353, I'm going to hope that this layout works for the sake of communication, can you confirm you can respond to what I'm writing?

SCP-7353 moves from their pedestal, towards the letters at speed, ricocheting off of them before falling to the floor.

SCP-7353: YES

Dr. Sinclair: Are you aware of what you are?

SCP-7353: AN AXE

Dr. Sinclair: Were you always an axe? How long have you been like this?

There is a short pause before SCP-7353 moves again.

SCP-7353: THEY MADE ME

Dr. Sinclair: Who's they?

No response from SCP-7353 for nearly five minutes, apart from vibrating occasionally.

Dr. Sinclair: A different question then, do you remember what you were before becoming an axe?

SCP-7353: HUMAN, YOUNG, NOT ALWAYS NICE.

Dr. Sinclair: Well nobody is always nice, do you remember your name?

SCP-7353: Q Q SOMETHING, CAN NOT REMEMBERRRRRRRRRRRRR

SCP-7353 manages to embed itself into the steel target of the "R", requiring it to be manually removed by Dr. Sinclair and nearby security staff, the interview is then continued.

Dr. Sinclair: Well, do you perhaps remember what you did before? Your job or education?

SCP-7353: STUDENT, ESSAY

Dr. Sinclair: You were a student studying essay writing? Or writing one before you were changed?

SCP-7353: WRITING, NEEDED HELP

Dr. Sinclair: You needed help writing your essay? Was it the people who changed you that you went to for help?

SCP-7353: YES, BUT FIRST I WENT TO THE LIBRARY, I NEEDED PRACTICE

Dr. Sinclair: Was it helpful?

SCP-7353: NO, I AM NO WRITER

Dr. Sinclair: I see, when did you meet the people that changed you?

SCP-7353: I LEFT LIBRARY BUT IT WAS NOT THE STREET, I WAS IN A FOREST AND NO DOOR WAS BEHIND ME. ONLY TREES, BIG ONES, AND A CABIN WITH A FAMILY AHEAD OF ME.

Dr. Sinclair: What do you remember about this family? Can you describe them?

SCP-7353: 3 O F T H E M THEM THE MTHEMTHEMTHEMTHEMTHEMTHEMTHEMTHEM

SCP-7353 ricochets between the letters spelling "them" at an increasing speed for nearly an hour, testing was concluded for the day due to safety concerns and to fix the damage done to the testing chamber.

INCIDENT SCP-7353-2: SCP-7353 breached containment at 08:07:16 on 17/12/22 and headed through the north wall towards the secondary site entrance5 passing through six walls on the way. Due to the alarms, most staff were able to avoid serious injury, however, 4 junior researchers in the hall adjacent to SCP-7353's containment obtained injuries ranging from a concussion to fractured ribs. SCP-7353 was found embedded into the torso of a Logistics team delivery driver, who had neglected to inform site staff about a tattoo on their lower back reading "I Ate'nt dead". The driver was the only casualty of this incident, and SCP-7353 was re-contained without further issue.

Interview log 3

Dr. Sinclair: Good evening SCP-7353, I'd like to talk again about what happened when you were in the forest. You don't have to describe those people, just tell me what happened. Can you do that?

SCP-7353: YES, I SAID THAT I WAS STUDYING, LEFT THE LIBRARY AND WAS THERE, AND ASKED FOR HELP.

Dr. Sinclair: How did they respond?

SCP-7353: THEY PROMISED TO HELP, AND TOOK ME INSIDE

Dr. Sinclair: Then what happened?

SCP-7353: THEY OFFERED TEA, I COULD NOT DRINK FROM STRESS, THEY LOOKED UPSET, I FELT BAD, NOW I AM GLAD I UPSET THEM

Dr. Sinclair: What happened after they brought you inside?

SCP-7353: THEY BICKERED, OVER WHO WOULD HELP ME, BUT WHAT WAS WEIRDER WAS ONCE THEY DECIDED AND TOOK ME OUTSIDE, THEY ALL SAID " WE PROMISE TO HELP YOU, SO IS OUR FAVOUR" AND THEN.

Dr. Sinclair: Then what?

SCP-7353: FUCKING. GRAMMAR.

Dr. Sinclair: SCP-7353 I am confused as to what you mean, what did they do after promising to help you?

SCP-7353: GRAMMAR, THEY TRIED TO TEACH ME GRAMMAR, DAMMIT, I ASKED FOR HELP AND THEY HELP ME WITH GRAMMAR, NOT THE FUCKING FOREST I WAS STUCK IN. IT FELT LIKE YEARS

Dr. Sinclair: You're saying you were at this house, studying grammar in the woods, for years?

SCP-7353: YES, WHEN I SAID THAT I WANTED TO GO HOME, THEY JUST SAID "WE PROMISED TO HELP" LOOKING CONFUSED WHEN I BEGGED. THEY DIDN'T LET ME LEAVE, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY DID GET BORED, FRUSTRATED, SLOWLY.

Dr. Sinclair: What happened when they got bored?

SCP-7353: SLOWLY, EACH LEFT, FIRST AFTER NEARLY A WEEK, NEXT AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE A MONTH. BUT THE LAST WAS PERSISTANT

Dr. Sinclair: Persistent how?

SCP-7353: WOULD NOT LEAVE LIKE OTHERS, BUT GREW IMPATIENT JUST AS THEY DID, MY LAST MEMORY IS THEM CURSING IN A WAY THAT MADE MY SKIN CRAWL, AS THEY WALKED TOWARDS WHERE THE OTHER TWO WERE CUTTING WOOD. I BREATHED A SIGH OF RELIEF THINKING THEY WOULD FINALLY BE DONE WITH GRAMMAR, AND LET ME HOME. THEN A WARM FEELING IN MY KNECK AND I BLACK OUT

Dr. Sinclair: I that the last thing you remember?

SCP-7353: LAST THING AS A HUMAN.

Dr. Sinclair: So next you woke up as an axe, then what?

SCP-7353: THEY WERE LAUGHING AT ME, SAID "NOW HE CAN BE AN EXPERT ON GRAMMAR"

Dr. Sinclair: So did they get rid of you? keep you? What happened next?

SCP-7353: THEY KEPT ME, FOR A LONG TIME, LAUGHED AT ME, USED ME TO CUT WOOD, TORTURED ME FOR MY YEARS OF MISTAKES.

Dr. Sinclair: I'm sorry to hear that, one more thing before we wrap up: It appears you can't see or hear anything, but you say you could when they transformed you, so how did that happen?

SCP-7353: I LOST MY SENSE OF TASTE AND TOUCH AS SOON AS I BECAME WHAT I AM NOW. WHILE MY VISION SLOWLY DETERIORATED OVER WEEKS, AS DID MY HEARING, BUT THAT LEFT MUCH SLOWER, I LOST TRACK OF TIME AS I DIDN’T FEEL TIRED OR HUNGRY, I COULD SENSE WRITING EASIER THAN I COULD SEE OR HEAR, AND NOW THAT’S ALL I HAVE, I COULD NOT SEE A THING BY THE TIME SHE ARRIVED, BUT I HEARD HER VOICE.

Dr. Sinclair: Who was "she"?

SCP-7353: LIKE THEM, I THINK, BUT NICER, SEEMED, MORE IMPORTANT.

Dr. Sinclair: What happened when she arrived?

SCP-7353: SHE SAID THAT THEY HAD BROKEN THEIR PROMISE, I HAD NOT BEEN HELPED AS THEY HAD SAID, "IT WAS HIS GRAMMAR HE NEEDED HELP WITH, HE IS NO BETTER AT THAT NOW THAN HE WAS BEFORE, A CRITIC IS NOT A WRITER" THEY WERE AFRAID, AND S H E GAVE THEM GOOD REASON TO BE, I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED, IF I COULD.

Dr. Sinclair: What happened after that? Did she take you?

SCP-7353: YES, BACK TO THE LIBRARY AT FIRST, BUT SHE DECIDED THAT IT WAS NOT RIGHT FOR ME, SHE TALKED TO ME, TOLD ME SHE KNEW A GOOD PLACE TO DROP ME OFF, I DIDN'T CATCH WHERE SHE SAID INTENDED TO LEAVE ME, OR IF SHE SAID ANYTHING ELSE, AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE IS AT ALL

Dr. Sinclair: Can you describe her at all SCP-7353?

There is a brief pause before SCP-7353 responds:

SCP-7353: NO, LIKE I SAID, BY THE TIME SHE ARRIVED I COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING AT ALL, I ONLY HEARD VOICES AND THEIR SCREAMS, HER VOICE SEEMED TO ECHO, IT WAS LIKE IT RANG IN MY MIND, NOT DULL LIKE THEIR FADING VOICES

Dr. Sinclair: I see, thank you for your time SCP-7353, if you think of anything else, let me know.

-End of Interview

Interview log 4

Dr. Sinclair: Good morning SCP-7353, how are you feeling today?

SCP-7353: GOOD, NOT SURE HOW LONG, BUT IT HAS BEEN PEACEFUL

Dr. Sinclair: That's good to hear, we were wanting to know more about "them" that you referred to before, would that be possible?

SCP-7353: NO, THEY ARE DEAD NOW, DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT THEM

Dr. Sinclair: I understand that SCP-7353, but if you tell us more about them then there's a chance we can make you human again, even the smallest details could be helpful.

There is a long pause, SCP-7353 is presumably ignoring the question.

Dr. Sinclair: Let's try something different then, tell me more about the time you spent in the forest, what did you eat?

SCP-7353: NOTHING

Dr. Sinclair: Didn't you say you had been there for years? you didn't get fed in all that time?

SCP-7353: THEY OFFERED FOOD, I REFUSED, POLITELY, JUST WANTED TO GO HOME, BEFORE I KNEW IT IT HAD BEEN SEVERAL DAYS WITHOUT FOOD, AND I FELT FINE, DIDN'T SEE THE NEED TO START EATING AGAIN

Dr. Sinclair: How did they react when you refused food?

SCP-7353: SEEMED UPSET, BUT DID NOT SAY ANYTHING, DIDN'T THINK MUCH OF IT.

Dr. Sinclair: Did you ever see them eat?

SCP-7353: SOMETIMES, DIDN'T SEEM LIKE IT WAS IMPORTANT TO THEM EITHER, MORE LIKE A WAY TO FILL THE TIME.

Dr. Sinclair: Did you ever hear them call each other names?

SCP-7353: DON'T THINK SO, THEY SEEMED TO BE ON GOOD TERMS MOSTLY

Dr. Sinclair: I mean did you catch what they were called, if any of them had names at all, can you tell me that?

There is a brief pause before SCP-7353 begins to move again, with a speed slightly increased compared to before.

SCP-7353:NO, I DIDN'T HEAR THEM REFER TO EACH OTHER AT ALL, NOT ONCE DID I HEAR A NAME CALLED TO ONE ANOTHER, OR HAVE THEM INTRODUCE THEMSELVES TO ME, I HADN'T NOTICED THAT.

Dr. Sinclair: I see, is there anything more that you can tell us about them?

SCP-7353: NO, I DON'T THINK SO, THEY WERE STRANGE I KNOW THAT MUCH, BUT IN WAYS I CAN'T PUT MY FINGER ON, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Dr. Sinclair: I see, well in that case this will be the end of the interview, thank you for your time SCP-7353.

As Dr. Sinclair moves to pack up, SCP-7353 begins to move again.

SCP-7353: CAN I ASK SOMETHING?

Dr. Sinclair: Of course, but I can't promise that I can answer it.

SCP-7353: WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

There's a few seconds of silence from Dr. Sinclair as they look at the monitor, before they write their answer.

Dr. Sinclair: I don't see why I can't answer that, my name is Dr. Emily Sinclair.

SCP-7353: WHAT ARE YOU A DOCTOR OF?

Dr. Sinclair: I have a Doctorate in English and a PhD in Esoteric Language Systems, why do you ask?

SCP-7353: YOU'VE BEEN TALKING TO ME FOR QUITE SOME TIME, AND YOU MADE ME REALISE I DIDN'T KNOW YOUR NAME, OR ANYTHING ABOUT YOU AT ALL

Dr. Sinclair: I see, well thank you for your time SCP-7353, that will be all.

Incident 7353-5: SCP-7353 breaks out of containment and heads in a straight line towards the main entrance, breaking through one wall6 colliding with and destroying an anomalous item that was temporarily registered as Item IX-4, a black orb of inch radius that absorbed all incident sound and light. Which was found in the home of the dead Anartist Joel Weathers. Initial tests had led researchers to believe it was indestructible, after the breach it was found that IX-4 was hollow, containing a scrap of paper saying "Sukz 2 Suck".

Interview log 6

Dr. Sinclair: I would like to ask you some slightly different questions today SCP-7353, consider it a change of pace.

SCP-7353: GO AHEAD, ASK AWAY

Dr. Sinclair: I'd like to ask why you "attack" grammar mistakes. Can you tell that you are doing it? Are you forced along and can only watch? or are you doing it by choice?

SCP-7353: FOR YEARS THE THREE OF THEM WERE TRYING TO TEACH ME BETTER GRAMMAR, HOWEVER AS THEY GAVE UP THEY BECAME, MORE CRUEL. INSULTING ME FOR MY INABILITY TO GET THINGS RIGHT. THEY KNEW HOW DEEPLY THEIR WORDS UPSET ME, AND MUST HAVE TOOK FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT WHEN CREATING MY NEW STATE

Dr. Sinclair: How do you mean?

SCP-7353: WHEN THERE IS A GRAMMAR MISTAKE NEAR ME, I HEAR THEIR VOICES, IT'S LIKE THEY NEVER DIED, SCREAMING INTO MY EAR, HURLING ABUSE AS I'VE NEVER DEALT WITH, BUT WHEN I MOVE AND DEAL WITH THE GRAMMAR MISTAKE, THEY STOP, I CAN'T EVEN HEAR ANYTHING IN THIS FORM, SO THE ONLY WAY I CAN "HEAR" ANYTHING IS WHEN THEY'RE HURLING ABUSE, IT DOESN'T STOP AS LONG AS THE MISTAKE IS WITHIN MY VISION.

Dr. Sinclair: Are you aware of the people you hurt on your path to the grammar mistake?

There is a long pause before SCP-7353 begins to move.

SCP-7353: I CAN NOT TELL THEY ARE THERE, I DO FEEL BAD KNOWING, BUT IT IS SO TERRIBLE, MY FATE IS ALREADY MUCH WORSE THAN THEIRS, AND I MUST DO WHAT I CAN TO ALLEVIATE IT.

Dr. Sinclair: I see, that will be all for now SCP-7353. I do wish you would give us a warning before you acted, it would save a lot of people a lot of harm.

Incident 7353-8: SCP-7353 breaks out of containment at 15:56:20, passing through seven walls of the site to reach D-7274, who was scrawling words onto the wall of his cell with faeces after exposure to SCP-████. Notably, SCP-7353 passed straight through Dr. Sinclair's chest while she was sorting documents in her office, killing them instantly. 3 other staff were injured due to the breach, and D-7274 was neutralized by Site Security as they attempted to continue writing on the wall.

Interview log 7
Note, this is the first interview of SCP-7353 without Dr. Sinclair, the interview was instead performed by Dr. Branch.

Dr. Branch: Good evening SCP-7353, I would like to ask you a few more questions today about the "she" you mentioned previously, would that be okay?

There is a long pause before SCP-7353 responds.

SCP-7353: WHO ARE YOU?? WHERE IS EMILY, WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THEM

Dr. Branch: SCP-7353you can tell it is a different person you're talking to compared to before?

SCP-7353: WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM, DON'T LIE, WHERE IS DR. SINCLAIR

Dr. Branch: I am sorry to tell you this but Dr. Sinclair passed away last month, when you last broke out. You went straight through her.

There is a long pause before SCP-7353 begins to move again.

SCP-7353: I AM SORRY

SCP-7353 falls to the ground, and remains unresponsive until the interview is formally concluded.

SCP-7353 has not responded to any further interview attempts, or reacted to any grammatical errors since this interview, remaining motionless or vibrating occasionally. The rule against writing within Site-93 is to remain in place until further notice.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License