SCP-7167
rating: +7+x
SCP-7167DronePhoto.jpeg

Photo taken by a drone from the interior of SCP-7167.

Item #: SCP-7167

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: A 40-kilometer perimeter must be maintained at all times around SCP-7167. Any new structures, including any new industrial or urban instances of SCP 7167-A, must be taken note of and cut down or demolished in the event they expand past the perimeter.

Earthquakes caused by instances of SCP-7167-A must be monitored by Foundation geologists to observe any attempts at subterranean expansion by SCP-7167. Under no circumstances are Foundation personnel authorized to enter one kilometer within SCP-7167 without clearance from Site Director. As part of Protocol Woodpecker, any human subjects that have been found to have breached the perimeter are to be terminated immediately to prevent the possible emergence of new structures within SCP-7167. All examinations of the interiors of the site must be done through the use of Foundation exploration drones and long-range radioscopic and audio-based earthquake monitoring equipment from Observation Site-█.

Description: SCP-7167 is a metropolitan city approximately 80 square kilometers in size, located in Alberta, Canada. Urban structures within SCP-7167, designated SCP-7167-A, vary in size and function.1 Every instance of SCP-7167-A has been observed to have grown out of the ground. All attempts to locate the source of each instance’s creation have been unsuccessful. Any vegetation in the vicinity of an instance of SCP-7167-A has been observed to die upon its creation and the soil under the instance suffers severe erosion that renders it infertile. SCP-7167 remains devoid of any sentient life and other non-living objects such as cars and trash cans that are otherwise not normally part of a city’s infrastructure.

Analysis of SCP-7167-A instances has been found to be made of otherwise normal construction materials such as steel, concrete, rebar, wood, brick, glass, and aluminum.2 SCP-7167-A instances do not follow conventional architectural design rules as SCP-7167-A instances have been observed growing diagonally or with incomplete building formations, though falling debris has been observed breaking off of SCP-7167-A instances on occasion.3 These include skyscrapers missing their left half, streetlamps missing their posts, brick buildings growing out slanted without cementation, and other malformations not otherwise listed. Skyscraper instances of SCP-7167-A have been observed to reach heights as tall as 300 meters and remain standing despite any possible subsidence under the structure. Researchers hypothesize this may be due to how the buildings seem to be rooted to the ground, despite not having any observable roots to hold SCP-7167-A instances in place.

Chemical analysis of formations within SCP-7167 has been found to practice a more limited version of the Calvin Cycle, absorbing carbon dioxide in its vicinity and using it to seemingly speed up the development of new SCP-7167-A instances. Aside from this, SCP-7167 has yet to be observed releasing oxygen when undergoing this chemical process. SCP-7167’s anomalous effects on humans are observed when a person enters the city. After about two hours of entering SCP-7167, subjects will begin to exhibit symptoms common to that of hypoxia such as confusion, rapid or slowed heart rate, shortness of breath, violent coughing and or wheezing, and severe fatigue. Three hours into entering SCP-7167, subjects have been observed to fall unconscious several times from the aforementioned rapid onset of hypoxia. After approximately five minutes of labored breathing, subjects were shown to become unresponsive. Further analysis of subjects afterward has found them to have expired from suffocation.

Incident Report-001: At 0100 hours on 9/16/1999, footage from Drone Unit-83 picked up what appeared to be a flare fired from the downtown section of SCP-7167. Drone Units 70 through 79 were dispatched to locate the source of the flare.

Incident Report-002: At 0400 hours on 9/16/1999, a human male was discovered in an SCP-7167-A instance taking the form of a bus stop. Following site containment Protocol Woodpecker, the subject was immediately terminated on sight via remote machine gun fire from Drone Unit-79. Due to the location of the body within the SCP-7167 40-kilometer perimeter, retrieval of the body was impossible.

The man was found to have been carrying a Sony Micorcassette-Corder M-679V, seeming to document his experience within SCP-7167.4 The man, later identified as nineteen-year-old Enola Appuia of the Blackfoot nation was reported missing on 8/28/1999. His uncle had filed a missing person's report after he had failed to return home from his job as a hand at a nearby cattle farm.

MicrocasetteIncident002.jpeg

Microcasette recovered from Incident-002.

Enola was known to be a young man with a troubled childhood, losing both parents at the age of three, and had a history of delinquency including stealing and attempting to sell stolen goods. At first, there was speculation regarding whether or not he had once again been involved in criminal activity, however, documents provided by the State of Montana's Office of Juvenile Justice confirmed that following his admittance to a court-ordered course designed to steer juveniles away from crime, he had no such relapses in criminal behavior in the past four years.

Later investigations by police found that he had not attended work that day, as they recovered CCTV footage of him purchasing several pieces of survival gear at a nearby outdoor retailer. He was last seen driving out of town onto Highway 444 headed toward the US-Canadian border.

A note was later recovered from his bedroom by police, addressed to his Uncle and other surviving family members. The note reads as follows:

After retrieval and review of the tape’s contents, the containment protocol for SCP-7167 has been adjusted in light of the information discovered. Below is the transcript of the tape contents before it was destroyed:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License