SCP-7074
rating: +99+x

Item №: SCP-7074

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7074 has been cordoned off and expunged from the public record. Patrol teams are to enforce a guarded perimeter around the anomaly. Trespassers are to be detained, interrogated, amnestized and released.

An automated system shall archive all transmissions from D-408.

Description: SCP-7074 is a static volume of space in Akagera National Park, Rwanda which displays novel spatiotemporal properties. Although both matter and energy can freely enter SCP-7074, only energy is able to exit. Additionally, the flow of time within SCP-7074 is actively decreasing at an exponential rate.

Due to this temporal dilation, the contents of SCP-7074 are essentially immovable. However, SCP-7074 itself moves in tandem with the rotation of the Earth, thus experiencing only minor positional fluctuations.

SCP-7074 currently contains 44.50 cubic meters of air, soil and grass, a juvenile marsh owl (Asio capensis), and D-408.

Historical Context: SCP-7074 was originally discovered in 1942 following civilian reports of “a bird trapped in empty space”. At the time, the Foundation lacked standard protocols for identification and exploration of spatiotemporal anomalies; as a result, a member of Class-D personnel (D-408) was sent into SCP-7074 with a DANKE teletype transmitter and instructed to report on his findings.

Chain of communications is attached below.

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

REPORT

| OUTGOING: D-408

NOT MUCH TO SEE
GRASS DIRT SHRUBS
BIRD

During the expedition’s initial stages, the time differential between SCP-7074 and the outside world was negligible. However, incongruities became apparent within fifteen minutes.

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

POSSIBLE HARDWARE ISSUE
SLIGHT LAG IN YOUR COMMS

| OUTGOING: D-408

NO PROB HERE
MIGHT BE ON YOUR END
INCOMING MSGS DISTORTED A BIT

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

ISSUES NEGLIGIBLE OVERALL
STILL POSSIBLE ANOM EFFECT
STATUS REPORT

Alarmingly, D-408’s next report was transmitted on a lower frequency than his DANKE device should have allowed.

| OUTGOING: D-408

FEEL FINE
SMTH WEIRD ABT VIEW OF OUTSIDE
NOT SURE WHAT

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

YOUR MSGS SLOWING DOWN
5 HZ DISCREPANCY
LIKELY CHRONO ANOM

On account of a drastic decrease in signal frequency, the following report was received and decrypted over the course of two hours.

| OUTGOING: D-408

REPEAT LAST MSG
HEAVY NOISE + DISTORT

The presence of a temporal anomaly was confirmed at this point. Energy appeared to retain its original frequency when entering or leaving SCP-7074; thus, relative to D-408, the frequency of incoming transmissions would be too high for his DANKE device to interpret. Site Command composed their next message from multiple staggered signals to create a lower frequency.

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

SPEED OF TIME IN ANOM DROPPING
DO NOT PANIC

It was initially assumed that the flow of time within the anomaly was decreasing linearly and that communication could be conducted in this manner for some time. However, D-408’s next reply was received over the course of nearly nine hours, requiring emergency modifications to Site Command’s DANKE device.

| OUTGOING: D-408

FIGURED IT OUT
SUN OUTSIDE MOVING TOO FAST

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

EXPONENTL TIME DCREAS
HRD 2 DECRYPT + REPLY
SHRTN MSGS
ONLY SND NECESRY INFO

D-408’s next report was received over 27 hours.

| OUTGOING: D-408

TRIED 2 LEAVE
INSIDE LIKE INVIS WALL
SUN ALREADY SETTING AGAIN
HELP

The ability of Site Command to receive and answer D-408’s messages was now under severe strain. A second DANKE device was requisitioned to compensate, but would not arrive on-site for some time due to supply chain constraints and difficulties in transport.

In the meantime, field teams were dispatched to SCP-7074’s location and performed a battery of tests. An accident necessitating the amputation of an agent’s arm proved that it was impossible to remove matter from the anomaly, wholly or partially. While testing continued, Site Command was able to compose another response:

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

TRYING
DIFCLTIES W COMMS
STAY CALM

D-408’s next report was received and logged over roughly six days but could not be properly decoded until the following month, when the second DANKE device arrived.

| OUTGOING: D-408

PLEASE
EVRYTHNG MOVNG FASTR
GET ME OUT

Evidence indicated that the frequency of D-408’s transmissions would only continue to decrease.

Due to the inherent limitations of DANKE hardware, further cogent communication with D-408 was deemed functionally impossible. Additionally, testing incurred significant costs without uncovering any method of extricating D-408 from the anomaly. A final message was sent:

| INCOMING: SITE-COMMAND

CANT
SRY

Current containment procedures were put in place shortly thereafter.

D-408’s communications have grown considerably more staggered since 1942, and the majority have been lost due to atmospheric interference or issues with the now-deprecated DANKE hardware. The most legible transmission to date was received in 2019:

| OUTGOING: D-408

HEL

The message is incomplete but the remainder can be inferred from context clues.

As of 2022, it is estimated that D-408 has experienced 25 minutes of subjective time. He is expected to die of dehydration within three days (currently equating to 12 million years outside the anomaly), although from an outside perspective this may never occur.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License