SCP-7060

⚠️ content warning
Site900B.jpg

Exterior of Site-900-B

Item #: SCP-7060

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: An exclusion zone has been built around SCP-7060 to close it off to the public. 24 hour security through both posted guards and video surveillance is in full effect.

For further protection purposes, any mentions of Spring Valley, Colorado in any documents, digital or physical, are to be removed or destroyed on discovery. Additionally, testing and exploration of SCP-7060 is prohibited as of Incident 7060-B.1 All further operations relating to SCP-7060 are to be handled by individuals working at Site-900-B2 on the west side of the perimeter.

Description: SCP-7060 is the abandoned Foundation Site-900-A. Prior to that, it was the abandoned town of Spring Valley, Colorado. Site-900-A was installed within SCP-7060's active anomalous zone after a series of calamitous deaths occurred within its residence.3

SCP-7000-1.jpg

An instance of SCP-7060-1 (marked by red circle) appearing in a photograph taken by Garrison Maxwell twelve hours before he and his entire family fell victim to a massive avalanche collapsing on their house during Incident 7060-A.

SCP-7060-1 is the designation for a slender figure approximately 2.4 m in height. Individuals who observe SCP-7060-1 within SCP-7060 expire within the span of 12 hours due to a calamitous event.

However, SCP-7060-1 has a different type of interaction with individuals who were involved with population and/or construction within SCP-7060. Spring Valley's community architect Wilbur Hudson and Foundation site director Jamison Scott are both examples of this unorthodox interaction occurring.

Addendum 1 Case 1 - Wilbur Hudson and Incident 7060-A: Spring Valley was built around the base of Mount Sprigsteen, and expanded its residence between 1990-1991. Mr. Hudson spearheaded its production, starting from the neighborhoods surrounding the base of the mountain to the town centers and hiking trails near the top. When he was half way through the town's production, Mr. Hudson decided to visit a psychiatrist.

Psychiatric records show that Mr. Hudson spoke of having a reoccurring nightmare. Below is a log with a description of said dream:

Subject is a child driving with his mother in the nighttime. Subject’s mother has to use the restroom, so she parks at a nearby gas station. Subject’s mother tells him that she is going to be right back, and leaves Subject in the car alone.

Subject waits for what seems like hours. Then, subject hears a tapping on the door to his left. Subject looks over. There is a tall, thin humanoid figure with prickly grey hair and luminescent yellow eyes peering through the car door window.4

Subject asks the figure where his mother is. Instead of responding, the figure's head vibrates and lets out a droning howl. Subject wakes up.

Spring Valley's neighborhood construction was finished on December 4, 1991. It was during this period of time where Mr. Hudson isolated himself in his house, and refused to answer anyone who contacted him through phone or mail.

On December 8, 1991, an event designated Incident 7060-A occured. Around 5,000 people within the town's residence suffered calamitous fatalities within the span of twelve hours. The full list of casualties can be found in the Incident 7060-A Casualty Reference Sheet, but include:

  • Maxwell family succumbed to an avalanche on the west side of Mount Sprigsteen (See photo #2 in SCP-7060 file).
  • Jason Wallace (59, male) found on Magpie Rd, face-down in asphalt with motorcycle approx. 3 m behind. Mandible found halfway between with gums and torn skin still attached.
  • The Mudson family found laced in between the telephone pole lines in the town center. Observation of injuries conclude that limbs were severed through forceful stretching. The family's Jeep Liberty was found approx. 4 m away from the location of the casualties.
  • Jill Haden (40, female) found on Gerrymander hiking trail. Lacerations and bite marks appear to come from an Ursus americanus (black bear). Left arm and head found approx. 0.9 m away with ligaments still attached.

Due the irregular amount of catastrophic and seemingly random deaths occurring in Spring Valley, the area was suspected of anomalous activity. MTF Epsilon-6 ("Village Idiots") were deployed in Spring Valley soon after the incident occurred. A massive relocation and amnestication effort was put into effect for all surviving citizens.

Mr. Hudson's house was one of the many residences MTF-Epsilon-6 stormed during their search and rescue mission. They found him in his bedroom with multiple cuts and abrasions in his neck, stomach, forearms, thighs, and calves. He held a kitchen knife in his right hand. Despite suffering blood loss that would regularly be fatal, Mr. Hudson remained alive. The following log is an interview that occurred post-discovery:

Date: December 8, 1991

Interviewer: Agent Markus Rhodes

Interviewee: Wilbur Hudson

<BEGIN LOG>

Rhodes: So, what in the absolute hell happened here?

Mr. Hudson: I tried to… (gag) escape it. The thing in my head.

Rhodes: Thing in your head huh? You responsible for all this? All the death down there in the valley?

Mr. Hudson: No. No I- I didn't do anything. I swear. Just- get me out of this place. Let me go somewhere where I can just die.

Rhodes: Well, why can't you just die here? You've got all the work done it seems.

Mr. Hudson: It won't-

Mr. Hudson vomits all over himself. He then wipes his face and continues.

Mr. Hudson: It won't let me. It wants me to live so I can suffer. It's been haunting my mind, my dreams. I think it just really wants me to- to leave.

Rhodes: To leave? Well, why haven't you left?

Mr. Hudson: I thought it was just like- like a psychological thing, like a manifestation of some sort of anxiety about my work. Turns out, I should have just fucking listened to it.

(pause)

I saw it, that grey hairy bastard right in front of me before all that shit happened down there. It was just staring down at me. I don't know what I did to upset it but- it seemed like it was frowning. God just- just get me out of here.

Rhodes looks down and sighs. After a few seconds, he takes out his walkie-talkie.

Rhodes: Bravo, I want you to get command to lock down the entirety of Spring Valley and begin investigations immediately. Over.

<END LOG>

Mr. Hudson was evacuated via air support out of Spring Valley. Once he left its perimeter, he expired due to his various injuries.

Addendum 2 - Jamison Scott and Incident 7060-B: After Spring Valley's mass evacuation and amnesticization, Site-900-A was installed within SCP-7060's active anomalous zone. The site's construction was spearheaded by Site 900's director Jamison Scott. Scott wrote the following document distributed to all posted personnel at the newly-founded site:

To all Site-900-A Personnel,

As of June 10, 1992, construction of Site-900-A has concluded. All personnel must report to the main floor common room on June 12.

It is crucial for all personnel to know the safety measures put in place to further prohibit SCP-7060's effects. Since SCP-7060 has been observed to be a probabilistic anomaly due to its seemingly random and circumstantial terminations, we are using this opportunity to test out a device Dr. Mitchel Bataan has developed to deal with probabilistic anomalies, designated D.I.C.E (Dependence Isolating Contingency Engine) Thaumaturgic Ward.

D.I.C.E makes it so a variable can no longer be dependent on a random integer within a designated area. This makes it so the variable of "death" is dependent on a non-random integer so personnel don't expire due to seemingly random circumstance.

This device in theory should force SCP-7060-1 to terminate its targets in a more projected and direct pattern other than probability. This will allow our containment forces to bait it and properly detain it.

If one is to encounter SCP-7060-1 (described in SCP-7060 document, required reading) while posted, they are to press the nearest siren activation lever and leave Site-900-A within 12 hours after the initial encounter, which will send our containment team to the location promptly. Personnel who encounter SCP-7060-1 are to be relocated to a site designated by Site-900's head director.

Personnel who read, understand, and follow the above protocols should be able to survive during the baiting stage. Compliance and knowledge is key for success.

May we be blessed with good fortune.

- Director Jamison Scott

After this document was produced, Dir. Scott reported having a reoccurring nightmare similar in fashion to Hudson from the above addendum. The dream involved SCP-7060-1 laughing in a monotone voice while lingering over his bed. Dir. Scott largely ignored these nightmares. When he was further questioned, he said that he "won't let the bastard deter him from his work."

On June 13, 1992, Incident 7060-B occurred at Site-900-A. A log of events can be found below:

<BEGIN LOG>

6:25 pm MDT: Security footage shows Dr. Bataan working alone in his office on a D.I.C.E Thaumaturgic Ward. As he is working, SCP-7060-1 fades into view from the open corridor leading into Dr. Bataan's office.

6:27 pm MDT: Dr. Bataan finally notices SCP-7060-1. SCP-7060-1 immediately de-manifests and Dr. Bataan and presses the Siren Activation Lever near his desk. As he runs out of his office down the corridor, the power to the building goes out, deactivating security cameras for approximately five minutes.

6:32 pm MDT: Security system goes back online as power is restored in the site. Security cam footage in the office wing corridor shows Dr. Bataan lying face first on the floor. His pelvis and legs have been dismembered from his torso by a piece of ceiling that fell from above.

6:49 pm MDT: Armed containment team arrives in office corridor. They step over Dr. Bataan's corpse into his office and search around. Around the time of their arrival, a rainstorm starts to loom over Site-900-A.

6:50 pm MDT: Power goes out for a second time within Site-900-A, disabling security cameras.

7:01 pm MDT: Entire containment team terminated from collapsed Populus fremontii (Fremont Cottonwood Tree). Three members were crushed by a section of its trunk while the seven other members were pierced/lacerated by various debris.

7:02 pm MDT: SCP-7060-1 materializes over the corpses of the containment team, staring directly at the camera. It cocks its head.

7:05-7:30 pm MDT: Multiple calamitous deaths occur across the entire site due to various disasters originating from the storm.

8:06 pm MDT: Security footage outside of the site shows SCP-7060-1 standing idle in front of the largely-destroyed site facing the camera. It unhinges its jaw up-and-down without emitting any noise. The security footage then cuts out.

<END LOG>

The following is a document distributed to the leading director's team at Site-900 written by Director Scott.

To Site Command,

My team and I have drastically miscalculated the nature of SCP-7060. I as the lead director of this project am solely responsible for the travesty that occurred on the 13th of June. SCP-7060-1's attacks are not probabilistic as me and my team hypothesized. They are cold, calculated, and are a means to drive us out of its territory.

All the procedures I put in place, including D.I.C.E, were useless. Incident 7060-A laid the groundwork for their creation, as me and the team thought that it gave us a clear idea of how the anomaly worked. We were gravely mistaken. Now I know why it was laughing at me. It knew that none of us could prevent the inevitable.

I learned over the past 24 hours that there are some anomalies in this world that are not to be tampered with, and are to be left alone without question. This is a lesson that I will unfortunately forget.

I am going to resign my title as director. I will go through the proper amnestication process and return home to my family. I don't want to remember the travesty I caused due to this failure of a containment attempt. My last order of business is to restrict any testing or exploration of SCP-7060. Just leave it alone. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Godspeed to the entirety of Site-900.

- Director Jamison Scott

Note: Dir. Scott has not left SCP-7060 since the distribution of this letter. Security footage has shown him leaving the Site's main building, but not leaving the premises. His whereabouts are as of now unknown.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License