SCP-7046
rating: +33+x
Item#: 7046
Level1
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: North Lake Corrections, where SCP-7046 is located, is to be kept under armed guard. Unauthorized persons attempting to access the site are to be apprehended and transported to Site-63 for questioning. At the conclusion of questioning, they are to be administered Class-A amnestics and released or placed in indefinite containment, at the discretion of the Site Director.

Description: SCP-7046 is a cell block in North Lake Corrections, an abandoned corrections facility near Winnipeg, Manitoba. When the facility was in use, SCP-7046 served as its low-security wing. North Lake Corrections was abandoned in October 1983, after a fire destroyed another cell block and heavily damaged the prison’s administrative building.

SCP-7046’s anomalous properties are the result of thaumaturgic modification which occurred approximately six months prior to its discovery. Its plumbing and electrical systems are fully functional, despite the building lacking any apparent source of water or electricity. Its exterior walls dampen sounds made inside the structure, preventing them from being detected by observers outside. These walls also display evidence of thaumaturgic modification which once imbued them with a cognitohazardous effect that discouraged observers from entering SCP-7046. However, these modifications were deliberately disabled prior to the object’s discovery and presently have no effect.

5970531423_3054a61482_b%20%281%29.jpg

A Corridor in SCP-7046

Some cells inside SCP-7046 display no anomalous properties beyond those found throughout the structure. They appear not to have been recently inhabited, and their contents display damage and deterioration consistent with the object’s eighteen years of abandonment. However, at the time of SCP-7046’s discovery, 296 of its cells were fully furnished and had been subject to further thaumaturgic modifications. These cells have been designated SCP-7046-1. Instances of SCP-7046-1 are resistant to damage. Their walls, floors, ceilings and bars can withstand forces greater than three-thousand newtons, and are unaffected by both high-caliber firearms and light explosives.

At the time of SCP-7046’s discovery, 251 of the 296 SCP-7046-1 instances either appeared to have recently housed or still housed up to two human prisoners. Each such cell is furnished with a bunk bed, a toilet, a desk, and a small television. The other 45 cells had straw covering their floors and contained troughs for food and water. These cells appear to have each housed a single bovine until shortly before SCP-7046’s discovery.

SCP-7046’s mess hall houses SCP-7046-2, a large mechanical apparatus consisting of a 2000-liter tank, a pump, a large, ring-shaped pipe, a circular arrangement of seven altars, and a disposal unit. The pipe’s interior is inscribed with thaumaturgic symbols,1 and the altars have been integrated into the structure of the pipe such that liquid circulating through it will make contact with them. Upon activation, SCP-7046-2 will pump the contents of its tank into its pipe and circulate them seven times before diverting them to the disposal unit. The apparatus’ interior is stained with human and bovine blood, DNA from which matches that of human and bovine subjects found on-site at the time of the object’s discovery. At the time of discovery, SCP-7046-2’s disposal unit contained 2000 liters of a mixture of human blood, bovine blood, and water.

Discovery: On January 13th, 2002, a Foundation agent embedded within local emergency services alerted the foundation to a call requesting medical attention for 110 persons located in SCP-7046, each of whom had experienced severe blood loss. Foundation agents, including medical personnel, were dispatched to secure the site. When they arrived, the site contained 515 human and 45 bovine subjects. All but twelve of these human subjects were later identified as a missing person who had vanished from somewhere in North America2 during the previous six months. The remains of all 45 bovine subjects, along with 405 of the human subjects, were found near SCP-7046-2 and had been fully exsanguinated. The remaining humans were found inside instances of SCP-7046-1. These subjects had also experienced significant blood loss. Of these, 21 had expired prior to the arrival of Foundation personnel, and another three expired while in Foundation custody. The remaining subjects were successfully resuscitated and transported to Site-63 for questioning. The subjects’ accounts were largely concordant with one another and described them being abducted and held inside SCP-7046 by a small group of individuals, who forcibly extracted blood from them at weekly intervals. Descriptions of this group’s apparent leader match Cassidy Redwood, a person of interest who was at large when SCP-7046 was discovered. For transcripts of these interviews, see Interview Log 7046-A.

Upon the conclusion of their medical treatment, survivors were treated with class C amnestics and returned to their families. By the time treatment of survivors had concluded, information leakage by Cassidy Redwood had made the public aware of many of the mundane facts surrounding their disappearances, which forced the Foundation to employ a cover story that was compatible with these elements. Therefore, the survivors’ memory loss was explained by the claim that Redwood had kept them in medically induced comas for the entirety of their captivity.

Addendum 7046-1: On January 13, 2002, shortly before the discovery of SCP-7046, Agent ██████, an undercover agent embedded within GoI-3088 (“The Church of the Second Hytoth”) alerted the Foundation to a general notice issued to the group’s members by its leadership.

Immediately after Agent ██████ reported this message to Site Director Forester, MTF Omega-22 (“Clotting Agents”) was mobilized to locate and apprehend her. Shortly after interrogations of the survivors from SCP-7046 began, Site Director Forester noted the apparent relevance of this notice to SCP-7046.

Addendum 7046-2: Recovered Materials: On January 14, 2002, Agent ██████ was instructed to infiltrate Cassidy Redwood’s office at the Winnipeg Ortothan Church in hopes of obtaining clues as to her whereabouts. He succeeded, obtaining several documents and accessing Redwood’s computer. On said computer, Agent ██████ found records of correspondence between Cassidy Redwood and GoI-3088’s leadership. A selection of these materials is presented below. Those wishing to access other materials recovered from Redwood’s office should contact Site Director Forrester.

Addendum 7046-3: At 1:11 on January 16th, Cassidy Redwood turned herself into a police station in Winnipeg. Upon arrival, Redwood confessed to the abductions and murders associated with SCP-7046, though her confession omitted the anomalous aspects of her crimes. Imbedded Foundation agents immediately transferred her to Site-63 for questioning.

Addendum 7046-4: On January 18th, 2002, Cassidy Redwood self-terminated by self-inflicted laceration. A makeshift Ortothan altar, constructed out of paper she had been given as writing material, was present in her cell. Experts on Ortothan practice who examined the scene concluded that Redwood had offered her spilled blood to Rakmou-leusan, the only remaining Ortothan deity.

Addendum 7046-5: In April 2008, SCP-7046’s anomalous effects began to diminish. Sounds made inside the structure became detectable from the outside, though the structure’s thaumaturgic properties still dampened them. As of June 9, 2022, the exterior walls of SCP-7046 decrease the volume of a sound made inside by only thirty decibels. Recent tests on the bars of SCP-7046-1 cells have shown that some will now bend in response to forces as low as one-thousand newtons, though others retain much higher tensile strength. Foundation thaumaturgists have concluded that these changes are the result of natural decay in its thaumaturgic enhancements. If present trends continue, the object will cease to be anomalous by 2040.

More by this Author

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License