SCP-7045

rating: +10+x
Item#: 7045
Level3
Containment Class:
neutralized
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
none
Risk Class:
none

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-7045 no longer requires containment, and is no longer anomalous.

Description: SCP-7045 was the designation used to describe a 2001, █████ brand, hand-held microcassette tape recorder. SCP-7045 was of standard design, with pause, play, fast forward/rewind, and record buttons. All recordings recovered from SCP-7045 are of a sound-quality consist with that of similar recording devices.

SCP-7045 had the anomalous ability to teleport and record without external input. SCP-7045 was estimated to have had a teleportation radius of approximately 1.2 km. The content of SCP-7045's recordings have varied, but the majority have involved important historical events, generally related to or involving the Foundation.

When SCP-7045 teleports, a new tape is replaced within its cartage. This caused extreme difficulty in retrieving audio recordings from SCP-7045. After attempting to record an event in reality ███████, SCP-7045 ceased all anomalous activity. The cause of SCP-7045's sudden neutralization remains unknown.

Addendum 7045.1

AUDIO LOG


[CLICK]

[HOWLING WIND BLOWS AGAINST THE MICROPHONE. FOOTSTEPS CRUNCH THE DIRT AS SOMEONE APPROACHES.]

UNKNOWN

Hm? How did this get here? Ah, whatever. There's no point in worrying about it now, what with the end of the world and all.

[UNKNOWN PAUSES BEFORE PICKING UP SCP-7045.]

Although, it is nice to have someone- sorry, something to talk to. My name is Victor, I work for this, organization. You might have heard of us. We're kind of the cause of this whole mess.

I work for the SCP Foundation.

We contain the nastiest creatures and anomalies of the world and whatnot, but I guess one of our gruesome monstrosities got out, and the world is now ending. I would try and do something to stop this apocalypse, but sadly there doesn't seem to be anything I can do. To whomever it may concern, SCP-[REDACTED] has breached containment, and now… well, the only way I can describe it is that the world… is afraid.

The world is afraid and nothing but. The sky has been torn in two, a rift to some other reality having warped our own. Biomes have switched places entirely, while our reality slowly succumbs to pure, unmotivated chaos. Or maybe there was some motivation behind the end of our world. Who knows?

I now walk alone- well, if you don't count Harry. I think he's off looking for food… we travel together as the world ends, looking for a solution to our world's madness. But there's… nothing.

Sorry, I know that was both an information dump and slightly ominous at that. I've… always enjoyed horror, so I guess the creepy, esoteric tone just comes naturally. What I'm trying to say is the world went to hell and all I can-

UNKNOWN

Victor? Are you over here?

Victor

I'm over here, Harry. Look what I've found- oh god…

Harry

I know… It's getting worse.

Victor

Should I check my foot as well?

Harry

[HARRY USES A DISGUSTED TONE.]
Don't. I'd rather not see another person's bones.

Victor

[INDIGNATION.]
Excuse me? I look at your arm-

Harry

[IGNORES VICTOR.]
Where'd you get the tape recorder?

Victor

Oh, I found it. It was already recording and everything.

Harry

[CONCERNED.]
Do you think it's anomalous?

Victor

Do you think it matters right now? Look around us, Harry. Do you want to talk about work when the entire world is doing just that?

Harry

I- I don't know. I just was asking what you thought-
[DISTANT HOWLING IN THE DISTANCE.]

We should get moving.

Victor

Agreed.

[CLICK]


[CLICK]

[A SLIGHT HUM FILLS THE BACKGROUND OF THE RECORDING.]

Victor

The air is… thin. It's not the thin air that someone would breathe when climbing a mountain. It's the thin air of a world falling apart. As the oxygen begins to slowly break down with everything else in the world, I feel my own body begin to break apart as well.

You know… I didn't expect death to be so slow. I always thought my death would be in some hospital with my life-support getting pulled. But no, I'm being erased from existence-

Harry

Do you have to talk to that thing while I'm sitting right here?

Victor

Well, sorry, but I just don't feel safe when walking around. If society hadn't lost its cool and the wilderness hadn't absorbed the cities across the globe, I would happily walk away and spare your ears. But, right now, that isn't the case. Deal with it.

Harry

Fine. Sorry.

Do you think this is salvageable? Do you think the O4 Council can… fix this?

Victor

I'm pretty sure it's the "O5" Council.

Harry

Are you sure? I thought Level 4 was our highest security level.

Victor

Harry. We're at a level 4 security.

Harry

Oh… I guess you're right… Sorry, I guess the end of the world is getting to me.

Victor

[SIGHS]
It's fine. And I think they might be doing something. Or… maybe they realize how far-gone the world is and they are kicking their feet back and are waiting it out like us.

Harry

[LACK-LUSTER CHUCKLE]
Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be too far off. I mean, how would they even fix this?

Victor


Do you have any family back home? I- I know it's a touchy subject right now, but I'm not sure what else we can really… talk about.

Harry

I've got a wife and a daughter. We live in the city next to where our Site is.

Victor

Hmm. I've got a wife, but no kids. We weren't able to make that work.

Harry

Understandable- Oh.

Victor

Jesus- that hurts…
[GROANS OUT OF PAIN.]

Harry

This is taking so long. Who- Who knew that a dematerializing body would hurt so bad?

Victor

You know what? Screw it. If I'm dying I'm going to spill my guts on something that won't get annoyed when listening.

Harry

Hey, I try-

Victor

Kidding, kidding. I'm still going to go spill my guts though-

Harry

[CHUCKLES HALFWAY THROUGH A GROAN OF PAIN.]
All right, go ahead, I guess.

[CLICK]


[CLICK]

Victor

Ah, well. Where to start? I guess I can share how it all started-

[AN EXPLOSION SIMILAR TO A BREAK IN THE SOUND BARRIER BOOMS IN THE DISTANCE.]

Ah, well. Guess that's my cue to get on with it. I guess it all started with me going to work. I got to our site and clocked in as per usual. And until around midday, everything was fine. Until things went sideways faster than you could say "Boo." Literally.

There was a bang, kind of like the one you just heard, except it was loud enough that even news stations on the other side of the world were reporting on it. And then… the rip opened. It was a break between whatever barrier the Foundation used to describe the multiverse.

When the rift opened, things began to change, slowly. But-

[GROANS IN PAIN.]

The process has sped up, as to say. Anyways, though, we did our best to get people to safety, but there have been some… road bumps, along the way. I'll keep those details to myself, thanks.

[STATIC PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND.]

Like how I've wondered how death would feel, I also have wondered what is beyond this life. Will I even move on, if I am erased from existence? I guess I will find out soon. I wish I could have seen my wife, Rosey, again before the end. Or maybe I wouldn't want to see her die. No, I wouldn't have liked to see that.

Maybe I won't go back to Harry. No, we weren't meant to die together. We simply work together, but I barely know him.

[STATIC INTENSIFIES]

Well, I guess I get to know then, the answers to my questions.

[CLICK]


[CLICK]

[THE HUMMING OF AN UNKNOWN TUNE.]

Dr. Richardson

Oh? When did you get there? Did Binkard leave you here on record?

[CLICK]

SCP-7045 was found in Dr. ██████ Richardson's office, sitting on his desk. Dr. Richardson reported the object once his assistant had denied placing SCP-7045 on his desk. Once it was determined that SCP-7045 was no longer anomalous, SCP-7045 was placed in a storage locker in Site-19.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License