SCP-7015


rating: +151+x

philogo.png

FOR SOVEREIGN EYES ONLY



Classified Top Secret by the Philippine Branch of the Foundation

Provision of this file to other branches of the Foundation, as well as groups not closely affiliated with the Philippine Branch, is a Class-5 National Security Violation and is thus punishable by demotion to D-Class under charges of treason.

5/7015 LEVEL 5/7015
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-7015
Keter
animebanner.png

An illustration by Philippine Branch Agent Hoshimi Kitsukumi. The art style is reminiscent of an extinct form of Japanese literature.


Special Containment Procedures

As SCP-7015 comprises East Asia and operates as a dominant branch of the Foundation, it is currently uncontainable by the standards of the Philippine Branch. If SCP-7015 is brought to light in international Foundation discourse, its influence among Foundation Branches poses significant risks of internal dissent and breakdowns within the Foundation itself. In an attempt to weaken SCP-7015, the Philippine Branch has initiated Operation FILIBUSTERISMO. It aims to destabilize SCP-7015 through mythological anomalies, propaganda warfare, and weaponization of forms of entertainment banned in SCP-7015, such as anime and manga.

The first key component of this operation is the cooperation of surviving Korean and Chinese mythological and thaumaturgic entities, which have been steadily growing in numbers since the 1960 and 1970 purges. Operation FILIBUSTERISMO may utilize these recruited entities as spies, tools, or bait.

The second key component is the Propaganda Division, composed of Philippine Branch agents, either home-grown or recruited from within SCP-7015. Many of these agents are East Asian and anomalous by nature. The Propaganda Division is also in charge of documenting the contacted mythological entities, and turning their narratives and histories into propaganda illustrations and comics.

The Propaganda Division’s main themes are nostalgia, nationalist secrets, and opportunities in diversity and freedom, intended to target the disillusioned residents of SCP-7015.

The third key component is the Comic Convention Plan. This convention would feature the works of Operation FILIBUSTERISMO and mass propaganda attacks during the November festivities of SCP-7015. The Philippine government is currently sending agents, personnel, and material in secret to SCP-7015 territory via cover companies and cooperative buffer countries. Fake locations of the Comic Convention are being leaked to SCP-7015.

The Philippines is to feign the continuation of its alliance and deference to SCP-7015, contributing funds and personnel. On the other hand, it has been clandestinely funding propaganda and disinformation campaigns throughout SCP-7015. Collected Chinese and Korean artifacts are to be planted by Philippine agents throughout SCP-7015, in the guise of being hidden by cultural revivalists and rebels. To gain the trust of the Japanese branch, the Philippines will provide intel on these materials.

Operation FILIBUSTERISMO has heavy provisions on research involving time travel or reality manipulation to correct SCP-7015. The operation's heads cite the possibility of undoing the progress of the Philippines, which has prospered into a highly advanced and industrialized regional power in Asia.


Description

poster.jpg

SCP-7015 propaganda concerning investments and financial conservation. SCP-7015 used variations of this poster for the Great Imperial Recession of 2020.

SCP-7015 refers to the Japanese Empire, particularly its modern-day existence stemming from its victory as an Allied Power in World War 2. Multiple parahistorical and multiversal analyses commissioned secretly by the Philippine Branch indicate that SCP-7015 should have been a principal member of the Axis Powers. In approximately 99.2 percent of all studied alternate timelines, Japan would surrender to the United States of America during the final stages of the war, resulting in the dismantlement of its Korean, Chinese, and Pacific imperial territories. In baseline reality, however, China served as the East Asian Axis Power.

In all universes, including baseline, Germany has a crucial hand in engineering China’s rapid industrialization, such as the Nanchang and Kweichow railway projects and the Three-Year Plan. Furthermore, Germany advanced Chinese military modernization via reconstruction of arsenals, establishment of mustard gas and chemical plants, and joint production of military hardware.

A significant divergence occurs in 1933-1937, often called the “divine wind” in modern-day Japanese circles. Influenced by significant German business interests, German leadership under Adolf Hitler deemed China as an economically viable and militarily capable ally. China also refused to sign the Sino-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact, instead choosing to focus on less binding ceasefires. These factors led to the successful initiation of China as one of the Axis Powers in World War 2. China's fragmented leadership at the time, however, and internal issues led to less than ideal use of its military and economic capacity.

SCP-7015 took advantage of this development by joining the Allied Powers. This decision allowed it easy access to Western technology, as well as oil and agricultural products from Allied Asian countries such as the Philippines, Indonesia, and French Indochina. With a massive material advantage, as well as the maintenance of a good reputation, Japan was able to cripple China as early as 1943.

At the end of the war in 1944, SCP-7015 kept its current holdings plus a significant amount of Chinese territory. It remained neutral and isolationist during the Cold War, focusing on control of its territory. To illustrate, it negotiated control of formerly Chinese regions, such as Inner Mongolia and Tsinghai, with the Soviet Union. Meanwhile, countries such as the Philippines remained virtually untouched, accruing wartime profits.

However, it later faced multiple internal issues, with reduction of efficiency in its ethnic cleansing and educational propaganda methods as well as significant downturns in its economy. Furthermore, it has remained culturally conservative and traditionalist, often implementing significant restrictions or even bans on "Western" entertainment such as comics, animation, and video games.

SCP-7015 was only deemed anomalous upon the creation of sufficiently sophisticated Philippine parahistorical tools and technology in 2000.

Under the purview of the Philippine government, SCP-7015 is key to the mobilization of resources and technology of the Philippine Branch. A weakened SCP-7015, and by extension, a more fractured Japanese Branch, is significantly beneficial to the Philippine government and its Foundation Branch.

The Japanese Branch is one of the dominant parts of the Foundation, albeit with significantly decreasing and ossifying efficiency due to its own internal issues and general conservatism. Therefore, SCP-7015 is highly detrimental to the performance of the Foundation in Asia. Furthermore, there is mounting evidence that SCP-7015 is beginning to puppeteer neighboring branches through methods such as debt traps, aggressive negotiations, and bribery and blackmail of regional officials. These actions threaten the checks and balances within the Foundation.

The Philippine Branch has rationalized that SCP-7015's geopolitical serendipity is anomalous, and with the absence of sufficient reality manipulation tools to properly contain SCP-7015, has opted to wage war via Operation FILIBUSTERISMO.


Mangaka in the High Castle Logs

To illustrate the inner workings and typical missions of Operation FILIBUSTERISMO, the logs and commentaries of two members of Operation FILIBUSTERISMO, collectively known as the "Mangaka in the High Castle" or "High Castle" in short, are provided below. Brief profiles of these members are also attached.



nuclearbomb.png
A photograph carried by Kitsukumi, depicting Japanese and American army observers of the nuclear bombing of Juukei (known previously as Chungking, the last seat of the Chinese national government and of the Axis Powers) on November 1, 1944.


As a recruited citizen of SCP-7015, Kitsukumi's behavior indicates a cultural identity crisis, which is important to note for its circumstances in the following Sovereign missions and the literary works it creates. It has penned a commentary, framed as a letter, regarding this issue. The commentary is provided below:

As one of its key missions for Operation FILIBUSTERISMO, the High Castle pair investigated SCP-7015-HAETAE, a major Korean mythological entity known as a symbol of justice and law and as a guardian against fires and natural disasters. Recovered cultural data depicts it as a one-horned entity displaying canine and leonine features. SCP-7015-HAETAE has gone into hiding since the Imperial Purges of 1960 to 1965, and has only been recently rediscovered and recruited into Operation FILIBUSTERISMO.


manga.jpg
Illustrations drawn by the group "Scarlet Pen." The Scarlet Pen was a casualty of the 1981 Creative Media Reformation, which targeted mangaka (such as Osamu Tezuka) and budding video game studios.


Obtaining approval from the Operation FILIBUSTERISMO Committee, the High Castle pair then searched for SCP-7015-DOKKAEBI, whose invisibility and matter manipulation capabilities are crucial to the Phase 2 of Operation FILIBUSTERISMO. SCP-7015-DOKKAEBI escaped to the populous neighboring territory of Manchuria, an area exploited by SCP-7015 for cheap mass labor and resources. SCP-7015-DOKKAEBI is a Korean nature spirit, known for tattoos and trickery, and has approximately 120 minor dokkaebi under its helm.

During preparations for Phase 2, the leader of the occultist Worker's Coalition Movement, Saki Matsumoto, called for an emergency meeting to discuss her group's reluctance to fully participate in Operation FILIBUSTERISMO. Due to Umino's extensive experience with Mainland politics, he was sent to negotiate with Matsumoto. With Umino citing security risks, Kitsukumi did not accompany him to the meeting, although she stayed in a nearby underground outpost.



preparations.png
Philippine contributions to Japanese preparations for the annual November festivities.



celebration.png
Paper lanterns released over Shinshuu, accompanied by fireworks.


For Phase 2 of Operation FILIBUSTERISMO, the pair was transferred to Provisional Site-444, 50km away from Heijo, Korea. Heijo is one of the key cities of Northern Korea, due to its ancient cultural prestige, population, and industries. It is also the site of the Worker's Coalition Movement's planned protests, thus serving as an ideal location for Operation FILIBUSTERISMO.

Depicting Kitsukumi and Umino in the final hours of the operation, a log illustrating the Operation FILIBUSTERISMO escape plan has been provided below.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License