SCP-6999

rating: +817+x

FROM: O5-10
TO: Personnel LISTSERV

Figured you may be curious about the music. See attached file.

- O5-10

scp-6999.pdf

0/6999 LEVEL 0/6999
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-6999
Safe

SECONDARY CLASS: THAUMIEL


band-mk2.jpg

Frame of SCP-6999.

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation personnel maintain several television broadcasting towers to transmit SCP-6999 globally. Per Project AISA protocol, only Level 5 personnel may access this file.


Description: SCP-6999 is a three minute-long, cognitohazardous video of the Applied Force Department Symphony performing Nearer, My God, to Thee. The video influences the autonomic nervous system and hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis, inhibiting fight-or-flight responses to stressors and regulating cortisol production.

Upon Ethics Committee approval, the O5 Council commissioned the Memetics and Infohazards Division to develop SCP-6999 for Project AISA. Exposure testing began on volunteer researchers after performance and recording.


Addendum 6999.1: Testing Log

Subject: Dr. Chuck Ferguson

Background: Ferguson married his husband seven years prior to testing and had adopted an infant son three years prior. While he reports high relationship and household satisfaction, substantiated by testimony from close friends, he frequently stresses over a lack of interaction with his son and believes his husband may hold grudges against him due to this.

Results: Ferguson texts his husband, asking if they can discuss the situation later that day. Ferguson reports an in-depth, reflective conversation, spanning their relationship history, familial pasts, and favorite television programs. Among this, Ferguson's husband reassures that he holds no grudges over his more dominant role in their son's upbringing, given Ferguson's government job (see Family Disclosure Protocol). However, he does suggest hiring a babysitter, which Ferguson states he'll contemplate.


Subject: Agent Silvina Cortez

Background: Cortez emigrated from the Philippines to the United States after college, a decision heavily protested by her mother. With her enrollment in the United States military and subsequent Foundation employment, her relationship with her mother grew increasingly estranged. Cortez regrets not contacting her mother but fears a further divide in their relationship if she does so.

Results: Cortez calls her mother who expresses shock from the sudden contact. They set up a video call together for the day after testing. Cortez reports an initially stilted but progressively intimate conversation, her mother interested in American life and Cortez in Filipino life. When addressing the initial distress over the emigration, Cortez' mother apologizes for her comments, noting how long ago she made them but admitting she feared how Cortez would adjust.


Subject: Dr. Everett Mann

Background: Mann, continuing the eccentricity of his caretaker uncle, possessed divergent ethics from societal norms. After Mann's uncle died incarcerated, Mann faced social ostracization from peers. In response, Mann sought comfort in science and learning. While Mann cites "genius" as diverting potential friends, others testify Mann outright rejecting social advances in favor of scientific pursuits.

Results: Mann steps outside the testing facility, finds the nearest cliff-face, and sits at the edge, silently staring at the night sky. When asked what he thought about, Mann states "We can all ascend." The next day, he sits at a crowded table in the Site-19 cafeteria, facilitating awkward but genuine conversation on rat biology.


Addendum 6999.2: Project AISA Briefing

Project AISA is a Foundation-planned initiative to comfort humanity in response to a predictable, singular, and widely publicized XK End-of-the-World scenario. Once such an event grows imminent, all Foundation personnel will gain access to files on Project AISA anomalies.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License