SCP-6981


Item#: 6981
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

moon1.jpg

Overview of Mare Serenitatis, with approximate location of SCP-6981 marked.


Assigned Site Site Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
Lunar Area 32 C. Hourdoon M. Dabolsky Gamma-4 ("Blondebeard's Crew")

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the recent rediscovery of SCP-6981, information is limited regarding the structure. A 5 km buffer zone is to be established around SCP-6981. Lunar Outpost 2 is to be established to facilitate containment and research efforts into SCP-6981. Any Satellite imaging of SCP-6981 is to be altered.

Description: SCP-6981 is a structure in the Taurus–Littrow valley on the southeastern edge of Mare Serenitatis, superficially resembling the pyramids of Ancient Egypt. Inscribed on the exterior of SCP-6981 are various thaumaturgical symbols, the majority of which symbolize "protection" or "defence". Both the symbols and the exterior walls of SCP-6981 appear to have suffered significant damage. Chemical analysis of SCP-6981 samples shows the material used to construct SCP-6981 contains various organic materials not present in the lunar soil.


History: Records indicate SCP-6981 was first discovered by Astronauts Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt during the Apollo 17 mission on 12/11/1972. Upon hearing of the report, NASA immediately contacted the Foundation. Due to limited Foundation resources at the time, and the low threat and inert nature of SCP-6981, the discovery was simply scrubbed from the mission. The Foundation contacted all major space agencies and ordered no landings to take place in the area of SCP-6981.

pyramid.jpg

Image captured of SCP-6981 by the crew of Apollo 17.

On 09/18/2021, Researchers Carl Herran and Mikhail Dabolsky were on a Research Expedition to the Northern Massif to gather samples of lunar rock. The area had previously been unexplored by Foundation assets. Audio of the sighting of SCP-6981 is available below.


Addenda

Addendum 1: Exploration Log 6981


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License