SCP-6964
rating: +4+x

Item#: 6964
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
warning





'To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.' – Oscar Wilde








Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6964 is to be contained within a standard humanoid containment cell at Site-19. The cell must be equipped with a writing desk, ample writing materials, and a secure storage locker for any of SCP-6964's manifestations. All writing materials must be pre-approved and inspected for any potential hazards or anomalous properties before being provided to SCP-6964.

SCP-6964's cell should be monitored at all times via surveillance cameras, and any unusual activity or attempted manifestations must be reported immediately to the Site Director. Personnel interacting with SCP-6964 must undergo thorough psychological evaluations regularly to monitor for any signs of undue influence or manipulation.

Description: SCP-6964 is a humanoid entity resembling a female in her late teens. It possesses the ability to alter reality through its writing. When SCP-6964 writes any text, the written content becomes a reality, manifesting as SCP-6964 manifestations. The nature and complexity of the manifestations are directly related to the content of the writing and SCP-6964's level of understanding of the subject matter. Most of these anomalies appear in the cells adjacent of that of SCP-6964's, while others appear at a random location. Creation of manifestations delays for about 2 seconds prior to time of writing, and dissolve after 25 seconds.

SCP-6964 has displayed a preference for creative and imaginative writing, often producing fantastical creatures, objects, and environments. However, the extent of its reality-altering capabilities is not fully known, and testing is ongoing to determine the limitations and potential risks associated with its anomalous abilities.

SCP-6964 is generally cooperative with Foundation personnel and displays no signs of malicious intent. However, it appears to have little control over the manifestation process, which can sometimes lead to unintended and unpredictable outcomes. As such, containment procedures must be maintained to minimize potential risks to personnel and to prevent accidental breaches.

Addendum 6964-1: Discovery

SCP-6964 was first encountered in a small coastal village in Ohio, USA, where a series of unusual events were reported by the local population. Foundation agents were dispatched to investigate, posing as local authorities. SCP-6964 was located living with its adoptive human family, who appeared unaware of its anomalous abilities. The family was administered Class-A amnestics, and SCP-6964 was brought into Foundation custody for further study and containment.

Addendum 6964-2: Incident 6964-A

During a routine writing session within its containment cell, SCP-6964 inadvertently created an SCP-6964-2 instance described as a "dimension-hopping portal." The portal remained stable for several seconds before collapsing, causing a minor spatial disruption and resulting in the disappearance of several small objects within the cell. No injuries were reported, but it highlights the potential risks associated with SCP-6964's powers.

Addendum 6964-3: Testing Log

The following is a summary of selected tests conducted with SCP-6964 to better understand its abilities and limitations:

INPUT OUTPUT
Test 6964-01: "A fluffy, friendly kitten with emerald green eyes and a playful demeanor." A small, adorable kitten matching the description. SCP-6964 expressed delight.
Test 6964-02: "A flying, fire-breathing dragon with impenetrable scales and a protective nature." A dragon-like creature manifested, however lacking the ability to breathe fire and displayed timid behavior. SCP-6964 expressed frustration.
Test 6964-03: "A deaceased, ancient knight, possessing a wooden chariot." Dr Gerald gets runned down outside of the Foundation by a riderless, wooden medieval chariot1. Fortunately, no members of the public saw the incident. Dr Gerald was unscathed.
Test 6964-04: "A portal to a parallel dimension." A purple, spiraling portal manifested, leading to an unknown location. The test was terminated before any personnel entered the portal due to safety concerns.

Addendum 6964-4: Potential Applications

SCP-6964's reality-altering abilities present intriguing possibilities for scientific and practical applications. However, the risks and ethical implications associated with its powers must be thoroughly considered. Research into controlled usage of SCP-6964's abilities is ongoing, with a focus on exploring non-invasive uses for the betterment of humanity.

The Euclid classification is assigned due to the unpredictable nature of SCP-6964's manifestations and the potential risks if not handled with care and caution.

Research and containment protocols are to be regularly reviewed and updated based on new findings to ensure the safety of all personnel and the security of the Foundation.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License