SCP-6955

rating: +31+x

Item#: SCP-6955
Level2
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
florgalana
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
caution

Assigned Site Site Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
Site-400 Director Adam Desmond N/A N/A

Special Containment Procedures:1 With approval from Site-400's current site director, Dr. Lantieern has been granted permission to continue his long-term employment with the Foundation. However, he is to wear a specialized tracking device at all times, even during sleep and personal washroom hours.

Despite other anomalous personnel being allowed to do so, Dr. Lantieern is prohibited from ever leaving Site-400. Whenever he is displaced, Site-400 is to immediately enter lockdown, with on-site security remaining on high alert for any irregularities involving contained anomalies and their respective containment protocols. If no incident occurs for 24 hours, or if the threat has already been successfully neutralized, a retrieval team is to be dispatched in order to recover Dr. Lantieern.


Description: SCP-6955 is the designation given to an anomaly directly affecting Senior Researcher Latlas Lantieern, an adult Middle-Eastern male of French-Iranian descent, currently appointed as a data analyst for Site-400's Department of Theological and Teleological Studies.

SCP-6955 is described by research personnel as an "innate precognitive translocation hazard response". Essentially, SCP-6955 is capable of becoming aware of, or more simply put, "sensing" any particular object, entity or event that would put Dr. Lantieern's life at risk, far before said object, entity or event could even be posed as a direct threat to Dr. Lantieern. Prolonged observation has shown that the span in which SCP-6955 foresees the threat depends on the level of danger it poses to Dr. Lantieern.

Due to, and in response to this, SCP-6955 will utilize its secondary property, that being it would physically displace (or "teleport") Dr. Lantieern to a location that is far enough for him to avoid being affected and/or killed by the threat. As expected, the locations SCP-6955 chooses to displace Dr. Lantieern to varies from time to time, and follow no specific pattern.


Addendum 6955-1, List of Deplacement Events:

Date & Time Event Description Observations
29/12/2016 While stationed at Reliquary Area-27, Dr. Lantieern was researching a recovered ancient relic (Artifact-KHIDIR/SOTERIA) when he accidentally made direct skin contact with it. The relic then glowed a bright yellow and green hue, and at this point Dr. Lantieern was displaced at the center of Site-400's multi-purpose cafeteria. Five minutes following Dr. Lantieern's displacement, a semi-deific entity that identified itself as "Axiopio" spontaneously manifested within Area-27 and began making its way towards the relic, killing all individuals that crossed its path. Fortunately, it was able to be purged by operatives of MTF Kairos-012.
09/07/2019 Whilst conducting an archival evaluation on some documents stored within Site-400's Demonic Research Lab, Dr. Lantieern was suddenly displaced in the vicinity of Masjid al-Haram, located in the Mecca Province of Saudi Arabia. The mosque was performing Zuhr prayer at the time. Around two hours after Dr. Lantieern's displacement, an explosive planted by a Chaos Insurgency mole was detonated within the Demonic Research Lab, resulting in the release of several hostile Tartarean entities. Before the entities could fully envelop the Research Lab, they were able to be recontained and purified with the activation of the on-site AESR3.
13/07/2019 After finally returning to Site-400 following a long flight from Saudi Arabia, Dr. Lantieern went back to his personal quarters to get some sleep. However, right after laying on his bed, he was displaced to an unoccupied containment chamber in Armed Biological Area-14 (it was around 3:00 AM when this occurred). Having prior knowledge regarding the nature of SCP-6955, Area-14's administration decided to dispatch three squads of MTF Nu-7 to aid in eliminating any threat that Site-400 might face. When they arrived, it was discovered that operatives of the Chaos Insurgency had raided the site, and had taken several individuals hostage. However, the raid was very short-lived as the Insurgents were quickly terminated with the combined forces of Nu-7 and on-site security.
04/09/2019 See Addendum 6955-2. Unknown.

panopticon.jpg
Project PANOPTICON (hover to enlarge)

Addendum 6955-2, Incident Log: While providing subsequent medical attention to individuals who survived SCP-███'s containment outbreak4, Dr. Lantieern was suddenly displaced. As per protocol, Site-400 entered emergency lockdown, and the tracking device worn by Dr. Lantieern was activated in order to determine where he is located. However, the tracking device isn't able to be detected.

With express permission from Overseer-02, the Foundation's global surveillance network (known formally as Project PANOPTICON) was allowed to be activated for the sake of locating Dr. Lantieern. Unfortunately, despite even accessing various illicit monitoring systems, Project PANOPTICON was still unable to pinpoint Dr. Lantieern's exact location.

Due to this unforeseen development, SCP-6955 has been redesignated as Uncontained/Missing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License