SCP-6950
rating: +51+x

Item #: SCP-6950

Object Class: Euclid

High_Trestle_Trail_in_Winter_-_Night_Headlamp_-_Madrid%2C_Iowa_%2824196836569%29.jpg

"Wendy's Road"

Special Containment Procedures: The roadside section dubbed "Wendy’s Road" within █████, England is to be monitored bi-weekly between the hours of 11:55PM and 12:05AM by no more than three patrolling security personnel.

Security personnel are to report any sightings of SCP-6950. If such an event occurs, they are to follow standard protocol for interacting with incorporeal humanoid entities. Personnel must dress plainly and appropriately for nighttime weather, as not to arouse suspicion.

Description: SCP-6950 is an incorporeal humanoid resembling a young woman with shoulder length blonde hair, dressed in a white sweater and skirt (See additional documentation describing spectral entities of a similar nature1 for further information).

SCP-6950 will manifest bi-weekly at exactly 12:00AM on an indiscriminate night, walking along an uninhabited section of roadside, dubbed by locals as “Wendy’s Road”, outside █████, England. SCP-6950 will de-manifest if no vehicles pass by before 12:01AM. If a vehicle does arrive, SCP-6950 will display a hand signal as if attempting to flag its driver for a lift. As of writing, no reported persons have stopped to pick up SCP-6950 either out of fear or disinterest.

Discovery Log: Local legends predating SCP-6950’s discovery describe a young woman (Wendy Williams) of similar age having committed suicide twenty-five years ago, nearby the location. The road was given the title "Wendy’s Road" by locals after several eyewitnesses claimed to have spotted a "spectre" resembling a young woman on multiple occasions. Additional sightings became less frequent overtime, causing the local legend to eventually fade into near obscurity.

SCP-6950 was reported following a sudden number of additional sightings twenty-five years later.

Little is currently known about the extent of SCP-6950’s anomalous properties or the reason for its sudden resurfacing. Excavation of Wendy William’s remains for further study is under consideration.

Addendum: During bi-weekly monitoring of Wendy’s Road, personnel witnessed a car drive by, containing SCP-6950 in the passenger seat. The vehicle was tracked the following day to Craig Spritner, a local civilian who claimed to be unfamiliar with the local legend.

Craig Spritner explained that he had picked up SCP-6950 and dropped it off near a local cemetery two miles away. Upon arriving back home, Mr. Spritner found a tattered white sweater on his front seat, containing strands of blonde hair.

SCP-6950 did not manifest at Wendy’s Road the following midnight. It was instead reported two miles away at a rest area Burger King. Agent Simmons was sent to investigate.

Interview Log:

Agent Simmons: Excuse me. May I speak to you?

SCP-6950: Oh hey, it’s you guys. The creepy stalkers.

Agent Simmons: No! We- I was just confused about why you’re here.

SCP-6950: …I’m hungry?

Agent Simmons: But you’re incorporeal. A ghost, aren’t you?

SCP-6950 visibly takes a bite out of its double cheeseburger

SCP-6950: They do it in "Ghostbusters". It’s easy.

Agent Simmons: Ok then… But you moved from your original placement. What made you leave?

SCP-6950: I told you. I was hungry.

Agent Simmons: No! I mean, why did you stop haunting "Wendy’s Road"?

SCP-6950: Haunting? I wasn’t haunting it. I was walking to a friend’s place and tried to get a lift. No luck though, everyone shits their pants whenever they get a glimpse of me. Normally I wear all white to stand out more in the dark, so much for that.

Agent Simmons: Then who were you trying to visit?

SCP-6950 stares blankly for several seconds

SCP-6950: …Wendy.

Agent Simmons: …Are you telling me that you’re not the spirit of Wendy Williams, the girl who died while hitchhiking twenty-five years ago?

SCP-6950: No. I died last year. Fucking Covid…

Agent Simmons: So she haunts the cemetery instead?

SCP-6950: No, she lives there. She’s a fucking ghost.

Agent Simmons pulls out the sweater recovered from Craig Spritner’s car

Agent Simmons: This sweater then. Does it hold any sort of significance, or symbolic meaning relating to your death?

SCP-6950 stares at the sweater

SCP-6950: Oh shit, my sweater! Forgot about that.

SCP-6950 left the Burger King with the sweater shortly after, before de-manifesting. As Agent Simmons did not ask SCP-6950 for a name, its former identity has yet to be determined. The cashier who had witnessed the event was later amnesticized.

Revision of SCP-6950’s containment procedures is underway.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License