SCP-6941
rating: +25+x
Item#: 6941
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice


Nostalgic_Grocery_Store_Malaysia.png

SCP-6941 manifestation in Kajang, Malaysia on 16/08/2007

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-6941 is monitored by MTF Iota-65 (“Classic Chasers”) at all times. Any incident involving SCP-6941 must be documented in the database of Site-6121. If SCP-6941 demanifests or displays any abnormal behaviour, MTF Iota-65 must find and report its new location as soon as possible.

After the first interview with SCP-6941-A (See Addendum 04), per the joint decision of Site-612 director, Yusuf Hukum and Site-612 Ethics Committee Representative, Sun Ling, containment efforts of SCP-6941 focus on suppressing public knowledge of SCP-6941. The current goal of the amnestic treatment is to erase memories related to the encounter with SCP-6941 instead of the memories restored by the effects of SCP-6941-B.

All available samples of SCP-6941-B are stored in Anomalous Object Storage Locker 17 in Site-612. Level 2 or higher researchers are allowed to access no more than 5 instances of SCP-6941-B at once for testing purposes. No Foundation personnel are allowed to consume an SCP-6941-B instance except for approved testing. Any civilian who consumed an SCP-6941-B instance specifically produced for them must be detained for questioning and released after targeted amnestic treatment.

Once per week, one member of MTF Iota-65 or Level 2 or higher researcher is allowed to interview SCP-6941-A under the approval of Site-612 director to obtain more information on the anomaly, especially on the possibility of SCP-6941 remanifesting at a new location soon. As SCP-6941-A possesses valuable information about SCP-6941 and maintains a certain level of control over the anomalous location, the Foundation aims to maintain a good relationship with SCP-6941-A. Personnel interacting with SCP-6941-A are instructed to utilize polite and concise language.

Description:

SCP-6941 is an anomalous building resembling a small double-storey grocery store with general architecture style of Malaysian shops between year 1950 and 1970. A wooden sign is hung on top of SCP-6941’s main entrance, with the word “Memories” engraved onto its surface in three different languages: Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil. The external dimension of SCP-6941 is 8m x 10m x 14m, but it contains a spatial anomaly which allows the building to store more objects than physically possible.

SCP-6941 has one front entrance and one back exit. A cashier counter is located on the right side of SCP-6941’s front entrance, where SCP-6941-A is usually seated. Two metal racks are located on the left side of SCP-6941’s front entrance, displaying a variety of food products. Most of the product shelves inside the building are visually obstructed. A rusted iron chain was hung across both the front entrance and back exit of SCP-6941. Any subject which attempts to access the interior sections of SCP-6941 behind the iron chains will be teleported to the furthest entrance of the building, except SCP-6941-A. Any subject which attempts to damage or remove any component of SCP-6941 will be teleported to a random location 10m away from the building. Any stolen product from SCP-6941 will be teleported back to its original location.

All identifiable products in SCP-6941 are from Malaysian brands popular between year 1950 and 1970, which some are no longer available in the present day. However, all products from SCP-6941 are always in a pristine condition, often having a viable expiry date. All products within SCP-6941 are sold at a price matching the local currency and inflation rate between year 1950 and 1970.

SCP-6941-A is a male humanoid entity of Asian descent, with the visual age of 80 years old. The attire of SCP-6941-A varies between observers, portraying the traditional costume of the observer’s ethnicity. This effect also applies to printed or digital media featuring SCP-6941-A. SCP-6941-A possesses linguopathic2 capabilities, and is hypothesized to possess Class-2 reality altering capabilities. SCP-6941-A remains within SCP-6941 at all times, claiming to be unable to leave. SCP-6941-A displays friendly behaviour when interacting with any living subject who enters SCP-6941, often referring to them as “customers” or “fellow wanderers”. However, SCP-6941-A refuses to accept any requests for products stored within the internal sections of SCP-6941. SCP-6941-A expresses slight displeasure when a subject makes multiple attempts to trespass SCP-6941’s sections behind the iron chains, but the entity does not display any form of hostility.

SCP-6941-B is the collective designation for food products with anomalous mnestic effects, each provided to a specific subject by SCP-6941-A. An SCP-6941-B instance can only be obtained through the Memorium Process, which occurs when a human subject establishes direct contact with SCP-6941 without a prior successful Memorium Process.

The Memorium Process begins when a viable subject enters SCP-6941. SCP-6941-A will greet the subject using the subject’s native language and ask if the subject is looking for something they miss. SCP-6941 will then induce a strong memetic effect, causing the subject to experience an overwhelming emotional sensation of nostalgia. The subject will be compelled to inform SCP-6941-A of one lost or faded memory which they wish to recover the most. SCP-6941-A will ask the subject to wait, then enter the internal section of SCP-6941. After a period of time between 30 seconds to 5 minutes, SCP-6941-A will re-emerge with one SCP-6941-B instance. The true source of SCP-6941-B instances is currently unknown. SCP-6941-A will then offer to sell the SCP-6941-B instance to the subject. The Memorium Process concludes after the subject completes the purchase.

Experiments have proved that subjects with Level 4 or higher memetic resistance are able to withstand the influence of SCP-6941 and refuse to answer the question of SCP-6941-A during a Memorium Process. SCP-6941-A expresses slight disappointment upon receiving this reaction, but the entity does not perform further actions.

Each SCP-6941-B instance is identical to the intended subject’s most preferred snack from their childhood or teenage period, even if the original brand or product line never survived to the present day. Unlike the non-anomalous products in SCP-6941, SCP-6941-B instances can be from brands in other countries. If a subject consumes an instance of SCP-6941-B specifically provided to them by SCP-6941-A, the subject will be able to recall the previously forgotten event, person, object, or location they mentioned during the Memorium Process with extremely high clarity. However, subjects consuming SCP-6941-B instances not specifically provided to them by SCP-6941-A do not experience similar effects.

Experiments have proved that SCP-6941-B instances are able to fully restore memory fragments affected by natural deterioration, disease and even amnestics. Detailed analysis of the composition of SCP-6941-B instances showed no indications on how consuming them can achieve such effect.

After a time between 7 days and 8 months, SCP-6941 will remanifest in a new location within a 100km radius of its previous location. SCP-6941 constantly induces a memetic effect which convinces anyone within its 15m radius that its presence is natural and part of the local history. SCP-6941 is known to manifest more frequently near small towns with historical preserves. SCP-6941 is currently located in Georgetown, Malaysia.

Addendum 01: Discovery

Addendum 02: SCP-6941 Experiment Log 2

Addendum 03: SCP-6941 Experiment Log 7

Addendum 04: SCP-6941-A Interview Log


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License