SCP-6936

SCiPNET FILE CLEARANCE NOTIFICATION

Please note: regardless of user clearance, as per RAISA Director Maria Jones' Emergency Clearance Override Order, the following file is only available to three individuals within the SCiPNET Database: Dir. Maria Jones, Dr. Alistair Vemhoff, and Dr. Daniel Asheworth.


> ACCESS PERMISSIONS CHANGED PER MARIA JONES' CREDENTIALS FROM WITHIN OVERWATCH COMMAND: NEW ACCESS PERMISSIONS AVAILABLE.
> THE FOLLOWING FILE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE FOLLOWING SCiPNET USERS: O5-9. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.

Item#: 6936
Level6
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
embla
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
critical

Archived Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6936 is to be contained within the lowest level crypts within SCP-5292 due to their inassessibility to anyone without direct permission from the three individuals that can access this file and SCP-5292-2, who has been bound with a Death Oath1 to ensure protocol abidance. All other ways of containment / sharing of information regarding SCP-6936 or its contents is strictly forbidden and is punishable by immediate termination.

Revised Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6936 is stored within O5-9's personal office within Overwatch Command, where she is to ensure she is the only individual with access to it.

Description: SCP-6936 is SCP-5292-1248, also referred to as "Kodex Tenebra" by its cover, an ancient tome collectively written by a total of approximately 56 different authors over the course of its ~200 000 year existence.2 In 10 183 pages and 203 different languages, it describes numerous extremely complex thaumaturgic rituals that are not recorded or otherwise described in any known esoteric texts. Upon reading any entry in SCP-6936, all individuals inevitably and universally agree that the contents of the entries are "disgusting and unforgivable."3 The only irregularity to this rule is its first page, which, after translation, reads:

Bury your past, bury your sins; run from what you've done as best as you can.
The universe will always find a way to pay you back for what you're about to do.
No matter the intention.

— The first to ever forget this lesson

The significance of this is unknown.

Discovery: SCP-6936 was discovered on 02/05/1982. Despite the Foundation being aware of SCP-5292 for 66 years,4 due to the remote location of the item relative to the rest of the library, it wasn't discovered until a deep exploration mission was requested by Dr. Vemhoff to access the lowest levels of the library. Within the crypts situated at the lowest levels of the location, SCP-6936 was discovered within a small, separated room, protected by numerous spells concealing its existence and disallowing entry. When questioned about it, SCP-5292-25 answered it was "a prison, meant to contain the instructions to the worst sins a man can commit, hidden so that nobody would ever use them again," later describing the tome in full detail.

Due to its properties, the two discoverers of SCP-6936, Dr. Asheworth and Dr. Vemhoff, did not report the incident to the remainder of Site-120 staff, instead choosing to contact Dir. Jones directly to avoid potential misuse. The crypt was re-sealed again with the help of extremely complex rituals weaved by Dr. Asheworth; undoing them would require an intervention from a Class XII theologically-ontokinetic entity.

On 06/09/1985, the seal was broken again, resulting in O5-9 acquiring the tome.

Addendum 6936.1: SCP-6936 Excerpts and Test Log

Addendum 6936.1: SCP-6936-associated Interviews









Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License