SCP-6928

  • rating: +23+x

Item #: SCP-6928

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Location has been closed off to the public. Relocate trespassers to Site-33.

Description: SCP-6928 is a small ballroom located in the Colonial Mews Guest House (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA). It operated as a dance club, arts venue, and visual/musical artist residency from 1977-1986 before closing due to lack of funds.

Subjects who enter SCP-6928 suffer great headaches, stomach pain, and vomiting, with the severity believed to be influenced by the individual's mental fortitude. Weak-willed subjects may experience an intense, days long bout of food poisoning while stronger ones only a migraine. However, all subjects experience negative thoughts which intensify the longer they remain within SCP-6928. One senior researcher, after just an hour and twenty minutes, reported feeling suicidal ("…a very tough hook in my head. It dragged out some insecurities I thought I had overcome years ago.”). Sudden bursts of emotion are also common: some subjects began screaming and punching the walls, others were overcome with grief and collapsed to the floor, six felt an "infinite hollowness" in their chests, and one spent ten minutes running in a circle and jumping up and down in apparent ecstasy — all while experiencing the physical symptoms.

Following containment, researchers carried out hyper-sensitive motion/███████████ tests of SCP-6928. Those tests revealed that SCP-6928 contains the apparitions of 399 human beings which are all rushing around the center of the room at a high speed. These apparitions bear the appearance of their living selves at the time of their deaths although heavily decayed. Their faces are contorted in expressions of pain, pleasure, sadness, disgust, or fury. Many have limbs or patches of skin or chunks of the face missing. Rot is near-universal. The apparitions appear to have some material properties with one another as they have been observed climbing, shoving, pulling, pushing, kissing, copulating, and fighting with one another, but as a whole they are immaterial and blend together into a single large whirling mass. Seven of the documented entities were found to be unresponsive.

After preliminary tests were finished, a second round of more advanced testing was carried out. A key question researchers were hoping to answer was whether the apparitions present were sentient or, if they were, entirely aware of what they were doing. The last test of this round as of the time of writing involved a researcher trained in psychography1 entering SCP-6928 with a 200-page notebook and observing what words and pictures the apparitions would produce.

The journal was filled in under half an hour. Researchers were later able to identify thirteen main authors although some passages contain as many as forty-one. Further analysis of the passage can be found in Document 6928-A upon request.

Transcribed below is a section taken from page 85.










Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License