SCP-6920


rating: +29+x
Item#: 6920
Level3
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

shack.jpg

Current state of SCP-6920-1.

Special Containment Procedures: All 23 instances of SCP-6920 are currently kept within a Cold Storage Containment Unit inside Site-16. SCP-6920-1 is currently under constant watch by a surveillance system ran and supervised by Shamus.aic1. The systems have been fitted with ectovision lenses capable of viewing the spectral entities roaming the location of SCP-6920-1 when said entities do not make themselves visible. See updated procedures.

Updated Procedures: Director Deacon2 was allowed to put SCP-6920-A, -B, and -C under protective custody of the Foundation in light of Incident-6920-01, and all three entities have been moved to Site-16. They are currently kept inside Incorporeal Humanoid Holding Chambers, in Cell block 13 on Sublevel 04.

Description: SCP-6920 designates 23 light-green bottles containing an anomalous alcoholic beverage sold under the name "Ectoplashine". All SCP-6920 instances currently exhibit a teal-colored luminescence, and continuously exhibit this effect until less than 15% of the substance is left inside the bottle or the 15% is poured out.

To date, attempting to test for any other ingredients used in SCP-6920 has yielded no results.

bottles.jpg

Currently contained instances of SCP-6920.

Upon consuming any amount of SCP-6920, the following effects will take place;

  • Extremely dilated pupils.
  • Green tinted vision.
  • Translucent abdominal area.
  • Green and illuminated saliva.

Most notably, however, is the ability to view spectral, incorporeal, and intangible entities that may have previously appeared invisible to them. This state lasts for a total of one hour and fifteen minutes, after which subjects will revert to their normal appearances and lose the previously mentioned ability. The effects will take place upon consuming SCP-6920 again.

SCP-6920-1 is the location where SCP-6920 was manufactured and where entities -A through -D were found. The location exhibits no anomalous phenomenon. See the History section for more information.

SCP-6920-A, -B, -C, and -D are spectral humanoid entities who all previously worked for GoI-00193 in different states. They are intangible, capable of manifesting and demanifesting at will, and are capable of freely moving through most physical objects. They are able to levitate, however all four appear to prefer to "walk".

History: SCP-6920-1 is an abandoned wooden shack located in the northeastern plains of Kansas, built near the Oregon Trail sometime in the 1820s. The shack reportedly served as both the residential home of the Echeverría family and, primarily during the 1830s, as a stopping point for travelers walking the trail. The home was abandoned in 1858 when the last remaining member of the Echeverría family died of a heart attack.

During the 1910s, GoI-0019 came into possession of SCP-6920-1 and served as a standard moonshining operation from 1921 to 1922. During these years, a known eight to nine members of GoI-0019 worked to manufacture types of antique alcohol, which were promised to be "entirely original and foreign". In mid-1923, multiple deaths occurred during a brief moment of infighting. For an unknown reason, four of the members returned as translucent, intangible entities, and started to produce SCP-6920. SCP-6920 was sold throughout the 1920s in various speakeasy locations around the United States, primarily in the states of Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, and Illinois4. Despite this, the sell of SCP-6920 was almost entirely located in Kansas itself. The location eventually attracted the attention of other members of GoI-0019, and it was once more put into their possession and back into business.

In 1930, through unknown sources, the location was identified by agents of the Bureau of Prohibition and was subsequently raided then shut down. Approximately nine members of GoI-0019 were arrested, however SCP-6920-A through -D were not detained as they remained invisible to the bureau agents. According to the spectral entities, the entities had passed the time by playing cards and learning various instruments. It is assumed that due to the recent rise of paracriminal activity in the United States since 1998, the entities attempted to restore their business, which led to their discovery by Foundation agents.

Discovery: SCP-6920 and SCP-6920-1 came to the Foundations attention in late 1999, where reports of "glowing green jugs" appearing in various locations around Kansas City and other neighboring cities and towns started to gain traction among the local media. Instances were acquired and witnesses were amnesticized while Foundation Field Agents were ordered to investigate further, where they discovered that the entities had started manufacturing SCP-6920 instances again in light of the recent rise of paracriminal activity in the area. The operation was shut down again, and SCP-6920-A through -D were successfully contained within the perimeters of SCP-6920-1.

Below is all the relevant information on SCP-6920-A through -D.

Addendum: Incident-6920-01
On 08/08/02, all cameras within SCP-6920-1 suddenly ceased functionality. Attempts to contact the guards that were, at the time, stationed at SCP-6920-1 failed. Agents from Mobile Task Force Mu-13 ("Ghostbusters") and a team from Liaison-5 ("The Hawkshaws") were able to report to the location approximately two hours after the camera feeds cut off, which had been restored thirty minutes after ceasing function.

Upon reaching the destination, the guards that had been stationed at the location had been killed via gunshots to the head. Upon entering SCP-6920-1, all agents found SCP-6920-A, -B, and -C gathered around a puddle of ectoplasm in the basement. Entities claimed they heard SCP-6920-D yelling, followed by a gunshot, but did not hear any previous gunshots. Among the pile was a piece of paper akin to a calling card, the text of which as been transcribed below.

Shortly thereafter, SCP-6920-A through -C were then transferred to Site-16 and have been placed under protective custody by the Foundation. Further interviews found entities -A through -C had forgotten all knowledge on the existence of PoI-0023, although remember that SCP-6920-D had been murdered.

As of 2002 there has been no activity from SCP-6920-1 since the incident, and no other SCP-6920 instances have been found. Surveillance of the location, however, has continued. An investigation concerning the reappearance of SCP-6920-A through -D inside SCP-6920-1 has been, until further activity from the location has been detected, postponed.

Addendum: On 08/17/02, the transcript was moved to the office of Dr. Montgomery13 as part of the renewed investigation efforts against PoI-0023.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License