SCP-6912
rating: +24+x
Item#: 6912
Level5
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
thaumiel
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
caution

cmaclaurin.jpg

Bodycam image of SCP-6912 on discovery

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6912 is on probation as a Foundation asset. To prevent unpermitted discovery of this project, the entity is not contained at a Foundation site. Instead, its apartment in Edinburgh, UK is fitted with standard monitoring equipment. All items of upper-body clothing belonging to SCP-6912 have been fitted with miniature microphones.

The data from all monitoring devices is processed by artificial intelligence construct HEIMDALLR.aic.1 If HEIMDALLR.aic detects suspicious behaviour from SCP-6912 (e.g. sudden unexplained cessation of signals), it will notify Site-93 Director Lauren Haftling, who may use any discretionary method to neutralise the threat. This includes enacting the Cythraul Protocol (see below).2

In the field, SCP-6912 is to be accompanied by its designated Foundation liaison, Agent Alice Falconer, at all times.3 While encouraged to assist SCP-6912 in its work, Agent Falconer's primary duty is to ensure that the entity does not act against the Foundation's interests. In such an event, Agent Falconer is authorised to restrain SCP-6912 by any means up to and including the Cythraul Protocol.

To minimise the risk of a security breach, SCP-6912 is forbidden from making direct physical contact with Foundation personnel. Personnel assigned to SCP-6912 must wear gloves (list of approved materials available on request) during working hours to minimise the possibility of accidental contact. If physical contact is made, both SCP-6912 and the contacted individual must be forced to make contact a second time. Both parties may need to be restrained during and after this procedure.

The Cythraul Protocol

The Cythraul Protocol is to be used only in the event of SCP-6912 becoming an active threat to the Foundation. The Cythraul Protocol is as follows:

  • SCP-6912 is verbally informed that the Protocol has been initiated. If the entity desists from its activity, no further action (besides disciplinary) is taken.
  • The explosive device implanted into the base of SCP-6912's cranium is primed, initiating a 45-second countdown. If the device is not deactivated within this time, it will explode automatically.4
  • SCP-6912 is warned that the device has been primed and given a final chance to desist.
  • If SCP-6912 continues to threaten the Foundation's interests, the device is triggered, terminating the entity.

Description: SCP-6912 is a 1.83m tall Caucasian male in its early thirties, weighing 74kg and answering to the name of Canute Maclaurin. Its passport and driving licence confirm this to be its legal name.

When SCP-6912 makes physical contact with a living human, the entity is able to 'switch bodies' voluntarily with said human in what is termed a Morrigan Event.5

During a Morrigan Event, SCP-6912 transfers its consciousness into the body of whomever it is touching, while the 'switchee' (referred to for the duration of the event as SCP-6912-1) has their consciousness forced into the body of SCP-6912. The Event ends the next time SCP-6912 and SCP-6912-1 make direct physical contact.

SCP-6912-1 instances often react with shock to Morrigan Events. SCP-6912 has stated that it prefers not to initiate Morrigan Events without at least one assistant, and insists on being physically restrained prior to the Event. This is to ensure that its 'regular body' does not go missing or come to harm whilst controlled by another party.

Discovery and Containment History:





Addendum #1, 20/11/2021:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License