SCP-6896


rating: +11+x

Item#: 6896
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
danger

Rainbow_Flower

SCP-6896-A upon reaching its transgression threshold

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6896 is to be kept at Site-103 in a Specialized Indoor Growth Chamber, established in an airtight 4m x 4m x 3m enclosure with an outer decontamination chamber separating it from the rest of the facility. The walls of the chamber are to be constructed of reinforced concrete, and the atmosphere inside the chamber must be cleared of gases and/or compounds that may prove harmful to SCP-6896-A, lest its self-preservation capabilities be triggered. Any personnel entering the chamber outside of approved testing are required to wear full hazmat-protection suits, and the chamber must be cleared of any potential contaminates following an approved test. SCP-6896-A must be watered once every three (3) days and kept under artificial lighting.

No less than twelve (12) armed security personnel are to be present outside SCP-6896's chamber during designated testing. Testing of SCP-6896 has been suspended until further notice. If any entities are to appear in SCP-6896's chamber, they are to be immediately subdued and placed into adjacent containment chambers transported to a permanent containment chamber in Site-103's Heavy Containment Sector until further notice.

All documents pertaining to D-Class utilized in testing of SCP-6896 must be kept in a glass document container lined with SCP-148. D-Class are to be terminated following an experiment, regardless of the new personality the test yields in the subject. Any remaining D-Class personnel who have participated in testing of SCP-6896 are to be terminated immediately. Any communications between researchers related to affected D-Class personnel are to be handled via written communications utilizing documents held in containers lined with SCP-148.

Description: SCP-6896-A is genetically identical to the white rose (Rosa x alba), also known as the white rose of York. Despite its title, SCP-6896-A generally dons an assortment of colors. SCP-6896-B is the flower pot in which SCP-6896-A is contained, and is shaped like the head of a demonic, horned figure, encompassed by a chain. All attempts to remove the chain from SCP-6896-B have proven unsuccessful due to SCP-6896-B's anomalous properties. The roots of SCP-6896-A seem to be embedded into SCP-6896-B, and as such, no attempts should be made to remove it from its container.

Once a sapient being comes into direct contact with SCP-6896-A, it will erase all traces of the subject's greatest crime or transgression from the memories of everyone aware of it. Physical and digital traces of the offense will remain, though those viewing said evidence will be unable to perceive it as such, instead seeing it as portraying alternate information or simply nothing. Psionic-inhibiting tools and materials, such as SCP-148, will successfully nullify the effects of SCP-6896-A. Memories of the D-Class's wrongdoings and associated events will be retained temporarily after viewing a document under the nullifying effect of SCP-148, but constant viewings of these documents are necessary in order to continuously combat SCP-6896-A's anti-memetic effects. In addition, those with a Psionic Resistance Index of 75 or above prove to be completely immune to SCP-6896-A's anti-memetic abilities.

A portion of SCP-6896's white petals will change color to represent the incorporated sin:

  • Black - Violence & Murder
  • Green - Greed & Selfishness
  • Red - Romantic and/or Sexual Offenses
  • Orange - Apathy & Carelessness
  • Purple - Envy and Arrogance
  • Yellow - Dishonesty & Fraud
  • Blue - Overindulgence
  • Pink - Indirect Transgressions

SCP-6896-A's effect appears to work off of the individual's understanding of their sin, or more specifically, whether they genuinely perceive it as a sin. As such, SCP-6896 seems to have no effect on individuals with psychopathic tendencies, and wrongdoings perceived by the perpetrator as not being morally incorrect will not be affected by SCP-6896-A. The change SCP-6896 has on an individual is dependent on how impactful of an incident the transgression was compared to other memories. See Experiment-Log-6896-01 for a list of documented tests performed on SCP-6806-A.

Addendum 6896-01: SCP-6896-A appears to have a limit of seven (7) sins at one time, and upon going over threshold, the eyes of SCP-6896-B will begin to emit a bright white light, emitting fog in a variety of colors. The fog will then shape itself into humanoid entities, designated SCP-6896-C, and the flower will revert to its pure white appearance.1 These entities will constitute characteristics pertaining to the offenses or crimes they represent, possessing the primary goal of carrying out this quality or action in full. These qualities generally determine the threat posed by each individual instance. Some, after being summoned, have demonstrated mostly passive behaviors, while others have managed to break containment immediately after manifesting. Upon completing their given objective, the entities will instantly dematerialize. The entities, while able to be subdued, are unable to be killed through any orthodox2 means. As such, the provision of particular items, circumstances, and D-Class in order to allow SCP-6896-C instances to complete their objective is the primary method of termination. Administered tests seem to suggest that these instances do not possess any matter, nor do they possess any weight. Despite this, the entities remain corporeal and can have forces exerted on themselves. See Experiment-Log-6896-02 for a list of documented instances of SCP-6896-C.

Addendum 6896-02: SCP-6896-A has proven to be abnormally resistant, though not impervious, to physical trauma. It also possesses enhanced regeneration, gradually repairing itself from damages over time, the duration of which depending on the extent of the damages. In addition to these extraordinary qualities, SCP-6896-B will release instances of SCP-6896-C upon perceiving a threat to SCP-6896-A. The SCP-6896-C instance, regardless of its designated offense, will attempt to find the source of the danger and suppress it by an means necessary, demonstrating enhanced strength and hostility generally only presented by "black-sin" instances. A similar occurrence will happen if the flower is not provided with the necessary amount of water, nutrients and light for its survival, SCP-6896-C entities will aim to satisfy the needs of SCP-6896-A before reverting to their usual behaviors. SCP-6896-C instances will not demanifest during these periods, so it is critical that the safety and health of SCP-6896-A be maintained to prevent it from enacting these self-defensive measures.

Addendum 6896-03: If SCP-6896-B perceives any threats to SCP-6896-A while it holds no transgressions, SCP-6896-A will absorb the sins of anyone within its immediate radius, regardless of physical contact. This works both as a defense mechanism by disorienting any sapient beings that may mean it harm, and as a method of "re-fueling" so that it may manifest more instances of SCP-6896-C. Despite having a predictable set of rules, SCP-6896-A will break these rules in the name of self-preservation, which may imply a sentience possessed by either SCP-6896-A or SCP-6896-B.

Recovery: SCP-6896 was recovered on 11/03/201█, at the University of ███████, located in Miami, Florida. A group of college students, referring to themselves as "The Children of Eden", intended to use SCP-6896's anomalous abilities to "free themselves from sin” and to carry out the teachings given to them from an anomalous piece of literature known as “The Garden.” In their attempt, the group brought SCP-6896 to a clearing in the university and took turns relieving themselves of their burdens, inadvertently triggering the release of SCP-6896-C instances and resulting in the deaths of all but one of the group members. In addition, the incident resulted in psychological and physical injuries of a multitude of the university's students and faculty. Amelia Chen, the surviving member of "The Children Of Eden", was taken into Foundation custody the following day. An interview conducted with Amelia Chen can be accessed in Interview Log 6896-01.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License