SCP-6889
rating: +28+x

WARNING:


DoWAC1 is currently investigating possible secondary anomalous effects of SCP-6889, this document is to be considered misinformation until the investigation has concluded. Interaction with SCP-6889 is prohibited until this time.

Item #: SCP-6889

Object Class: Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6889 is located on a web server owned by Homloch Web Hosting in Omaha, Nebraska. Foundation personnel are to infiltrate Homloch Web Hosting and monitor SCP-6889 and any devices that access it.

Description: SCP-6889 is an internet forum found at the web address https://unxplainedxtranormal.cu/truths. Any post made to the /truths board from 3am to 4am local time will detail extensively the name, location, and description of a seemingly random anomaly, as well as the full name of the instigator of the post (regardless of the computer or account used), always bearing the following message:

This anonymous tip-off brought to you by /truths message board:

There is no obvious source of SCP-6889’s information, nor reason for its anomalous effects being limited to one hour per day. The anomalies described by SCP-6889 include those both unknown and known to the Foundation, often including greater detail than Foundation records. The anomalous effect manifests after a draft post is submitted to the forum. The post is immediately replaced by a new post containing the anomalous information (Designated SCP-6889-1).

Prior to containment the public nature of SCP-6889 led to several incidents in which the general public became aware of, and subsequently came into contact with, uncontained anomalous phenomena. Fortunately the wording of SCP-6889-1 instances regarding Foundation-held anomalies were void of any information capable of triggering a ßK-Class "Lifted Veil" scenario2, possibly a measure to avoid Foundation web-sweepers. It is held that information supplied by SCP-6889 is factual and useful to the Foundation, as the 6889-1 instances regarding Foundation-held anomalies have been found to be accurate.

Recovery: Initial attempts at containment involved the seizure of the physical server hosting SCP-6889, however upon bringing the server to Site-15 for testing it was found that all attempts to trigger SCP-6889’s effects resulted in the following message:

Error code 76533: ‘do not negotiate with terrorists’

In order to retain both SCP-6889’s potentially useful properties and Foundation security, the source code of the website was edited to require Level 5 security clearance for access to the /truths board, the host server was then returned to its original owners (Homloch Web Hosting, NE).

Subsequent testing confirmed SCP-6889 had returned to normal behaviour.

Experiment 6889-14:

Subject: D-3094

Procedure: Subject given access to computer peripheries connected to SCP-6889 at 03:21 local time, instructed to type and post a message in Spanish.

Result/s: SCP-6889-1 instance appeared written in Spanish, detailed anomalous building cognizant with Unexplained Location UE-8155823.

Experiment 6889-16:

Subject: D-42265

Procedure: Subject given access to computer peripheries connected to SCP-6889 at 12:52 local time, computer clock set to 03:30. Subject instructed to type and post words to favourite song.

Result/s: SCP-6889-1 instance did not appear; post identical to subject input.

Experiment 6889-143:

Subject: Dr Finlay Braunholtz, Site-15 DoWAC Representative

Procedure: Subject given access to computer peripheries connected to SCP-6889 at 03:10 local time, as requested for ‘important DoWAC business’. Subject typed and posted unrecorded message.

Result/s: SCP-6889-1 instance detailing fail-safe protocol appeared; upon reading subject immediately halted experiment and made contact with DoWAC Director Conners.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License