SCP-6885
rating: +19+x
DashOne.jpg

SCP-6885-1, taken from recordings produced by Researcher August

Item #: SCP-6885

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: The beaches bordering the town of Baymonte View, Virginia, are to be patrolled by a rotating staff of no less than two Foundation guards at any given time, to prevent and catalog any unintentional or purposeful entries into SCP-6885.

Description: SCP-6885 is an extra-dimensional space consisting of a narrow and seemingly endless beach, surrounded on either side by two oceans. The true size and length of the beach are currently unknown, as well as the nature of its two oceans. It is also currently unknown how one gains access to this anomaly, as the Foundation's only account of an entry into the space was unintentional. Foundation staff tasked with researching the anomaly theorize that there may be several specific steps one must take in order to gain access to the anomaly. However, Foundation agents assigned to SCP-6885 have yet to uncover these theoretical steps.

SCP-6885 also houses one additional, sub-anomalous entity. A Limulus Polyphemus (Atlantic horseshoe crab) capable of speech and, according to reports, significantly larger than average members of its species.

SCP-6885 was discovered by Researcher August during a short sabbatical in Baymonte View. She was found by civilians wandering the beaches with no memory of the past day or her time spent inside of the anomaly. On her cellphone were several recordings and one picture. The recordings were taken by August and serve to document her time spent in the anomaly. They are transcribed below.

Addendum - 1 (Missing Persons): In this first recording, SCP-6885-1 claims that people besides August have gained entry into SCP-6885. This account does corroborate a missing person report filed in Baymonte View several years ago, in which the young man reported missing was found after two days and diagnosed with transient global amnesia by local specialists. However, this is the only account of another situation like August’s occurring in Baymonte View, though SCP-6885-1’s claims have led Foundation staff to believe that this has indeed occurred more than twice. If there are other entry points into SCP-6885, their locations are currently unknown. Requires further investigation.

Addendum - 2 (After Action Report): As stated above, Researcher August was found wandering the beaches one day after she was supposed to have returned to Site-78. She had no memory of her time spent in SCP-6885 or her conversation with SCP-6885-1. When asked how she received the cut on her right palm, she claimed that she hadn’t noticed it until it was pointed out to her. She was not given access to the recordings but did show signs of intense confusion when first viewing the photo. All lie detector tests performed on August came back negative.

Several days after August was recovered, she failed to appear at Site-78 and was reported out of state for two days. A tracker placed on her person after recovery showed that she stopped once in South Dakota and once in Wisconsin before returning. Upon her return, she was severely reprimanded by her Site Director and placed under careful observation. While observing, Foundation staff noted that she had printed out a copy of the picture taken inside of SCP-6885, framed it, and placed it on her desk.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License