SCP-6882


rating: +90+x
beach.jpg

Photo capture of a live video stream observing a coastline along the Atlantic, 26 hours after SCP-6882. Please note the observable absence of human corpses floating in the water.

ITEM #: SCP-6882

OBJECT CLASS: N/A

SPECIAL CONTAINMENT PROCEDURES: Containment of SCP-6882 is no longer required, following its sudden occurrence throughout the world. All attempts from the Foundation at preventing the general public from interacting with the anomaly have been disregarded. Effective immediately, the Veil has been officially breached.

Automated systems are to indefinitely continue containment operations during the cessation and eventual extinction of the human race.

DESCRIPTION: SCP-6882 describes the series of events that occurred on March 22, 2022.:

  • 12:05 P.M.: The sky momentarily flashes white for 4.023 seconds. This event occurs worldwide, quickly causing widespread panic and concern amongst the general public.
  • 12:07 P.M.: All emergency services are quickly overwhelmed by the sudden influx of calls and requests for aid. All Foundation Sites are placed under Response Code Red-Orange and begin standard de-escalation protocols.
  • 12:08 P.M.: Internet activity surges to record levels. Live streaming services including Tik Tok, Instagram, and Facebook experience outages and are quickly made unavailable. Most Foundation attempts to log footage are automatically flagged and later deleted due to anomalous influences. As of 12:20, only one file remains viewable:

[COGNITOHAZARD REMOVED]

  • 12:20 P.M.: Afterward, all SCP-6882 entities slowly ascend upwards beyond view.
  • 12:21 P.M.: Surveillance systems observe the human population collectively migrating to coasts throughout the world. They remain silent as relocation occurs.
  • 12:22 - 5:56 P.M.: The human population reaches their destinations at varying times throughout the day. As they approach, they enter the water, soon overpopulating coasts across the planet.
  • 6:00 P.M.: Foundation systems report a drastic drop of the population from 7.9 billion to 1.2 million, which continues throughout the subsequent week.

ADDENDUM 6882.1

TRANMISSIONS WITH FSS-AG (FOUNDATION SPACE SYSTEM-ALPHA GAMMA)




ADDENDUM 6882.2

AUTOMATED A.I. RESPONSE REPORT



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License