SCP-6881 SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENT ‘INDIA’

rating: +19+x

SCP-6881 SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENT ‘INDIA’

Project: SERAPIS » Supplementary Document ‘INDIA’

    • _

    GALLIO: This isn’t how I thought this would go down..

    ????: Were you expecting us to sit on a bench in a Moscow park, and exchange code words? Or maybe a conversation via dead drop? The Foundation aren’t common spies, Agent Gallio. We can be a lot more civilised than that. How’s the langoustine?

    GALLIO: Makes a change from the cafeteria burritos.

    ????: The scallops have too much lemon. It’s overpowering. Still, it can be forced down.

    GALLIO: I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. Think we can get down to business before the main course?

    ????: You’re a very impatient man, Agent. A benefit in many aspects of your work but not always appropriate.

    GALLIO: I’m not an agent any more.

    ????: As you said when the O5 Council initiated Project: SERAPIS. Then you were an agent again, and then you were stripped of the designation. So now you exist in an administrative limbo. An employee who is employed for nothing. An agent without a case.

    GALLIO: You know a lot about me. And I don’t know squat about you. Add that to the fact I got invited to a fancy place out of nowhere to talk with someone I’ve never met and you understand why I feel kind of nervous. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the free lunch, it’s just I like to know who’s paying.

    ????: Of course. We’re just trying to avoid the usual tiresome skulduggery. We find ourselves at a curious moment in Foundation history when the Council is not all of one mind. A significant minority does not agree with the decision to shut down Project: SERAPIS. In fact, we did not agree with its original purpose, but since it has outgrown that purpose, we want it back. Odd how these things work out, but here we are.

    GALLIO: The purpose was to research the history of SCP-6881 and the area around it. Nothing wrong with knowing what you’re up against, especially when it’s already wiped out the first Mobile Task Force we sent after it.

    ????: True, but have you considered the fundamental flaw at the heart of Project: SERAPIS? It is a paradox that a man of your experience must have seen before the first council representative had left your office.

    GALLIO: Of course I did. But everything the Foundation does has a double and triple meaning behind it somewhere. Especially when it’s the O5 Council giving the orders. It’s not surprising there’s something hinky behind Project: SERAPIS, too. The paradox is that Project: SERAPIS was set up to research Shibbet’s Vale and all the anomalous events that happened there, as far back as I could find. But that’s the problem. The project was initiated after an operation was launched against SCP-6881, the entity underneath Shibbet’s Vale.

    ????: Which means?

    GALLIO: Which means the Foundation knew there was something anomalous there already. The O5 Council was already aware of the area’s anomalous history, otherwise they wouldn’t have sent the MTF into the caves under Shibbet’s Vale looking for what caused it. They had me researching something they had to already know about.

    ????: Yet you conducted Project: SERAPIS to the best of your ability anyway.

    GALLIO: It’s my job. I do what I’m told. Besides, it’s not the weirdest thing the Council has ever ordered.

    ????: Did you give any thought to what the purpose of Project: SERAPIS really was?

    GALLIO: My guess, it was a test to see how much about Shibbet’s Vale could be dug up by someone with the inclination and the resources. They already knew the place’s history, or at least most of it. They wanted to know if anyone else could uncover it, so they set me to doing it.

    ????: And that naturally leads to a second conclusion.

    GALLIO: There’s something about Shibbet’s Vale the O5 Council doesn’t want the world to know. They cancelled Project: SERAPIS before I got too close to whatever it is.

    ????: As perceptive as we expected, Agent Gallio. And that is where our new relationship comes in. I represent the members of the O5 Council who are themselves in the dark about what lies under Shibbet’s Vale. We are most concerned to know something happened there that our fellow members wish to keep secret. It undermines the integrity of the council to have some party to relevant information, and others ignorant of it.

    GALLIO: I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say these Council dissidents want Project: SERAPIS to continue.

    ????: Correct. And we’d like you to continue leading it.

    GALLIO: I knew this lunch was too fancy to be free.

    ????: We will fully support you. Protect you, as well, if that’s what you’re worried about. And do not pretend, Agent, that you are not as driven as we are to find out what lies at the end of this rabbit hole. You want to know what happened at Shibbet’s Vale. You want to know what SCP-6881 actually is.

    GALLIO: Curiosity isn’t the best reason to dive back into the field.

    ????: Maybe. But we both know, Agent Gallio, it’s enough. It looks like the main course is here. The sea bass. Good choice, agent.

► Play

GALLIO: This is Agent Hector Gallio. The following information is classified Level 5 under Project: SERAPIS. O5 Eyes Only.

A military base, Camp Whitetail, was established at Shibbet’s Vale firstly as an internment camp in 1941, and later an Air Force facility at the beginning of the Cold War in 1947. It was used for pilot training in the use of reconnaissance aircraft and interpreting aerial photography. It was also a training base of the Air Rescue Service. The camp was closed in 1954 under circumstances that were not made a matter of public record.

Foundation contacts in the Air Force searched for information on Camp Whitetail and located a set of transcripts that were classified just before the base’s closure. They were of a series of radio transmissions from the base. The sender was later confirmed as Staff Sergeant Amos Hazel.

Air Force personnel records state that Staff Sergeant Hazel: died in a motor accident on the base shortly before it was shut down, along with Airman Second Class Waldo Kirchner and Airman Second Class Madeline Little. The transcript indicates this is not the truth.

■ Stop

SHOW FILES



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License