SCP-6881 SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENT ‘HOTEL’

rating: +16+x

SCP-6881 SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENT ‘HOTEL’

Project: SERAPIS » Supplementary Document ‘HOTEL’

► Play

GALLIO: This is Agent Hector Gallio. The following is classified Level 5 under Project: SERAPIS — O5 EYES ONLY.

Researching the history of Shibbet’s Vale in Southern Montana goes beyond police reports and local government archives. I sought out information from Foundation assets embedded in academia, particularly among anthropology and psychology faculties. My assets returned with unpublished manuscripts and notes. The manuscript was left to the University of Michigan history faculty by Professor Walter Shepherd upon his death in 1969.

Professor Shepherd was an anthropologist and conducted an extensive project gathering oral histories from Indigenous peoples, particularly Americans of the Northwest United States. Among his notes were the transcripts of interviews he had conducted on the Crow Nation’s reservation in Montana, close to the Mourning Cloak Mountains and Shibbet’s Vale. These transcripts covered many areas of Crow history and culture and life on the reservation at the time. Professor Shepherd’s notes indicate he wanted to archive this information because much of it was passed on by oral tradition and was in danger of being forgotten or corrupted by time. Accordingly, he recorded his interviews and later transcribed them. The purpose of this specific interview was to learn about a strange illness that affected settlers in the Yellowstone area but notably did not affect the Crow Nation.

The Foundation asset at the university noted one set of transcripts from 1924. The interviewee was John Medicine Weasel, then-44 years of age, a full-blood member of the Crow Nation and grandson of a Crow Brave named Broken Nose who fought in the Great Sioux War in the 1870s. My research independently verified that John Medicine Weasel died on the Crow Reservation in 1961.

■ Stop

SHOW FILES



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License