SCP-6878
rating: +15+x
Item #: SCP-6878 Level 3/6878
Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures

SCP-6878-1 is currently uncontained. Their current location remains unknown however, they are responsible for all known instances of SCP-6878-2. Instances of SCP-6878-2 have been discovered globally in Urban Environments. All instances of SCP-6878-2 must follow the Protocol/SCP-6878/1:

1. Instances of SCP-6878-2 must be photographed by one D-Class personnel - under no circumstances must they or any Site personnel make unauthorised attempts to read or decrypt instances of SCP-6878-2.

2. Photographed Instances of SCP-6878-2 must be transcribed by one D-Class personnel. Please routinely innoculate the D-Class with Class A Amnestics every 13 minutes.

3. All Personnel - of all ranking - are to be anesthetised with Class-A Amnestics to erase the visual memory of viewing an instance of SCP-6878-2 within 13 minutes of viewing it.

If any instance of SCP-6878-2 is read by an individual and is not amnestied within 13 minutes, are to be isolated. Euthanasia is permitted if deemed merciful.

It is paramount that any further instances of SCP-6878-2 are reported by field agents. Any new instances are to be reported for testing, or if deemed necessary, immediately destroyed to prevent contamination of Civilians.

Description:

SCP-6878-1 is a liquid entity responsible for SCP-6878-2, a series of graffiti located in Urban Environments globally. Valid sightings of SCP-6878-1 have been reported by Personal near instances of SCP-6878-2, but they have evaded capture. SCP-6878-1 appears to be a moving puddle of vividly coloured paint, reportedly seen shifting into a near humanoid shape without a clear purpose.1 It is capable of crawling through any opening greater than that of 4mms and can move at a speed of 33.1 km/h to evade capture. It has been observed moving at a passive speed of 3.1km/h until intercepted or otherwise disturb.

An instance of SCP-6878-2 painted from a typical Aerosol paint that itself has no abnormal properties. It is unknown if SCP-6878-1 is also comprised of this paint. The instance is typically an unrecognisable word. [WORD]-Expon has remained the only pattern between instances, and no likely translation has been discovered. The grapheme2 used are also poorly constructed to be almost illegible. To clarify, the words are written as such that it would take focused attention to read and comprehend what is written.

If viewed and successfully read, the onlooker will within 13 minutes fall victim to the effects of said instance. The effects of each instance are tied specifically to them, and replicating said graffiti does not repeat their abnormal effects. The severity of these effects vary greatly but frequently share a symbolic or even loosely thematic tie to its located country.

WARNING COGNITOHAZARD: LEVEL 4 AUTHORITY REQUIRED


ASSURE CLASS-A AMNESTICS ARE AT HAND. USE WITHIN 13 MINUTES OF VIEWING THIS FILE


Addendum:

On March 18th 2006, SCP-6878 Containment Specialist Dr Leela Rand found a letter at her home address.

The letter is believed to be from SCP-6878-1 and also contains another instance of SCP-6878-2. It has been censored for your viewing.

Letter.png

The Recived Letter

Dr Rand has since lost her sense of taste.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License