SCP-6855

Item#: 6855
Level1
Containment Class:
pending
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
pending
Risk Class:
pending

Special Containment Procedures

The Eastern Hardware Storage Facility is to be cordoned off under the guise of chemical contamination. Each exterior surface of the structure's lower level is to be reinforced to restrict the spread of SCP-6855.

The soil around the structure is to be continually observed for any breaches of SCP-6855 into the local groundwater supply. If any breaches are detected, then the containment perimeter is to be expanded to incorporate the affected area.

All SCP-6855-A instances are to be sequestered to the Eastern Hardware Storage Facility using standard physical barriers.


Description

SCP-6855 refers to a body of fluid in the lower level of the Eastern Hardware Storage Facility in Detroit, MI. The pool is 10 cm deep on average and occupies the entirety of the floor. The fluid that comprises SCP-6855 has a dark red appearance and acts similarly to a non-anomalous fluid in nearly all aspects.

The pool's sole anomalous property is that it is capable of generating humanoid entities which are made of the same fluid as SCP-6855. These entities are referred to as SCP-6855-A and emerge at random intervals from SCP-6855. These entities possess little strength and have not demonstrated any hostile behavior. Each of these entities will attempt to leave the confines of the warehouse. They are restricted in that they are only able to maintain their form for 10-15 minutes on average before collapsing into a pool of fluid.

One SCP-6855-A has been able to exit the warehouse which was reported to local law enforcement. This was then brought to the attention of the Foundation and all of those who were aware of this incident received amnestic therapy.

Based on analysis of SCP-6855-A remains, the fluid no longer has any anomalous or hazardous properties nor is it capable of generating any further instances of SCP-6855-A.

Evidence suggests that this anomaly was generated following the rupture of 12 large cylinders in the structure's lower level. These cylinders appear to have contained the fluid that comprises SCP-6855, however it is not currently known as to how the fluid obtained its anomalous properties. These cylinders are notably newer than other equipment in the facility, which was condemned in 1978.

Further investigation into SCP-6855's origins is underway.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License